It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Global Warming - Regular Ice Berg Pieces

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I've just found this video at BBC, which is about that large ice berg, which was "melted down" from Antarctica.

news.bbc.co.uk...#

Honestly. Did anyone ever see icebergs, which had way too regular walls after they separated from the main ice group? I don't think so. These large things seemed to be cut down from there.

Focus on the large, main pieces at the end of the video.

Please check the video and decide it by yourself.

[edit on 26-3-2008 by Dark Crystalline]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Oh. And if anyone have an explanation for this, I would gladly hear it. But I don't buy that this is a standard meltdown. The icebergs are way to regular.

[edit on 26-3-2008 by Dark Crystalline]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Weird...i watched this the other day and thought exactly the same thing....

They seem as if they were cut somehow???

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Exactly. And if you check the end of the video, you also may see that the other large piece in the background is in the same condition.

Here is a video for comparison. This is how the icebergs are melting down from the main berg in the reality and notice the shape of the wall. It's completely irregular, not as the walls of the ones on the upper video.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
It's square-edged mainly because it is a large piece of an ice-shelf that broke off somewhat uniformly. This only happens on ice shelf pieces that are already above-water (not inland). They're not glaciers wihch break off chunks like the normal "north Atlantic" icebergs (you know - the kind that sunk the Titanic) which float 10% above water and look kind of pointy. The way these ice shelves break off is waves travel across the ocean and go under the floating ice sheet. eventually a crack occurs and can create these large multi-mile long chunks that look "cut off".

en.wikipedia.org...

In this picture, look above the word "Warming" where the ocean meets the edge of the shelf.
en.wikipedia.org...:Antarctic_shelf_ice_hg.png

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
you should check the book" state of fear" by michael crichton.
it features a bunch of people who help to fake up the whole GW thing , esp by breaking off a large ice shelf.

en.wikipedia.org...

it is strange how the head of the artic and antartic surveys have said this week that the break off looked as if it had been helped along !!!!

snoopyuk

top topics

join