It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Outsourcing Passport Manufacturing!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

U.S. Outsourcing Passport Manufacturing!

www.washingtontimes.com

The United States has outsourced the manufacturing of its electronic passports to overseas companies — including one in Thailand that was victimized by Chinese espionage — raising concerns that cost savings are being put ahead of national security, an investigation by The Washington Times has found.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
LMAO.

Is it just me, or does anyone else see how incredibly stupid and careless this is? Talk about handing our security on a silver platter to foreign nations! And yet these bozo's are pushing for us to have chipped out ID's and have all this surveillance on us! While handing over the ID manufacturing to overseas companies! lol!

www.washingtontimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Is it just me, or does anyone else see how incredibly stupid and careless this is? ...

I find this hard to believe that it is happening. It makes me think that our own government doesn't want it's citizens to have these jobs or something is sinister about all this and we are not to be in the know.

Fox in the hen house.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Successive US administrations have shown little care for the working class citizen of the US. It is not suprise, that the corprate captalist state that is America, would outsource something such as this without a second thought. Capital and the preservation of it, have always been the motivating factor, why would this be any different?

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I wonder if the accessing of Hillary Clinton and John McCain's passport records were done by a couple of these foreign contractors. Wouldn't that be the icing on the cake!

[edit on 3/26/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Reading your post made me think about the Veterans Affairs breach back in 2006 when a laptop was stolen from Unisys, a subcontractor that provides software support to VA Medical Centers in the Pittsburgh and Philadelphia area.

Unisys recently won a contract with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency.

Source

Unisys Corp. has won a task order worth as much as $62.2 million over five years from the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency to deploy readers and other technologies to support the use of radio frequency identification tags on new identification cards at the U.S. borders.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Looptards. I will order mine from Singapore if you want quality you gotta shop with the quality manufacturers.

Why should I buy a cheap Thai or Chinese imitation When I can get a chip that will last? Probably better paper too.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
When are people going to wake up? The whole idea of a passport is a joke! Did any of the 9/11 terrorist not have a passport? Lets not be a bunch of idiots. The passport and the homeland rejects can't do a damn thing about anything because they will just knock them off when they need them. The only difference is it will cost 4K instead of $250 for a good one.

We need to stop wasting money on crap like this so people can feel good about their focus groups and put the money into tracking down the core terrorists. Not a jumbo database of everyone that 'could be' a real f**N spreadsheet with the 12000 or so extremists on it. Not garbage systems that collect anything and everything and do no good at all.

We can't trust them with international policy unless we need Dick Cheney to shoot someone in the face after we liquor him up. We can't trust them to run the country and economy. We can't trust them to protect us from manufacturers and drug companies because they all take kickbacks from them.

Now we can't trust them to follow simple instructions like develop a passport chip system that we manufacture and have sole rights to, that keeps our borders safe. We could have let our kids do this without having it mucked up.

Idiots! dammit I could have done this on a Saturday in my spare time and got it right.

Gee why is everyone so angry at the Bush administration? Look around.

top topics

join