It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Myth Of Equality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I am of the opinion that the attacks upon our Constitution and Bill of Right have been assisted by a number of flaws in those documents, which include but, are not limited to, certain Untruths that fly in the face of reality and which I consider "Myths". This is going to offend and maybe upset some people but, there is no way this country and world are going to evolve and overcome it's obsticles and enemies until most of us get our minds straight.

For those who are eyeing this as "Off Subject" of the New World Order, I will mention that this document was sent to me by a Retired USAF Col (my father) in his defense of Bush and the New World Order vision.

The Myth of Equality
by
Jon Smith

Every age has had a foundational legend, an underlying mythos reflecting the zeitgeist of the era. Those of us who live in the contemporary West live in the shadow of the Myth of Equality. Our political and social institutions operate on the assumption that humans are fundamentally equal and that any real world inequalities are therefore aberrant and in need of coercive redress. Hiring, firing, entrance into insitutions of higher learning, even our speech patterns, all are dictated by egalitarian principles. We deify the champions of equality as saints of rationality and demonize its opponents as backwoods mouthbreathers or jackbooted thugs. What then are the roots and results of the Myth of Equality?

Rest of this can be found here:

foster.20megsfree.com...

Personally, I have never believed there was any such thing as true equality, nor will there ever be.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I think I've plugged for this book a few times already, and I haven't even finished it yet, but Howard Zinn's "People's History of the United States" talks in part about this. His opinion is that the Constitution was created by a wealthy elite to maintain the status quo of that elite. He also argues that this elite did not consider 'all men to be equal', but more along the lines of 'all white rich men are equal', and gives example after example of blacks, slaves, Indians, women, and poor whites to prove his point.

Great book. I can only vouch for the first 6 or 7 chapters so far, but WOW it is an amazing read. Just thought that anyone agreeing with the premise of this post might be interested.

new topics

join