It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anyone notice a lot of fake posts?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan
What makes you think your logic is any better than the next guy?

For instance, I don't see you using any logic at all when what you profess to be doing is killing threads.

The one you set a "bomb" off in is pretty popular. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean other people won't.

The people involved in contributing to those threads have the freedom to make up their own minds whether they wish to continue, or leave it be.

I stand by my convictions, and maintain my personal integrity through it all with a clear conscious. You may see it as mean spirited.. but I felt it was necessary.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
If there's anything 'fake' about the threads that have been popping up, I would suggest the disinformant routine. There are occasional threads that pop up like 'Do you think the New World Order is going to save us?' or 'Is Population Management good?' that just reak of ulterior motives and agendas...

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kinesis

The people involved in contributing to those threads have the freedom to make up their own minds whether they wish to continue, or leave it be.

I stand by my convictions, and maintain my personal integrity through it all with a clear conscious. You may see it as mean spirited.. but I felt it was necessary.

Do you also like to pull wings of flys?
Your last post has confused me. You seem to contradict yourself. In your first post you take great pride in deliberately killing or sabbotaging threads and then go on to say people have the freedom to make up their own minds. I am sure they can make their minds up without a bias third party influencing them. If you personally dont like a subject matter or opinion go to another thread full of peace love and joy where everyone agrees with each other.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I think the point is becoming lost as the thread continues and people polarize to their particular side of the fence.

I think it was the Ops intention to draw attention to some of the lack-luster threads that have popped up in the last couple of weeks.

I myself was thinking this very thing a couple of days ago, and yesterday I read the same convictions from a member in an entirely different thread.

I believe there is some truth to the question the Op is posing.

How do YOU feel about them? Do you agree or disagree with the Op?

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
ATS has some of the most intelligent people on the internet...and some of the least intelligent as well.

There's a balance to everything I suppose.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
It's not so much that these threads are 'fake', to me they just seam to be misleading, or just plain uninteresting.

Recently there has been a surge in new members here at ATS and most of the new users make a beeline for the Aliens & UFO's section, to be honest I've hard a hard time finding threads that I'm interested in, that alongside the lack of developments in the 'TEAM ATS' thread about Cliff Stone's FOIA documents makes the aliens and ufo's section a little yawntastic at the moment i'm afraif.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

There's peace, love, and unity going on right now in the threads. Can't you feel the joy?

Just to elaborate a little, on an extremist point of view.. would you throw a bucket of ice cold water over Adolf Hitler's head during one of his speeches if you had the chance? I mean, with him waving his fist, and the whole crowd mesmerized by his intensity, wouldn't it be nice to break his concentration?

[edit on 27-3-2008 by Kinesis]

[edit on 27-3-2008 by Kinesis]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Kinesis

Well in that respect I am with you. I have also done similar not to kill a thread necessarily, but to take make a point about posters who take themselves far too seriously (even earned myself a foe for my troubles
) , and sometimes when I'm in a mood I stir the pot to get the discussion more heated/interesting. So I guess same idea different reasons?

Now, I apologise for getting back on topic for a moment, I have noticed that the skunk works, alien and more 'out there' forums have been copping a flogging of late while the more so called serious or scientific forums (Space exloration/Science & Tech) have been quiet. I think that in its self says alot.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
The way I read and understood the orginal post was more on the similarities in the way that group posts their beliefs and the way beliefs are posted here. Not that pokieland was real or not.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
This post is even more ridiculous than the ones it attacks,
why wasting time talking about what the content could be when you could ask pertinent questions or start something constructive.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by PimpyMcgibbins
ATS has some of the most intelligent people on the internet...and some of the least intelligent as well.

There's a balance to everything I suppose.

I really don't see it this way. If you think ATS has the least intelligent people on the the internet you haven't been on the internet... other forums are famous for being stupid. ATS has some of the most well written people on the net.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Well I'm not sure if anybody has said this. But pokemon are supposed to be space creatures. So yeah they're kinda like Aliens.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Maybe it's also lack of subject. I posted a thread yesterday in this categorie about astronomers finding organic molecules, because i did not know where else to put it.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by saturnus1962

Try Space Exploration. There are a few already there on the subject but about different molecules in different places so you should be OK. havng sad that, the ones already there there havent had much attention so good luck

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I know what you are talking about OP, I am pretty much SOLELY interested in UFO data, so when I see a post that says ...for example ( I am making this up, so I don't offend anyone specific) "OMG LOOK at CAPTIVE Alien FOOTAGE and tell me what you think" etc, I click on it, and see some youtube footage that is a bad hoax, and I go on....don't even comment etc...

But yet, that's what I tend to like about this site....although it IS highly annoying when immature, or overly zealous people "hype" their 5 year old footage, and those of us who have been looking at it forever, laugh, there is TONS of great info and footage...to make up for it....

What I can't stand is, people that post real news, real breaking news, and ...as you say in your post lol....the "CHUPACOBRA ATE MY SISTER" post, gets so many hits that ....the "real news" in OUR minds at least lol...gets obliterated from everyone clicking on the CHUPA footage....

Still though, this is a great site in my opinion and like the many posts in THIS thread? We have to be tolerant of all people...there are people like me, just interested in UFOS, there are people on here that believe in 500 alien species, abduction, that all planets in our solar system are inhabited, that they are channeling their brothers, dead relatives, aliens, God, etc let alone the conspiracy NWO people etc...Who knows if it's true, if it is? I bow to it lol, and who am I to say it's not?

I just get angry that, in this category...like you say, there are so many "hoaxes" or ridiculous posts...but, do like I do, you click on it, knowing it's a train wreck, you chuckle and click out. I will GLADLY put up with that, for the ABILITY of having this AWESOME site to read and post on ....I can put up with the little aggravations, how bout you all??? THANK YOU ATS for just being here lol

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
This ATS is all fake anyways. Come on people do you really believe the things you read here?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Some threads are like there are taking a poll of sorts.
Or perhaps disinfo is involved, or many other reasons...

link   
Some threads are like there are taking a poll of sorts.
Or perhaps disinfo is involved, or many other reasons...

link   
Dont know about 'fake post' - highly speculative true.
Is it because they are bored? Possibly.

I understand where your coming from, that it seems that whatever people post that there should be more substance and thought put into it. (Although some post that are way out there may have more thought put into it than 'legit' post. Some "creative story telling")

Peace

dAlen

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
O please....this site is for "crazy" subjects. What I find silly, somebody else might find interesting. Regarding the Pokemon thread, please remember what the OP was about: people saying the same things about Pokemon as others here about aliens. His question was more than legitimate.

You can not judge the starting post by the reactions it gets. And maybe it is me, but when people say things as nothing to see, move along I start to think.....mmmm let me just continue reading this thread

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join