It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a coverup ...cannabis as anti-cancer drug?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I was looking through old threads and found that there have been a few threads talking about the use of cannabis as an anti-cancer drug. Unfortunately they have all been removed from ATS or am i just not looking in the right places? Can someone point me to the current thread(s) on the topic or at least explain why they are no longer available to view.

Please axplain why this is not a topic has been removed from ATS.

I am not a cannabis user and avoid taking any drugs legal or not as i don't agree that they are necessary for most common ills. However i find it intruiging that cannabis that is a naturally grown drug used for thousands of years by various indigenous peoples have never been explored for it's healing and pain releaving properties.

....worse drugs are prescribed by doctors without even blinking on a daily basis.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Do we have to bring up the whole cannabis issue again?

*Groan*

I'm not trying to be rude but it's been explained a few times why these threads are removed. Fair or not, they are being removed and this one may well be too.

'Family' reasons aside, the threads inevitably turn into drug-pushing propaganda and wild claims, claims such as the anti-cancer stuff, that are more of an excuse for people to advocate drug use than a real issue to be discussed.

There's enough of an undercurrent of substance use and/or abuse on this board as it is, must we bring it to the surface... *Sigh*.

[edit on 26/3/08 by Duality]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I don't know if it's a cover-up because you're not even allowed to explore that theory.

If we can at least discuss the idea openly, then maybe we can get more theories going.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
EDIT TO ADD : in respnse to DUALITY's post

Apologies - i don't think your sighing helps but thanx for the heads up none the less.

I was just wondering I'm a fairly new member to ATS and genuinely wondered what was going on with this. i don't mind my post being removed it was just a question. isn't that what ATS is for?

A suggestion for ATS admin/moderators - when you remove threads like the once i'm enquiring about - maybe there should be some explanation about why it has been removed added to the link error pages. That would stop new members like me double posting on subjects that you have dissallowed

[edit on 26/3/2008 by IAmD1]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
aww man don't sweat it.
Like you said, you are new and still grasping the ropes.
We love when people ask questions, really.
If interested, I can link you to some cool tidbits that really help getting settled.
welcome to ats

edit to add link---enjoy

freshman section

[edit on 26/3/08 by shadow watcher]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Any discussion of illegal activity is against the T&C of the site. The various legal uses for hemp and cannabis are discussions that we allow but, since we seem to always have a few members who see these subjects as an opportunity to discuss the illegal use of cannabis, we move the threads to RATS in anticipation of this and, in the event the illegal acitivity is discussed, the thread gets closed.

The thread you are referring to was being handled properly by the members, save for one pot smoking reference which the members rejected maturely. That said, the thread was moved to RATS and it is still active so feel free to discuss it:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

this thread is now closed.

join