It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOIA: UFO Indoctrination Itinerary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
UFOIndoctrinationForDIRepresen tatives.pdf
UFO Indoctrination for D/I Representatives
An Itinerary for a 2 day meeting regarding the investigation and discussion of UFO's

Document date: 1957-02-18
Department: USAF UFO Unit
Author: Captain George T Gregory
Document type: Itinerary
pages: 2

Archivist's Notes: This is an itinerary for a two day meeting to be attended what the people I presume would be investigating UFO reports and dealing with enquiries on the issue.

It is easy to read and shows the full timetable of events to be discussed.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
dated 18th Feb 1957 (covering the 19th also) this document is a programme hosted by Maj. Byrne and Mr Sanderson about UFO indoctrination for D/I representatives.

page 1

0900-0930 scientific advisor Mr Arcier welcomes conference

0930-1030 2-part briefing covering history, background, problems and then approaches to reporting, investigation and analysis of UFO channels and procedures

1030-0120 details typical types of UFO reports and what categories they belong. also covers what type of checks to run and areas to investigate for alternative explanations

page 2

1200-1245 lunch break

1300-1400 covers examples of correspondence and replies and how to categorize them

1410-1500 covers UFO societies and experts.

1500-1600 time for discussion of topics covered

Tuesday 19th

1900-1030 demonstration of an analysis and what to check for

1030-1230 details survey and use of UFO files

1230-1330 break for lunch

1330-1600 open discussion period.

signed by George T Gregory, Capt. USAF UFO Unit

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
As already stated, this document is an itinerary for a two day indoctrination of personal to work under Captain George T. Gregory, who was the officer in charge of Project Blue Book from 1956 to 1958. The agenda covers various aspects of investigating UFOs, from filling out reports to handling questions from the public. This included public criticism of the Air Force's investigation of UFOs as well as active UFO groups and experts. This certainly would have been a busy schedule to cover so much material.

Related FOIA Document:
FOIA: Project Blue Book documentation index and project summary

Wikipedia Article:
Project Blue Book: The Captain Gregory era

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Fasinating! Is there any chance that we have the FOIA Documents from this 2 day event? I would love to read the transcripts from this meeting.

top topics

join