It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 50: The Most Stable and Prosperous Countries in The World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Top 50: The Most Stable and Prosperous Countries in The World

www.timesonline.co.uk

A one-year investigation and analysis of 235 countries by Jane's Information Services has put the UK joint seventh in the premier league of nations with the US at 22nd and Switzerland, normally associated with wealth and untouchable stability, is rated 17th.

Here is the full list:

1 Vatican

2 Sweden

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Interesting...

The states is clear down at #22 now...I wonder if that could have anything to do with idiotic fiscal policies? What a shame what these 'leaders' have done to us as a nation---There was a time where we sat atop this list. They have hollowed out our infrastructure...

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
There are 50 countries on the list, why do you choose to focus on one particular number over others, number 22? Which coincidently I'm sure happens to be the US. Are you that desperate to get at this administration and just generally complain that you'd use something like this? Jesus, some people have way too much time on their hands and too little brain cells to boot.

Personally I prefer to talk about Angullia and their idiotic policies which led them to be number 36.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Erm the USA stands on the 24th place not 22nd.

But i am suprised that the Netherlands came out at number 9!!!
I realy expected it to be lower. Especialy considering that the purchasing power is getting lower and lower...

But the other side off the coin is that the Netherlands is a stable yet viberant nation, so i reckon it wouldnt needed to be a suprize after all.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

1. Vatican
4 Monaco
5 Gibraltar
6 San Marino
7 Liechtenstein

The UK is listed as 8th. These are all Non Countries. They are more a POST OFFICE than a place where you can go to live and work. Places for money laundering and tax evasion. For the R&Fs. Rich and Famous.

None of the following are countries in the usual sense of the word. Yes, they are places, but not countries. Some like Guam and American Samoa are not even well off unless you call sewing bluejeans for Singapore a high end job.
14 Andorra
31 Samoa
32 Falkland Islands
34 Guam
36 Anguilla
39 Montserrat
42 St Pierre and Miq
44 Cayman Islands
45 American Samoa
46 Virgin Islands (UK)
48 St Lucia
50 Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Island

I have the greatest respect for the old Janes series published in England but this list makes me wonder. Janes began as a worldwide registry of shipping. It was so highly regarded for accuracy that the Germans, preparing their High Seas Fleet for World wWar 1, built a whole class of battle cruisers with deficient armor because of the misleading data fhey found in Janes.

It was not learned until after the War that the British Admirality had persuaded Janes - much against their wishes - to make false entries in regard to the levels of armor on the British ships of the line. I guess that qualifies as an early example of dis-information?

[edit on 3/26/2008 by donwhite]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Well it's no shock that the Vatican takes #1. After all they've got the absolute most lucrative tourist industry per square mile. Overall I'm pretty happy with the US getting #24. Considering that we're by far the largest nation on there in terms of population, we're doing pretty good.

But in all fairness it's pretty hard to rate a country like the US when you look at how diverse it is. We've got places like Branson, Missouri where in terms of prosperity and stability they're probably better off than any other place on this list (and still larger than the Vactican
). Yet less than a half hour's drive away you could probably find a place that could easily score lower than #100 if the list were to go that far. So while it's kind of cool that the US gets #24 as a whole there's still a huge gap between the rich and the poor that sadly gets covered up by this list.

And of course it's not like we're the only nation on the list with this issue. Virtually every nation on there has parts that could be rated as third world nations if they were to break off tomorrow. Meaning that although we should keep up the good work there's still work to be done.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
IMO the list is TOTALY bogus! Countries that are so small they should not even count and the Vatican #1? Gee the place is the size of the city I currently live in, hell its even SMALLER! I honestly thinki they did 0 research into this and just put any country they wanted in any order they felt. Canada is at least in the top 3 but I guess they dont consider taking the worlds largest nation by size and making it one of the most prosperous and safe countries that big of deal compared to tiny freakin Vatican using thievery and tax fraud to be rich.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
What a load of rubbish. How much did the clowns who published this nonsense get from the vicars in the Vatican. Anyway, a lot of the places listed aren't countries.

new topics

top topics

join