It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are forums like Godlike Productions secretly run by CIA?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
With the recent media exposure of just how far Big Brother has invaded our privacy (i.e. illegal wiretapping, viewing private email accounts, cell phone conversations, etc) do you think this has any validity?

"Godlike Productions Forum -- is that a CIA psyop or what?? I get pop-ups for that place ALL THE TIME!!"

"In mid 2004 the internet was awash with rumours of an impending meteor strike that would wipe out Earth. The whole thing centred around posts made on Godlikeproductions by a guy named "Aussie Bloke". Go Google it and you may still get results about it. It was a very interesting internet development (or meme) but it all died down once the predicted dates of "impact" came and went.

It represented just how stupid and gullible many people are on the net but the info became so widespread that various websites started to dig into it. One went out of its way to look into the godlikeproductions forum and issued a long report that could be viewed on its site basically outlining how the site was run and controlled by the CIA and was a honeytrap for people eager to get online and discuss conspiracies etc. I hate to say this but I didnt save the page back then and it was soon taken down. It seems there is something up with that page - I never visit it anymore.

The page that put the report up can be found here: www.cassiopaea.org...

That note on there explaining why the piece was pulled is all that remains of the initial story."

www.davidicke.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I don't see how the CIA would need to start something up like godlike, when they could just read the pages like anybody can. Maybe, in some odd chance, they would start up a conspiracy website with questionable content, for the sake of pointing a finger. "Hey, look at godlike, that site, read this, so crazy, so why believe any other conspiracy site? They are all the same." could be their attitude. But why bother? If something sensitive comes along, whoops, a virus deleted the site, that is what they could do. Why one forum? Makes no sense, when the internet can be tapped, outside a person's home, outside the phone company, in some wires, in the air even, where nobody thought to look.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
That finger has been pointed at my beloved ATS so many times that I wouldn't feel right about pointing it at anyone else.

You can rest assured that the truth will eventually come out, it always does. Until then I'll let GLP go about it's way and wish them luck.

I also agree with the previous poster. I don't think the government needs to start their own site, they need only monitor the ones that already exist. Free enterprise will always do a better job than some government hack.

Just my thoughts,

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
i was just banned from there. simply for using the words "honey pot" "kitten" and "flowers". the last two are what spyware and adware are changed to when you type them in a thread. we know what the first is. site is great for info but there's definitely more going on than meets the eyes. the racism is crazy too. i got sick of it so got myself banned. oh well. makes you wonder when racism is embraced but kittens, flowers and honey pots are worth getting you banned.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
this may be an old topic. but i wanted some ppl to try and see.

glp is down. and has been out all day. anyone know anything as to why the hell it would just vanish?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
GLP is a weird place. A former mod who's the new co-owner is a hard-core debunker and petty despot. He also has a military background and apparently had enough influence or connections after 9/11 to be granted unrestricted access to Ground Zero.

In addition to the prohibition against the word "spyware", there's also the 'Tavistock Institute' rumors, which is also verboten to discuss. Just using the word 'Tavistock' results in an automatic ban.

I dunno, too much weirdness for me.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
ATS is more likely run by the C.I.A.(Cocaine Importing Agency).
If you mention anything about the War on Drugs here it gets deleted.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
is the godlike productions website down for anyone else or is it just me?

this is wierd..i'm getting an internet explorer error when i try to go to it...

it's the only site giving this error

www.godlikeproductions.com...

test it for me please

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Skipper1975

It only works with Firefox for some reason...

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

It only works with Firefox for some reason...

thanks bro...well there is a conspiracy for ya

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I just tried going there and I could not. I've never visited it before but it says:

"SORRY - YOUR IP ADDRESS HAS BEEN BANNED -

Thank you for not stalking!

If you need help you can email [email protected]

we sometimes have to ban entire ISP Providers because of attacks on this website..

If you have been inadvertently caught up in one of these bans please accept our apologies email us and we will try to clear it up for you "

That's fine. If the CIA needs to preemptively ban me I'm cool with that.

Vas

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I would like to confirm the rumors about godlikeproductions.com

That site is definitely run by the CIA.
Any thread that mentions GLP is being run by the CIA is automatically deleted.
As mentioned before, using the word 'Tavistock' on GLP will result in an automatic ban.

Tavistock is an institute based out of England that trains CIA and MI6 personnel.
It has subsidiaries and branches all throughout the western world.
Tavistock is basically the main training institute for New World Order personnel.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Just got myself banned from godlike productions, along with many other people.....
Trinity has been busted now, everyone is on to him.
They refuse to make a statement about why words are changed, refuse to treat their readers with enough respect to honestly answer, and just ban everyone's IP instead.

Beware GLP.

Forget that they banned me I have BANNED THEM.

During my googling, I did come up with this, if anyone is interested:

www.zimbio.com... node%2F51189

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I can assure you that "they" monitor this website and any other like it regularly. "They'd" be stupid if "they" didn't.

It's the main reason I have so much fun here. I write whatever I want and give "them" the finger at the same time.

By the way, "whoever" may be reading this, you can kindly, and graciously kiss my collective naked buttocks.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

(they ban your isp [due to attacks] but if you send them your email address,,,they will get it squared away
. info gathering technique.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Not sure why this is showing up in the most recent threads as the one above mine is 8th Oct 2008? Oh well, no such thing as coincidence is there so I thought I'd better comment on the GLP site.....

Never been a member but drop by now and then to see what the chat is about. I've never felt the urge to join and usually come straight back to ATS. This has a much nicer look which makes it nice and easy to navigate and read.

Not sure about the CIA bit but if they're really interested in my ramblings then what can I say except "thank you, it's nice to know my thoughts mean something to someone."

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I read a thread not long ago, and in the thread there was a link that said the CIA took control of GLP and at the same time made a play to buy ATS.

I'm not sure of the validity of the claims, probably total bogus, I'm kicking myself i didnt save the Link, I go through so many forums these days, I lose track, but I read it for sure.

I don't believe the CIA would need to own a site anymore to see what is happening, or to plant misinformation, they can monitor any site they want anytime they want to, why buy a site when they could place a member and have them try and control some situations, like derailing threads and the like when the question is to close to something they want hidden.

It crossed my mind not long ago about how they were posting on websites, not just GLP, or ATS, what brought this to mind was the amount of threads beginning with, what would you do , or how would people react to, general question threads asking how people would react to guns being removed, or if they found that someone was doing something, I dont want to go into to many details, but you must have all seen them.

Those threads to me seem like they could be testing the water, and what a better way to do it than to ask people themselves.

How would you react to disclosure, and what would it take to give up your guns, not saying they are, but that kind of thread is what I am talking about.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I KNOW ALL THAT IS BOUT GLoP....

I WAS ONCE A MEMBER.

THEN THE CHANGES YOU CAN BELIEVE IN.

www.gnn.tv...

[edit on 6-11-2008 by neverknwo]

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
i got sick and tired of trolling GLP so i posted a thread called "# it Tavistock" it got changed to "# it merry christmas" and the message was tavistock and that got changed to "merry christmas. I got immediately banned.

www.godlikeproductions.com...

try it for yourself.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I would guess they would just have 40 or so new threads that they could imput into ATS or any site so that if there was a comment that they didn't necessarily want people to read they could easily get that person's comment instantly thrown to the second or third page in the recent post section. Where it might just fall off of the radar. I've seen this happen many times when trying to find a thread and new post.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join