It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing moon rock

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
yeah. I don't see ANYTHING.

Could you describe what you're seeing in a little more detail. I'd be happy to go in and highlight the areas you're talking about here. I'm decent at PhotoShop, so I can make whatever it is you're talking about apparent to all that look at the photos.

Links to the originals be be great too.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I dont see anything but rocks. Just because you see something because of a shadow doesnt mean its there (even if you outline it).

Also if you start a thread arent you supposed to say what you actually think they are (other than amazing)?

What do you think they are ziggystar60?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Wow......another great laugh this morning on the ATS forums.
Ya know, I try to keep an open mind but come on. Looking at rock formations is like watching the clouds roll by.
Oh look, a bunny!
Naaaa, I don't see a bunny, I see a dragon.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by wazar
Ya know, I try to keep an open mind but come on. Looking at rock formations is like watching the clouds roll by.
Oh look, a bunny!

people like you need help. seriously.

if your not interested in the thread then don't post...that simple...try opening your mind more...alot more.

[edit on 27-3-2008 by Dr.Greenthumb]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

I had to back track and go to you original post since so many people would rather giggle at your post.

The rock, as I see it, has been 'worked'. Perhaps one of the astronauts broke off some pieces of it which would account for the 'scratches' near the far edge.

I can't say that I see any evidence of 'life' if that's what you were after. There have been quite a few 'weird' geological elements identified in numerous photos, but I thin a good geologist might be able to ascertain whether natural forces over time could create such structures.

As for the 'detractors' out there citing member's need for 'help' because they can't see anything - well that's really their problem.

You asked for opinions on whether this rock seems strange. As far as I'm concerned they do bear closer inspection by someone experienced in such matters. I'm not sure you could find anyone around here without some agenda to push, but there ARE people out there who like to analyze these things. I may be ignorant but some refer to them as scientists.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr.Greenthumb

Oh look, a bunny!

if your not interested in the thread then don't post...that simple...try opening your mind more...alot more.

aaahhh ok

so posters can only respond on threads where they agree 100% with the OP? There was me thinking this sites motto was "deny ignorance", not "all club together in agreement"

The whole point of this site is for people to engage in dialogue and discussion and NOWHERE in the sites T&C does it say you cant post on a thread if you disagree with what the OP is about. Perhaps YOU should open YOUR mind a bit more to see both sides of an arguement and respect peoples rights to a different opinion to yours

ps, i only see rocks as well

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

I had to back track and go to you original post since so many people would rather giggle at your post.

The rock, as I see it, has been 'worked'. Perhaps one of the astronauts broke off some pieces of it which would account for the 'scratches' near the far edge.

That's exactly the case, in my opinion -- the rock was marked by the astronauts' tools.
See my previous post on page 1 where I showed an image of the rock before the astronauts "picked at it", or click this link:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 3/27/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by nnelsosj

What, because you took a bunch of rocks that have things that could look like eyes and legs, and outlined them, they are fossils? Come on man, Rocks are Rocks, and I've seen all your pictures before. Some of them are a complete joke.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr.Greenthumb

Oh look, a bunny!

People like me?? Hey pot, this is kettle, uptight much? lol
I never said I wasn't interested, on the contrary. Based on you statement of me I think that some of my beliefs may surprise you, but I'll stay on topic here. As I stated earlier, with respect to the poster, in my OH SO HUMBLE opinion, these rock formations are no different than a rorschach. Therefore, I'm not surprised some see more than others. Some will see what they want to see and to others.....well....sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Have a nice day

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

As for the 'detractors' out there citing member's need for 'help' because they can't see anything - well that's really their problem.

I asked for direction so that I may be able to help everyone see what this person is talking about and I'm supposed to be a 'detractors'. That's funny ... next time I'll just comment that I don't see anything and that this post is a waste of time.

And it's my fault because the OP says, "Ain't this strange" - yet, doesn't even point out what he thinks is strange. Isn't that picture up above funny? "Which picture," you ask? Well, if you can't figure it out ... I guess that's your problem.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtelt
well to me it look's like the rock has been broken in 2 pieces and the lighting is contrasting some pretty interesting shadow's. One of the shadow's even look's like a worm of some kind. But it still look's to me as shadow's. What does it look like to you??
\

If you are referring to the cropped photo, look at the original: history.nasa.gov...
You will notice that the appearance of it being a block of roack broken in two is simply an optical llusion because of the cropping. It is a shadow and that is all - the block is in one piece.

As for anything special or unusual about it, I don't see anything. Not to say nothings is there, but it is too easy for people to "see thing" because of matrixing. Like someone else said - its like finding shapes in the clouds.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

I humbly apologize (sincerely). I wasn't in fact referring to you or your post. I meant it more in regards to the general derisive nature of those who can't seem to offer more than 'you're all sick in the head' types.

I can't say that I understand what it was we were to be looking for other than this looks interesting. But I'm not the OP nor extensively experienced in how to effectively open a thread, so I can understand how someone might not be certain how to ask for others to take a 'look see' and give their reaction. Seems like many just want to snap out a 'you're an idiot' response and move on)

Sorry if I offended you, it was not my intention in the slightest.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
First of all, lots of thanks to everyone who has replied to my post. I am sorry if the thread is confusing - I have never started a thread before, so I may have done it in a rather stupid way. I have also posted other pictures than the first one in this thread, and I was hoping to get some comments on them too, but it seems that people here aren't very interested in them. Perhaps I should have put all the images in the first post. Again, please forgive my ignorance.

I have already posted a link to the website where you can find the official Apollo images. Go to the image library, and you can study the images on the different film rolls. Here is the link again to Apollo Lunar Surface Journal again:

www.hq.nasa.gov...

This page takes you directly to Apollo 17 mission, but you can click your way to the other Apollo images too.

And to make it clear to you what I think of the images I have posted:
I think the astronauts found other things than just plain rocks and dust on the moon. I think some of the images shows pieces of artifacts and perhaps machinery that have been up there a very, very long time. But that's just my personal and humble opinion, and of course many of you will disagree strongly. That is perfectly OK with me, and I respect anyone who thinks different than me. I just wanted to post the images because I have never seen them posted anywhere before, and in my opinion people should at least be aware of them.

All the best to you all from Ziggystar60!

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggystar60

thanks ziggy.
i enjoyed looking at your rocks.i'm no scientist but i am interested in trying to use my imagination on how nature gets shaped and formed by ?whatever/whoever ?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Seems like many just want to snap out a 'you're an idiot' response and move on)

Sometimes, though, as it seems to be in this case, that might very well be the correct response and we shouldn't shy away from it just because it might upset the sensibilities of some.

As a geologist, and having spent about 1/2 hour looking at these photos, I can say that they appear just as rocks to me (shame I wasted that time, really). Rocks can come in all sorts of shapes, sizes, colours and textures. I can see no evidence of life (despite the creative red lines meant to guide me towards that point of view), nor anything unusual.

I think we have a case of people spending too much time looking for things which aren't there, without a BASIC understanding (it would appear) of geology (which one requires when discussing rocks).
Shut down your computer, take a deep breath and go out and get a coffee or something. A break can be a good perspective leveller.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AotearoaSon

Hi, I am so happy that you posted in this thread, since you are a geologist! Can you explain to me what may have caused what seems to be some kind of carvings in the stone (see the image in the first post)?
I would really like to understand what makes rocks or stones appear this way.

And if you have any comments on the other images I have posted, I would be very happy to read them too. I apologize for not putting all the images in the first post, as I know this makes the thread somewhat confusing.

Thank you so much in advance.
Ziggystar60.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60

Hi, I am so happy that you posted in this thread, since you are a geologist! Can you explain to me what may have caused what seems to be some kind of carvings in the stone (see the image in the first post)?

Ziggystar60.

I will go with the line of thinking that they are markings made by the rock pick used to take samples (see other responses about the astronautical endeavours of sampling...it was a good explanation and sufficient in every reasonable context).

Other than that, planetary bodies such as the moon periodically/frequently have extralunar objects impacting on them, so, at a stretch that could be the result of some sort of impaction.

with these explanations (I favour the first, because of the DOCUMENTATION!), one needs no other.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Thank for your reply. But I have studied many Apollo images of rocks which the astronaut have taken samples of, and absolutely EVERYONE of them appears like this one in image AS16-107-17524 (cropped version). Notice the distinct colour change where the sample has been taken:

So I don't see how (or why!) the astronauts should have made such very neat carvings in this particular rock, which also has a very strange feature near the bottom of the image:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Hi again.
Forgot to ask - what do you think of this particular feature? (This is a cropped version of image AS15.89-12135, I have posted it earlier in this thread, but have gotten few comments on it. It would really be a treat to hear from a geologist about this.)

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
after looking really closely to all these photos, all i see are rocks, nothing more. Some do resemble shapes known to us, but this can be a natural phenomena. It happens on earth all the time. And in clouds, if you see a face in a cloud, it doesn't mean it's anything supernatural or that some alien life created it. It's just nature

<< 1    3 >>

join