It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl died as parents prayed instead of seeking help

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
they should have taken the girl to benny hinn, he could have knocked her down and she would have been cured!

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Not everyone believes in the paradigm of western medicine.
Not every illness should be cured.
The strong are to survive.
The weak are to die.

Sri Oracle

I can't say I completely disagree with your sentiments, but I have to ask a question. "Not every illness should be cured."? What does that mean? What illnesses in your opinion should not be cured? If you, or your children, had a severe--possibly deadly--case of pneumonia would you not seek a cure because it is not meant to be cured? In the eyes of nature a human made cure to ANY disease in unnatural. Are you saying that illness is one of nature's barometers that determines whether one is worthy of living or not? Strength and weakness is measured in much more than physical vigor.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gluetrap

When diabetes goes untreated the body cannot transfer the sugar from the blood cells. Therefore to fix this problem the body burns fat and this creates "Ketones". The body then basically withers away until there's nothing left.

These parents, as I've stated before, robbed their child of a normal life. They killed their child by neglecting the signs of imminent death. Had I been that girl I would have marched straight out of my house and right into an emergency room.

I have the disease, and she could have had a completely normal life with zero complications had her parents simply sat her down in a doctor's office. She would have been cured and been back at school with her friends.

The parents disgust me.

Mitch

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
That is a very sad story. Those parents need to be sent to death row. That will test their faith for sure.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

God clearly isn't answering the prayers of amputees...

I believe in God myself, but I think Christians have a very misguided notion on Gods role in our affairs..

True, but then again he never promised us they would grow back if we lost them.

Sure, but that wasn't my point.

My point was that Christians treat it as though God had, hence using prayer for such trivial things as 'getting a raise', etc. Which is why some Christians take this "Christian Science" approach to such an exreme. Take it to the extreme that they believe God will heal their daughter just because they prayer for it.

[edit on 113131p://26u53 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

LOL.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Personally..

I think its proof that God does exist.

And that he LOVES Irony.

Too funny.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by nickh

I feel for the girl, but the family really need to get their heads on straight.

They really need to get the death penalty for murder!
It is bad enough if people give up their private lives to christian delusion but when they force it upon innocent trusting children then in my opinion they are as bad as that pedophile who buried his victim alive.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShiftTrio

Universes collide with each, Suns explode the average life of a Planet is 7 billions years, But Gods looking out for some monkeys on a rock who have been around 250,000 years. That is so arrogant that we are so important. God has bigger fish to fry then us. IMHO

No need for an IMHO there man, you have taken the stance of humility here

I was surprised and very happy to read you say that

I always bring up the 'Galactic Collisions' when I discuss universal morality and religious morality

God will save your job through prayer but at the same time God destroys billions of planets? Those planets could have been, and probably are, hosts to trillions of life-forms, including trillions of alien-puppies
Why can't Christians believe in God and believe in the fullness of free-will?..

[edit on 113131p://26u30 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Oops! I did it again! (double post)

[edit on 113131p://26u54 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I think what we need in the world is a little faith. Maybe not in the Christian God specifically, but just in General. I lost my faith a long time ago and I do sometimes wish I could regain it. You feel a bit lost once you've lost that feeling you once had. Like something is indeed missing. If there are no signs of abuse in the home then the parents shouldn't be taken to jail. Naive they may be, and a bit too into the faith, but if all signs show this to be a good home then leave them be. To each their own.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I am personally going to take care of them both. Watch them pray their selves to death this time.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludaChris
Naive they may be, and a bit too into the faith, but if all signs show this to be a good home then leave them be. To each their own.

Well I wouldn't go so far as to say there are no signs that there isn't problems with the home.. they indirectly did child abuse, well killed her, because of their ignorance.

I think the loss of their daughter is enough though. The psychological karmic ramifications will be enough, as was pointed out by another member.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I feel bad for the girl but I'm half tempted to say the parents deserve it. I think people need to learn to stop praying for things when they can just go accomplish the desired results themselves. They were praying for the daughter to get better when they could have just gotten her treatment. It's like praying for a flat tire to magically fix itself when you can just get it changed.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MitchMagic

somehow I missed the diabetes part and only saw the symptoms...Im not sure how~!

Because this was so treatable and manageble it makes it even worse in my book.

If they had bothered to find out what was the problem was much of it could have been controlled through diet.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I'm not surprised! Relegion is mans greatest enemy!!!

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by nickh

These religous ppl really gotta go and get them selfs checked up thay have imaginary friends # this is getting out of hand grow up

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I don't understand why these parents couldn't have just used the insulin on this girl, and then prayed to God that it would be fully effective. I mean if they really felt like they needed to pray for something.

Where do you draw the line, you know? It's weird, using their approach, why feed or give water to the child at all, when you can just pray to Jesus to fix the ailment of hunger and thirst?

Again, where do you draw the line? I think if they really felt like they needed to pray for her, they should have just given her the medicine and prayed it would work.

[edit on 053131p://27u39 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle

Do you really want to live in a society of mandatory medicine?

Do you really want to live in a society where independent human beings are FORCED to DIE from CUREABLE diseases because of morons like YOU with criminal negligence?

[edit on 27-3-2008 by Rubber Bullet]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR

Put them in jail on through away the key. This is flat out murder. At the very least negligent homicide.
These people make me sick . Its one thing to deny treatment for yourself as an adult that can make that choice . But to FORCE it on a child. Just on "Faith"? . Thats just wrong .

You suffer from the sickness, you have a sickness in your heart.

People go to doctors everday for help and still die, who made you God?

What if they would have took their daughter to the doctor and she died anyway, then they would not only suffer the loss of their child but also the cost of the doctor and possibly the loss of all they have?

I have wittensed God heal people of all kinds of things, but we all die some sooner some latter, and there is no doctor going to prevent death from taking you when it comes.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Wene will this madness of religion ever end? Wene more kids die because there pearents think god will save them?. Or wene your imaginary friend never speaks to u again not saying he did in the first place

[edit on 27-3-2008 by SaadAdam]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join