It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Existence of ET'S disscussed at the U.N and truth to be revealed by 2017.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Existence of ET'S disscussed at the U.N and truth to be revealed by 2017.....

www.opednews.com

Veteran UFO researcher Robert VanDerClock has confirmed that he has met with and seen the credentials of an anonymous source who disclosed that a secret UN meeting had taken place on February 12 that discussed UFOs and extraterrestrial life. In a February 13 article first announcing the secret UN meeting, the anonymous source disclosed that the meeting was called in response to national governments concerns about increases in global UFO sightings. In a later article, the anonymous source, henceforth referred to as “Source A”, disclosed a time table existed for full disclosure of extraterrestrial life by 2017.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ufoevidence.org
www.exopolitics.org

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
More Disclosure??? - U.N. Debate The Issue Of Making E.T. Contact

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
An interesting story here, seems like a pretty credible source if not somewhat vague. It would make sense for the U.N to be meeting on this. They within the U.N must realise that they cannot keep it a secret forever and wish to reveal the truth, whatever that may be, in a responsable way.

Hopefully disclosure would lead to some kind of co-operation with whatever has been discovered leading to advances benefiting the whole human race.

A further question, do you think the U.N should represent the whole world in negotiations with ET'S? Or should countries make their own terms

www.opednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
In the comments at the tail end of the article referenced, someone seems to do a fair job of calling into question whether the author's report can be accepted as valid. I don't know the source or the commenter but it seems to cast a shadow of doubt on this.

Frankly, I hope it is true (although I wish the time line was accelerated). Any thoughts?

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
TBH i didn't notice that in the article, cheers for pointing that out. The truth should have been revealed years ago. Although you can understand during the cold war why it wasn't as it could have been an advantage to either side, i think this could bring the world closer together.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Perhaps it's more of a concentrated effort on programs like SETI. Why announce a table that would acknowledge prior knowledge of ETs? It would be a great thing but seems either far-fetched or out of context.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

I'm QUITE sure my sentiment has been voiced well over a thousand times, however, for one, I would be curious as to how opednews would be privvy to "secret UN meetings" when, in reality there ARE no secret UN meetings.

And two, with mainstream media so well monitored, there is NO such thing as a "non-leakage" factor...so anyone that COULD be privvy to such "secret UN meetings", if they existed, would be well aware that the second they say one word about it, the world TRULY knows. That being said, had there been such a "secret UN meeting", the UN would either call it rubbish OR just present the disclosure on it now. They would know there is no longer a need for the cloak and dagger routine with the world in the know from the "leakage".

My humble opinion, a bunch of nonsense and someone lookin to score, sorry.

AB1

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

Could be, but how do you know there are no secret U.N meetings eh
It may have been a purposeful leakage as suggested in the article. For what reason i don't know, to increase pressure on more rapid disclosure?? I would suggest the U.N has departments we are not even remotely aware of that look in to these kinds of things, just like national governments.

I would like to see a seriously huge public investment into finding thses pesky aliens if there is no real evidence, or immediate disclosure of proof of existence........How would world religions react i wonder?

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Like the world population, the UN has the few and priviledged. Its up to the few countries who control the information to divulge the truth.

It would be nice if all the unpriviledged countries who have UFO files disclose them to the world. That would make a nice reading. Already a few countries have done so on a limited basis -- France, Britain, Mexico, and others.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Again, I'm not really sure what there is for the governments to hide. I really don't know what to think about aliens. I do know that there are a few billion people on this planet currently, and billions dead and gone. Given the accessibility of cameras and video equipment that we have now and in the past, why has there never been any credible photo or video captured? They are always so vague or fakes. I am open to the idea, but need serious proof other than my cousin's ex girl friend's brother whom I can't disclose says a meeting took place at the UN about aliens. The source didn't even say if the meeting supports the idea of alien life being real or not.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
When ET says we can divulge the truth, it will be told to us but not until then. If the world new the truth prematurely, there would be massive breakdown of society all around. All forms of religion would probably break down, people most likely would not go to work, mass hysteria, loss of faith/trust in our governments and our leaders, the list goes on. I for one am all for disclosure at this point but like I said, it's just not up to us and certainly not up to the UN since they have no "real" control either.

Purduegrad05

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
To make an omelet, you have to break some eggs.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Purduegrad05

I'm curious why you would think a reaction like that would occur? Can you elaborate. I'm just wondering if you know something the rest of us don't or if it's just personal speculation.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysticaltheologist
reply to post by Purduegrad05

I'm curious why you would think a reaction like that would occur? Can you elaborate. I'm just wondering if you know something the rest of us don't or if it's just personal speculation.

You're right, I think I should have elaborated more on what I said. It is partly my personal opinion, what I said, and mostly from what was on this thread...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's a great read and quite long, some 350 pages. Sleeper talks about his experiences with ET and what would happen if full disclosure were to occur. It's not the main thing discussed but it's in there. What he talks about in the thread is what I believe personally and that's why I wrote what I wrote.

Now, from my personal opinion, based on talks I've had with friends and others about just the idea of ET and UFO's, etc, etc...most of them really couldn't handle it. It throws their religious views way out of wack and frightens some people. Think about what full disclosure would do to religion and all things related. It would, in my opinion, make it all irrelavant. I think first of all, ET would have to come down here and explain to us the truth of how this universe works because our small view on this planet can't possibly be the norm for the ENTIRE universe. For us to think like that is just naive and ignorant.
Secondly, think about it, if ET came down in their cool ships and spilled the beans, I know I would want a ride off this rock so I can explore the galaxy or as much as I could reach. I mean, who would want to go to work when you can fly around in those ships like that!??

Again, this is just what I believe based on what I have felt my entire life and based on what I've read in the thread that I posted above, just rings true to me!! There are others that think like me out there which is why I don't mind saying all this.
But, it's just my two cents and everyone can take it for what it's worth and that's ok. We all have our own views, that's what makes us who we are.

Cheers,
Purduegrad05

[edit on 27-3-2008 by Purduegrad05]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
C'mon, can't play poker w/o a certain amount of chips, there will be no disclosure in 2017.

That's funny i was thinking 2017 is exactly the time frame of 2012+ 5 years being in a underground base like in Norway (see the topic of Planet X that's teasing everybody's mind right now)

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk

Hopefully disclosure would lead to some kind of co-operation with whatever has been discovered leading to advances benefiting the whole human race.

I hope it will end with both of us advancing as a speciies as well. However, I see more evidence to think the contrary at the moment.

A further question, do you think the U.N should represent the whole world in negotiations with ET'S? Or should countries make their own terms

Honestly man, I think they will choose 'who' themselves.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Frankly, I hope it is true (although I wish the time line was accelerated). Any thoughts?

Well remember this is the timetable for 1/2 of the parties invloved. For all we know the aliens have other plans as far as 'disclosure' goes..

Let's hope their version of a disclosure doesn't resemble an invasion.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice

Given the accessibility of cameras and video equipment that we have now and in the past, why has there never been any credible photo or video captured?

Well, they are a highly technologically advanced race. I mean they are capable of interstellar space travel! That means they are even more advanced then us. Considering that I really don't feel it's a stretch that they could keep our electronics under control...

You know?

Hopefully I am not still on your ignore list

As for the credibility of this article. No idea. Looks like it's probably fake? I dunno.

But Christian Voice there is alot of evidence on ATS to read about. Alot. Including a thread on my own experiece

[edit on 113131p://26u20 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
So what does the ATS community feel about this part of the article?..

the anonymous source disclosed that the meeting was called in response to national governments concerns about increases in global UFO sightings.

Has there been an overall increase in alien activity nation-wide? Like UFOs, alien abductions, close encounters in general? That would maybe add some weight to this alleged secret UN meeting.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Man why is it always they far off points in time in which something major is supposed to happen? Why can't it be something such as November '08 or even next year would be good, but why...is it always so far off? It's like their rolling dice to figure out when they want to do something

Although I do find it at least good in the way that they will disclose something, rather than nothing even if it is a well away from now. Though I'm starting to wonder, what could push this release date up to an earlier year? Can something even push it up further and if so will they disclose sooner or stick with that year?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The only problem is if the gov't decides to disclose we will be still on the same boat. Right now, most people only see the frosting on the cake. They don't see that the cake has 3 layers. Luckily, people of ATS knows there's something under the frosting because we've dug holes thru the frosting. Most ATS'rs don't know how many layers of cake there are. But some have dug deeper and know more.

When the gov't discloses in the next 10 years, they will only remove the first layer of frosting. Only the public will only know the first layer of cake. ATS members will know better by those few who have dug deeper.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join