It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At what age did aliens become a reality to you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I mean this in the sence at what point did you realize or start to believe in aliens or think that they are real.

I myself have always believed in aliens experiencing it form a young age and becoming exposed to it since the day i was born. I was never religous in any way shape or form my entire life and have had id even say thousands of dreams that have to do with aliens, ufos, etc.

Does the age and time from when you were exposed change your view on the matter, i mean look at 50 years ago when even mentioning aliens would probably get you shut in a nut house...and now youve got people even making stuff up about them to get attention o.0.

I doubt folks way back in the day were ever taught about them from childhood xD

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Oh and by the way im 17 years old...hehe shoulda mentioned that

Sorry about small post.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Over the years I've swung from a firm believer to a very skeptic, skeptic.

I would say around 1962-1963 (age 8 - 9) I became a person that had a since of something else was "out there". Shows such as the Twilight Show and Outer Limits had more than several episodes that had extraterrestrials in them. Movies from the 50's had touched on the flying saucers so it was natural to carry over to TV. Popular sci-fi books of that period also had aliens.

The culture of the time expected a meeting to happen in space. Remember, space adventure was new to everyone. The local newspaper even had a daily listing of satellite times that satellites were visible for viewing.

In my personal experience, I saw the first of three "things" I just can't explain away. The Russians had two capsules flying in a staggered formation on several orbits. I thought I was watching them at 4:00ish in the morning, problem was, as they were going overhead, both executed 90 degree turns at the same time and dramatically changed their course and speed. Not possible with that current technology and I knew that. What I saw, I just don't know. I know I didn't see Russians.

I am now a firm skeptic even given what I have seen.

Hope this answers your question and prompts more responses.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I don't know to be honest. From a very young age i threw up the Jesus was an alien theory to my RE teacher,for which i got a detention (I dropped re at 14,so I was about 12 i suppose when I first came out and said it) I saw a the typical triangle shaped craft when I was about 16-17,and from then on I just knew. Something inside me tells me that there is life everywhere. Our space is crawling with life,it just opperates in different spaces/dimensions or something. That's why most of us can't see it. (IMO) Maybe it's an age thong,and I'll "grow out of it" or turn skeptic like hinky,I'm 30 now,so I guess time will tell.

There has to be life out there,plenty of it too. If you look at how much life we have on this planet,and in how many inhospitable conditions. It's just inconceivable for me to think that we're the only planet with life on. There's countless billions of stars on our universe alone,and there's countless billions of universes. So that's countless billions of possibilities for life,squared. Stars are coming tothe end of their lives now,and have been for millions of years,which means they were millions of years old to start with. If those stars had planets round them (and they probably did) and if those planets,or at least 1 or 2 of them had life on,then there could be many civilisations so advanced and so old(they jumped their planet long before their suns blew) That they've long ago overcome the problems in space travel,and basicly pwn the universes at their leasure. I've kind of gone off on a ramble here,sorry. (pub lunch)

basicly,I don;t know when I started to believe in aliens,but i still do now.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Five years a go, when I first time see a UFO at June 2003.

After that I have noticed UFO one time more, because I get very interested from night sky.

I said before to my self that I believe when I see one. After that I have just asking my self, not anymore "if", but "why?"

Trying to get answers also from here. They really are there, but why?

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Good question

As a kid I was always interested in Sci-fi, UFO's and Aliens, etc. Loved Star Trek - the series and most other "space" movies.

I always thought about other "life forms" being out there in space and would try to picture what they'd look like.

I saw something when I was about 7 or 8, a red glowing light floating through the sky and then "landing" behind some trees. From that point on, I thought that I "knew" aliens were real.

Now that I'm older, I just don't know, there are so many possibilities, theories, etc. Who knows what to believe?

I'd like to think that there is someone out there and that they're not hostile and someday they make themselves known to us or that we seek them out and make ourselves known to them.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
im yet to find any real proof but i do believe and i started to believe maybe about 4 years ago after watching the movie ET strangely enough

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
i was always interested by sci-fi when i was a kid, living dinosaur, monster, ufo etc... but when i was 6 or 7 there was the belgium ufo wave, the first craft i saw was the same one that is know to everyone, triangle shape with 3 white light and one red light in the middle, except that in my child memory there was 4 white light and one red in the middle, few weeks later, we were going in "green class" with the school, we were 2 kid by room, and one night my roommate and i saw a lot of strange things, first there a was a craft(don't remember the shape and if there was unusual light) who fly over the area every 5 minutes(maybe less but not more) it was always the same path, came from the back and then pass over the building and heading forward and always on the same "line", it could be have been a plane on his way to airport but there no big airport around there, if there is one, it should a small one and there is nothing to explain this activity. But does an airforce base could explain it?

I wasn't sure if it was a ufo but i saw another craft(light ball) on the horizon that was first immobile then it landed then take off then land then take off and this a lot of time, i felt asleep while looking at it!

In the morning i look at my friend who look to be kind of shocked, he told me that he didn't sleep from the night because he saw one of these craft starting to make red circle in the sky speeder and speeder and then vanished, i'm sure there is something other that happen this night but he never tell me, it's like if he want to say something but he couldn't, maybe he saw me being abducted( but i have no memory of being in their craft, that sux!) or maybe it is him that was, i don't know but it was very a strange night!

My brother have also had sighting, one in paris, lot of people saw a big huge craft flying slowly over paris( around 300meters in lenght), one in green class too, but not in the same place as mine, him and his friends saw a big white triangle in the sky and some little light ball come in from a side and out from another. i wasn't there so i don't know if it is really true.

So my conclusion is that is not the age that make you believe in something, it's what happen to you that make it! frankly if i had never seen that from my own eyes i'll be very skeptic yet, mostly because of all this fake but since i saw it i know there is something, what? we don't know yet but there is something and that i'm sure!!!

new topics

top topics

join