It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Removal of FingerPrints?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Is it possible to remove ones fingerprints? Would they grow back, or would they form scar tissue over that area on your fingers?

Im just curious if there is any sort of longterm method in removal of fingerprints....

thanks folks

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
yea you could probably burn em off if you are hardcore and desprite...

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:24 PM
link   
any ideas on how to do this? I know it sounds stupid, but what would the best method be? would it be to use a strong base or acidic substnace? a heat source? surgical removal? etc...

Its just a thought as I watched an old Xfiles the other day and it intrigued me about personal identification

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
there are ways to change them such as: having a skin graff to form new ones or a laser surgry that will eliminate them.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
If a guy gets bored enough, he can light a plain old Bic lighter, let it get good and hot, hold the metal against the fingertip, and burn it off that way. A heat source is probably the easiest way to remove fingerprints, just put your fingertips against something really, really hot.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by slugfast
any ideas on how to do this? I know it sounds stupid, but what would the best method be? would it be to use a strong base or acidic substnace? a heat source? surgical removal? etc...

i worked in a distribution warehouse for a grocery store this summer, and we had these rolls of plastic wrap with a cardboard tube on the inside. a couple hundred revolutions of that tube on your fingers easily removed your fingerprints.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Its just a thought as I watched an old Xfiles the other day and it intrigued me about personal identification

Why do you care if it's all equally painful?

Here's an idea... hold your fingers over your stove until the flesh begins to melt, then dip them in citric acid, and then use a scalpel to remove the molten and disintegrated remains. Oh and take an aspirin, as this may hurt a bit.

Hmm.. make that an extra strength tylenol!

[Edited on 22-2-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   
You would have to do a really good job of doing it, because if the damage is not good enough, they will heal and grow back, with maybe a few scars and other marks on your finger tips. These marks would make it even easier for cops to identify you in the future. I would recommend a simpler solution like coating your fingers in a thin layer of liquid latex or some type of glue. This will give the illusion that your fingers look pretty much normal, but it will not leave marks around for people to identify later.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   
if you did manage to completely get rid of your fingerprints you'd have a very hard time doing normal everyday things. The ridges on your fingers, aka prints, are what allow your fingers traction when picking something up, or writing, or doing a million other things with them. Without those it would be hard to do almost anything.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a few years ago now I was trying to fix a bolt on a chair... and somehow managed to cut the top off my finger, taking away the fingerprint ! No bone just the flesh ( dont ask me how it happened I really dont know)

That grew back entirely well, complete with fingerprint.

I've always wondered though if it was the same as before or it grew back differently.......

guess I'll never know.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Is it possible to remove ones fingerprints? Would they grow back, or would they form scar tissue over that area on your fingers?

Im just curious if there is any sort of longterm method in removal of fingerprints....

thanks folks

Sorry to say it, but this is a dumb topic. If you don't want to leave fingerprint, use your head, wear gloves. Now Why do you want to do this anyway?

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by ghost]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   
If I remember correctly, in the movie Se7en, the killer used to shave off his fingerprints every day and keep them bandaged. Not a single print was found in his home, except ones belonging to another guy... from a severed hand!

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Just dip the tips of your fingers in superglue

That is if you are allergic to latex, or don't won't to walk around with rubber gloves on for some reason...

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by NetStorm]

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
thanks guys, I was just watching an old Xfiles and had also seen seven and it intrigued me... didn't mean for it to be a dumb topic, just thought provoking. I might try the superglue method if I ever need it... I would only use it for temporary alteration if I ever did use it, ie on a Driver's liscence if I ever had to provide a fingerprint.

I don' t know if its just my paranoid nature, but why allow them to take your fingerprint for a drivers liscense? who really wants to take over my life? its not like I have mounds of gold under my house or anything interesting.... I think I would rather take the chances

JD

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I wouldn't go torturing your appendages just yet.

Aren't they now doing things like retina scans to ID people now? or its in the works at least?

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:28 PM
link   
There are numerous "dumb" topics - and this is not one of them.

Have you ever seen the James Bond flick "Diamonds are Forever"? "Q" gives Bond a set of thin overlays to simulate the prints of another agent (Peter Franks) when he handled a whiskey glass. It is an unforgettable scene (for most men).

I was planning to go to Brazil where they've just instituted restrictions requiring photos and prints. Damn! I've never been fingerprinted and I didn't want to start now, so I was interested in this too. [I can't blame Brazil, because they were just reciprocating the moronic (and oppressive) policies of the USA]

Long answer - sorry(!) Here's a cool link.
Two German hackers say they have developed a technique to defeat biometric fingerprint scanners used to authenticate electronic purchasing systems. This system creates latex fingertip patches designed to be used while under observation.

It's a start, anyway, or at least a tangent.

RogueOne

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Removing your fingerprints would be dumb, because doing this would still give you a unique identity...So what I would suggest is to either
A: Take different grades of sandpaper, and start rubbing away on your fingers, but dont do this too much, because like I stated before, any scarring would give you a unique identity.

B: Just go out and buy some latex, "paint" it on your finger tips, let it dry and you are now finger print-less. Just make sure you discard the silicon in a safe place after doing whatever it is you were going to do.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The best way would be acid. But your fingerprints continue down to the 2nd knuckle.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The easiest way to not leave fingerprints is just a drop or two of regular old elmers glue on your fingertips. Easy on and easy off and doesnt leave a print.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
well, they'll grow back, but heres what you do to get rid of them temporarly. Boil some water and get it as hot as you can get it, stick your hands in (palms first). Simple as that. If you want something quicker, use some hot grease.

LMFAO

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join