It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big UFO event planned for 2012, please comment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Hey folks!

I've been a silent observer of these and other boards for a few months now and I've come up with an idea that's been floating around my head for quite some time:

A BIG (let's call it) UFO-event that should attract aliens/other beings which are well aware of our presence (and observing us) to land at this place.

Now, this might be the most stupid or most brilliant event of the history but it most centainly won't be left unnoticed.

I've talked to a bunch of influential people lately, making sure that it could get the cash and media attention that it needs, so far we've formed a team of 6 people for the first phase which includes public feedback like this board and a rough concept of which direction we should be heading.

Our team is doing this in our available freetime thus the planning is taking so long but we aim on "doing the party" on December 21st, 2012 because it's such a nice, remakable day, isn't it?

Now, to be a little more specific:

We plan a gathering of at least 100.000 people in one spot around a platform with a global salute sign or form (whatever that may be has yet to be discussed) to invite our extraterrestrial friends to land at this specific spot.

Now you could say: But 2012? Why does it take so long?

As you can imagine, 100.000 people (or more) aren't just waiting for this to happen. Though we have some financial support already, we still need to widen our teamsize, find more investors, get in contact with HEAPS of agencies/companies around the world to coordinate things, yet we have to write down a detailed plan ourselves. This takes time, lots of time!
They take 1000s of people to organize the soccer world cup within a few years, now imagine this size of an event with just 6 people starting...you get the idea.

Long story short, I will start with a website on this event later this year. Keeping all updated on how we developed on the subject.

I'm making sure this will stay as transparent as possible, this event won't be externally controlled by any government whatsoever (apart from the needed responsibilities to start such a big beast) and OF COURSE no financial interest is involved, thus this event will be absolutely free to anyone.

I know this is possible to realise given the must that we put enough effort into it.

Finally, why am I posting this here?
Obviously because this is an alien/UFO subforum but specifically because I want to hear your opinion, any opinion. Be critical. But please stay on-topic and back up your thoughts if possible, don't just post "Bull# idea" whatsoever.

We are absolutely serious about this.
As of now, I won't be giving any personal data of the people involved in this project but I can assure you that there will be contact addresses available for demand once the website has started and we officially go public with our baby.

I know you guys know your stuff, so please help us out and tell us:

- What do you think of this idea?

- Would you come to this event, knowing it will be big and even if you had to travel a long distance to get there? (Like if it took place in Europe and you live in the US?)

- What would you expect as far as organization goes?

And of course, we know that 99.999999999% there won't be any real ship landing there but we still hope for that little, extremely tiny 0.000000001% that we might actually succeed, the hope dies last!

Furthermore (studying the ufo/alien phenomena and all its happenings for quite a few years now) we are convinced some (friendly) extraterrestials are watching us but do not get in contact with the public because of governments/military and so forth...

Please discuss. If you want more detailed input feel free to ask.
Thanks for reading.

Bernhard

[edit on 26-3-2008 by blackshine]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I Like this idea alot but my only worry is its gunna be a repeat of '94 Woodstock. Over-commercialized by corporate vendors. Violence, drugs, and crime are almost a certainty when you get 100,000 people together. The few with the truest intentions would likely get lost in the shuffle. Not sure if I want to meet my space brothers in that environment.

Not saying you shouldn't try though...We should always try. Good post.

Might I suggest a type of synchronized meditation or gathering where each person involved in the event gathers in groups of 3,5, or 7 people at different locations globally? (Kind of like the Live8 Global Concerts)

Perhaps these small groups could be peppered across the planet at sacred sites instead of concentrated in one place? That way you could cut down on all the aformentioned human problems.

Bernhard, if you, or your party are open to the latter idea I would be happy to help you in anyway possible. I do graphic design and music professionally.

[edit on 26-3-2008 by VisionQuest]

[edit on 26-3-2008 by VisionQuest]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Good idea.

Though why wait till' 2012??? wouldn't it be better to have it in 2010 and use it as a BIG UFO exposure/disclosure/public awareness OP??

I do believe that 2012 is going to be a big year, but im not convinced it'll be something to party over.

Bring it forward too 2010 and i'll be there!!!! but in 2012 i'll be hiding in my makeshift bunker!!!!

I'm not meaning to sound negative here, but by 2012, i think we may very well have confirmed UFO/Alien contact allready.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Great Idea! 2012 is perfect with the Maya calendar and all. lol I say Arizona! Lots of space and we have already had a mass sighting here anyways.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Something tells me that the original poster is rather ridiculously full of B.S. and shouldn't be listened to as it is a sorry (and very sad attempt) to garner some type of attention.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The reason for all this talk about 2012, is not just because of the myans, We are collectivly changing, We are actually entering a new age. We have been in the age of Pisces for around 2000 years. The age of pisces is the age of christ. Pisces is the fish symbol. Now very soon we are entering the age of Aquarius. We are throwing away (most people anyway) this old way of thinking, basing everything on jesus and the bible. By 2012 we will be in full awareness of this transformation. People are on edge but also more connected to things like the enviroment and each other. So as we evolve expect the gods and angels that created us to watch us more carefully. Who knows if they will make full contact but they will definitly be here to observe. I'm speaking of the positive beings called the nordics. They are what history has called angels. The grays, i havnt quite figured them out yet. But for the most part i feel they are negative. All species of ETs have the technology to jump dimensions. As for disasters, Its very possible, Its also very possible the earth is cleansing herself, So respect the earth and move away from the most populated places and you should be fine,
Happy Evolution

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I'm not going to bash this thread but nothing is going to happen in 2012. Yes the calender ends but it will still go on. Plus there is NO leading evidence of end of the world. And if I hear anything about global warming take a look, its been happening for years and has happened in the past. Nothing happen earth went on. Plus you really think people back then could predict the end of the world? Come on. now.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Hmmmm, don't know what kind of reaction you will get for a free event around a platform to welcome aliens.

If you get people to invest in such an event that will be free, it seems fishy to me. I am sure anyone investing in such an event would like to profit in some way.

I suppose they plan to sell 100,000 t-shirts at $30.00, at least that many bottles of water at $10.00 a piece, and oh yeah, will there be pay toilets?

Why do I smell pay-per-view event at $50.00 an order on this, also?

Nothing is "free" in my opinion.

Maybe if Ozzy is still around, you can combine the event with "Ozzfest!"

[edit on 26-3-2008 by Enthralled Fan]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Mkk i couldnt help but laugh at your thoughts OP. Ok so you plan to organize this gigantic event being held wherever on the 21st yes? So lets say it all went according to plan every1 showed up and what not but then the first hour swings by then another then another then another. What makes you think the 21st is when they will suddenly come down to this mob of 100,00 citezens and be like whats up we were just waiting for yall do this. Sounds to outrageos and no to mention if no aliens showed up you bet your ass thered be a number of disgruntled watchers. And if they did show up id expect mega violence panic and a freaking stampede outa there. Even though most people say there up for aliens i doubt they have any idea what there getting themselves into.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I like the OP's idea and I mean no offense but found this link earlier today that I found entertaining.

I liked it because the webmaster at least organized this fictional "festival" in a coherent manner which I would think would be useful at least for anyone who has to create a webpage for some kind of a festival for a special day or event .. that's, er... already over. lol

www.happyworker.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Palasheea

I got a kick out of looking at the link you provided. I wonder what kind of turnout they had for this "free" festival?

It must not have been too large of a crowd since it didn't make it to the news! I guess nobody got abducted!

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by blackshine

I have to ask if you have in fact investigated UFOs and Alien Encounters? There are a number of groups out there who show up at Roswell and other places trying to have a UFO ~ Extraterrestrial Meet and Greet; problem we are more like lab rats and/or food to many and the others consider us a dangerous species.

Frankly, if we are all still here and life is close to normal in 2012, which I doubt, instead of what you are envisioning the following is just as likely to happen, since many species actually consider us a mutant species infesting the planet:

youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan
reply to post by Palasheea

I got a kick out of looking at the link you provided. I wonder what kind of turnout they had for this "free" festival?

It must not have been too large of a crowd since it didn't make it to the news! I guess nobody got abducted!

Lol, I think the festival itself got abducted. Probably popped up in another dimension outside of our own... or somewhere in the past or the future but definitely not on the date they planned it for....

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Gee, I better keep my calender open in 2012! So much is gonna happen if we are to believe all the theories:

1. Return of Planet X (or Nibiru)
  2. Wormwood (see above perhaps)
  3. Galactic Alignment
  4. Pole Shift
  5. Alien Meet & Greets
  6. Oh, and the Olympic Games (how did I ever forget that one)!

How about this one.. Life will go on as normal and many people here at the ATS Forum will suddenly disappear and rejoin under new and interesting names!

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

How about this one.. Life will go on as normal and many people here at the ATS Forum will suddenly disappear and rejoin under new and interesting names!

InfaRedMan, you're a genius!

What a truly unique and inventive idea! We'll keep a raincheck on that one fer sure!

It's only 4 years away and this should allow us ample enough time for each of us to come up with a NEW ATS moniker!

Can't wait!!

So please add a new 2012 "activity" to your list that will tentatively be called for now "Hey! Aren't You ...??" :ATS 2012 Jubilee Platinum Edition

Oh! What fun!!

It's like TOTALLY original!

[edit on 27-3-2008 by Palasheea]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Moving back slightly to the OP, it is a great idea, but there have been some other gatherings before, with no 'guests of honour' bothering to show up.

In what way will blackshine's attempt be different?

That is also assuming that aliens are actually visiting us in the first place

Get Aerosmith to perform and I might join

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masisoar
Something tells me that the original poster is rather ridiculously full of B.S. and shouldn't be listened to as it is a sorry (and very sad attempt) to garner some type of attention.

Thanks for your comment but WOW that was rather harsh.
I was expecting doubts and criticism but didn't think that I would be personally attacked by such statements. I was trying to be as objective as possible so no harm feelings please

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackshine
invite our extraterrestrial friends

Why do you think they are 'friends'??? I certainly don't.
Kidnappings and painful experiements - not to mention messing
with memories - those are NOT the actions of 'friends'.

[edit on 3/27/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by blackshine
invite our extraterrestrial friends

Why do you think they are 'friends'??? I certainly don't.
Kidnappings and painful experiements - not to mention messing
with memories - those are NOT the actions of 'friends'.
[edit on 3/27/2008 by FlyersFan]

I'm sure there's more than just one species around us.
I was aiming towards those who accept a friendly invite, thus being friendly themselves.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Thank you all for your comments, and yes, I've taken all your thoughts into account. With an event this size there are many big risks that have to be taken but as with any other event there will be police and ambulance support, strict rules that have been tried and tested on events like the Live Aid Festivals and the Soccer Cup in Germany. As some of you might know, these were massive events which were very calm and peaceful.

Yes, this is no guarantee that things will not get out of hand but we are aware of that, yet the long planning ahead.

There will be entertainment, it's not just a gathering of people looking to the sky. There will be a stage, an introductory speech of the team, we'll invite various infamous people who have contributed a very amount to the ufo community, I hope there will be representatives of the Mufon Network and so forth...

The main "attraction" (if you want to call it that way) will be (and we are still working this out) some sort of flashlight/beam on a large scare aimed towards the sky. Think of a signal that should be visible if tracked.

We will make clear that you cannot expect someone to really land, that chance is very small yet not impossible, you never know unless you try.
That should be common sense, I don't see why this would result in a mass
histeria or panic, that's stuff for the movies. This event should attract people from all around the world who go there specifically because they share the same thoughts and motives and are somewhat innerly prepared for things to eventually happen.

E.g. if you expect someone to die very soon you won't be very surprised as opposed to if it would nail you in the head when suddenly happening...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join