It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams, a look into the future?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Has anyone else ever had a dream which turned out to actually be a glimpse into the future. Like you had this dream which seemed like just a dream but then some time later you witnessed what happened in your dream.

Ive had this happen to me a couple times, I've seen an event in a dream or part of an event and then maybe a year later I saw it in real life. It's like "woah, I had a dream about that exact moment." The thing is when I have the dream I dont know its something which is going to happen, as far as I know its just a meaningless image or dreamlike event.

This just really makes me wonder as to how much of our "freewill" is really freewill at all. What if we all have preprogrammed choices which we think are free will?

freaky...

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainMooPoo
Has anyone else ever had a dream which turned out to actually be a glimpse into the future. Like you had this dream which seemed like just a dream but then some time later you witnessed what happened in your dream.

Ive had this happen to me a couple times, I've seen an event in a dream or part of an event and then maybe a year later I saw it in real life. It's like "woah, I had a dream about that exact moment." The thing is when I have the dream I dont know its something which is going to happen, as far as I know its just a meaningless image or dreamlike event.

This just really makes me wonder as to how much of our "freewill" is really freewill at all. What if we all have preprogrammed choices which we think are free will?

freaky...

I had a nightmare once where I saw your avatar, and then I come to ATS and 'lo and behold! I think I screamed for an hour the first time I saw your avatar...

That scar on his forehead... maybe it's Harry Potter who's been collecting Michael Jackson tapes?

[Edited on 22-2-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I have had the same experiences but I wouldnt say that it means we dont have free will I just think it has something to do with our subconscious ability to predict things. Also Acid May Influence this. The good blue oyster cult stuff.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
I have had the same experiences but I wouldnt say that it means we dont have free will I just think it has something to do with our subconscious ability to predict things. Also Acid May Influence this. The good blue oyster cult stuff.

Your mind has information about absolutely everything that exists deep in its subconscience. Sometimes you accidentally tap into that... and predicting a future is done through probabilities, and any far off predictions cannot really be accurately done unless there's some form of manipulation of events to suit the prediction.

Hmmm who do you think wrote the Bible and its prophecies, God? Who do you think manipulates this world from behind the scenes, God? You give God way too much credit there guys

[Edited on 22-2-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Many, many times I will have "glimpses of the future" when dreaming or meditating, and to the guy who keeps suggesting use of acid in every thread he's posted in, no, I'm not under the influence of acid or anything else. It's one of those things that all people do, just that some people do it more frequently. Everyone else will blame it on a short circuit between short term and long term memory.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I've had this kind of stuff happen to me too, real freaky. I sometimes get dreams that later happen for real, it doesn't happen later in the year in my case, for me it's more like the next day or a few days later. Sometimes it's events but most of the time it's conversations I dream about and then the same conversation happens during the day with the other person replying exactly the same way as in the dream, I can sort of predict what they will say next for parts of the conversation. Sometimes it's a dream that I remember and I think about it during the following day and then to my suprise it ends up happening but other times I don't even think about it but then I only remember dreaming about it after it happens.(Deja vu)

Feels really strange when it happens

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Well Ive never done acid, but this is really weird ass stuff, like two times which really stick out involved me seeing something id never seen before.

Example 1. About 4 years or so ago I had a dream which looked like some sort of club and there was this weird chick dancing and a glass spiral staircase in the center of the room. Then when I came to college I met this one guy and he's really into this conspiracy stuff too and i used to watch him play a computer game called Deus Ex in his dorm with the lights off. There is a part in this game where you go into this night club called "The Lucky Money" which is a strip club. Everything was identical to my dream, the appearance of the girl, the music, even the staircase.

Example 2. Bout 3 years ago or so I had a dream where I was playing Super Smash Bros. Melee with several of my friends in one of the newer dorms. The weirdest part about this one is that I had the dream a year before the game was even released.

Each time I have these dreams I only remember about 5 seconds of them. It's kinda freaky but kinda cool. Personally I dont believe in clairvoyance and all that sort of psychic stuff. But as for this I dont know what to think expect I hope it happens more often cus its kinda fun when it does....if only I could know when its a future event...

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
You can play around with subnural CD's that will help train your brain for astral projections.

new topics

top topics

join