It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what if Planet X turns out to be true.....?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Call it Planet X, Niribu, Brown Dwarf.......whatever!

Just supposing we are being kept in the dark (no pun intended) about its existence.

Just suppose that its existence becomes public knowledge but rather than the mainstream media leaking the knowledge it comes for alternative sources such as ATS, (i.e. an amateaur astronmer)......!

Your obviously only gonna have a few hours at best to react before the population at large finds out that an ELE is on its way, (but still at least 6mths from impact)....so what do you do?

Heres a few questions for all here and would be especially interested to hear from survivalists etc.

What would be your first things to do?

Where would you plan to go?

Would you be prepared to obey orders from the police or law enforcement agencies?

Would you bunker down?

Would you go straight to the store?

Would you pay for anything at the store?

Would you help neighbours or anyone else for that matter?

Would you kill to survive the last few months on this planet?

Or would you simply kill yourself and your family?

In light of previous threads on this topic I was just wondering what fellow AST's here would really do if they thought about it, thanks to all replies in advance.

MR

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
then we all die

if you hide on the hills to escape any tiday wave,the meteors/earthquakes/hill turning into a volcano will get you. If you stay where you are and your home town isn't wiped out. The people will turn on you and eat you,if you don't get eaten,desease will soon get you. If you go all wandering nomad style,then it's probably your best bet. Big knife so you can whittle some animal traps,and box of matches and deck of cards should see you right.

basicly IF it is coming,there ain't nuffink you can do. No matter where you go to hide,something'll come and get ya. But don't let that stop you trying/planning something just in case. Hell,I've even been thinking about some wise "just in case" buys. Wind up radio,wind up torch,blow up doll,army truck,and small sound system powered by a load of those breifcase sized solar pannels you can get for camping.

check out the user on youtube dansac he's got loads of light hearted survival techniques for when nibiru arrives. They are the FFS,you are safe now.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Marlborough Red

If it turns out to be true, I hope that it lands on my head so I am the first to go. Then I won't have to worry about the rest of the scenarios!

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Just a bit negetive wouldn't you think?

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
What I was tyrying to get everyone to think about is what their initial reactions would be.

Its like the whole planet has been given 6mths to live.......!

I'm thinking, what would be the point of doing anything?

But then I think well why not just do whatever you want.....and my actions may just impact on you and your family......!

MR

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by darcon

just trying to get into the swing of things

it is the end of humanity after all.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   

The first thing I would do is grab a clean pair of underpants and head for the bathroom.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Illegal Alien

Why would you head for the bathroom with a clean pair of underpants

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

What do you mean specifically when you say your actions might impact on me or my family?

Do you mean to suggest you might get violent, or what?

I know you don't mean "me" specifically, but just what are you implying?

[edit on 26-3-2008 by Enthralled Fan]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I don't know what I would do,, but info like that that released to the mass population would undoubtedly cause mass panic,looting,random murders,and I believe even war's. I'm no scientist,,hell I don't even have a college education, but common sense tells me that. I don't know,,, become a true alchoholic I guess. Stockpile gun's,food,shovels??? would that actually do me anygood-I dont think so, you see I'm a lowermiddle class american and by all I've read on ats the gov will probably have me in concentration camp anyway!

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
i would do a lot of illegal thinsg that I can't post in a public forum
(All good illegal things, not bad evil illegal things)...I would go to the store, I would pay for what I wanted, and I would hunker(?sp) down with my husband with a gun, a booby trapped front and back yard, and spend the 6 months just having one big party with our closest friends.

Tela

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
If Planet X turn out to be true?

Eat my hat first!

...then find out what will happen to Earth
If we're not going to be affected, not a problem. I go to work as normal
If we're going to hit and its the end of the world, then drink, take smoking back up, sex and hope Bruce Willis saves my ass!

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by darcon

Yeah, shame on him for not putting a positive spin on the possible destruction of the Earth and most of its inhabitants. Hell, I'm plumb giddy!!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

The whole topic is meant a bit tongue in cheek really......!

As for you and your family EF don't get concerned it wasnt personal.

What I meant was some of my actions to other peoples reactions could well affect you if we happened to be in the same neighbour hood, (all hypothetical stuff really).

It's the initial few hours of reaction to the news I'm interested in. Do people here think society as a whole would colapse around us in a few short hours?

MR

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny

Originally posted by darcon

Yeah, shame on him for not putting a positive spin on the possible destruction of the Earth and most of its inhabitants. Hell, I'm plumb giddy!!!!
Ok,lets go back to the positive side then....

.....10,000,000 years after the last human gasped his/her last breath. The world is once again a clean,natural place to live. New life,new opertunities and a new day.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Ah well, ok! I didn't take it personally!

In the event it happens? I suppose religious people might flock to their places of worship for some last minute assurance of entrance to heaven.
Looters would be in paradise, and mass hysteria would be rampant. I live way out in the country, so I wouldn't have to worry about any of that for a few days, anyway.

As for me, I would quit cleaning house, but prepare luxurious meals to share with my loved ones. The rest of the time I would spend outside by the pool, playing with kids, dogs and cats.

I would watch every sunset, and sunrise, and just enjoy whatever days we have left!

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
You people are funny. There is *always* a way, an alternative or another option. Just because you do not know about it does not mean it's not there or doesn't exist.

A lot of people have been preconditioned to only trust and wait for our "overlords" to act or save us, and these people will most likely crawl into the corner, put their head between their legs and wait for it to come, while our "overlords" go into hiding, abandoning us.

Some other people will go to the opposite end of the scale and revert to savagery in our so called "civilized world", committing all kinds of atrocities against their fellow beings, for whatever purpose.

Yet other groups will do other things, in-between the two ends of the scale no better or worse than the two mentioned before.

Only a handful (compared to the majorities of above mentioned groups) will be those who truly think outside the box and have no fear because there's really nothing to fear but fear itself (fear is the mind killer). They will pull together and look for ways of counteracting whatever might endanger us.

I hate to use a movie as an example but I see it befitting here. Remember Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan where you find out that Kirk is the only one who passed the impassable scenario of Kobayashi Maru, by reprogramming the simulation allowing him to complete the rescue. That is exactly the kind of "out of the box" thinking I'm talking about, and Kirk himself said "I don't believe in the no-win scenario." What more could I say to that...

Of course, the P-X stuff could all be psy-ops and therefore we are now wasting precious time discussing about it. Instead we could use the time to better ourselves as people and human beings rather than worrying about some "what if".

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by amigo
Of course, the P-X stuff could all be psy-ops and therefore we are now wasting precious time discussing about it. Instead we could use the time to better ourselves as people and human beings rather than worrying about some "what if".

Thats the paradox though isnt it.......

What if we don't worry about "what if"........?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Look for a Sci-fi movie with Richard Denning, About a Planet that is going collide with Earth, and the people who build a ship to fly to it.

top topics

join