It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could April 16th be the Day that Bush and Cheney finally pay?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   

New Hampshire legislator Betty Hall is bringing a Bush/Cheney impeachment resolution to a vote in the NH House on April 16.

After watching the 9/11 Press for Truth video I just had to look up what was being done about impeaching Bush and his cronies and found this Story I urge all Americans with an ounce of free will left on ATS to do all they can to support this movement.

[edit on 26/3/08 by CthulhuRising]

[edit on 26/3/08 by CthulhuRising]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I have a question about the 'impeachment' process.

What exactly would happen to them?

I mean, is it a 'public hearing' just to satisfy the masses? Will they go to prison? Death sentence? Public hanging captured on a crappy cell phone?

Or will they just lay low for a bit, and then make book signing tours like Clinton?

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I hope they at least serve some time in prison...

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
For those to young to remember, read up on what happened with Nixon and Agnew.

New presidents have a tendency to pardon the last crop of crooks to "save the nation from the turmoil" of a trial.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Just a thought, isn't Bush close to being out anyway? Would there really be any point in impeaching him at such a stage of his 'reign'.

Not that I wouldn't absolutely love to see him out impeached, it's just a thought though. Courts or boards reviewing this move might just see it as a waste of time and taxpayer money since the election is in progress right now anyway.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuRising

I urge all Americans with an ounce of free will left on ATS to do all they can to support this movement

I believe that possession of an ounce or more is considered a felony these days. I don't want to get in trouble so I keep my free will at misdemeanor levels.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Duality

Is duration something that should be considered when examining a betrayal of your oaths of office?

If someone is ALMOST gone, should they be able to skate by for murder?

If the statute of limitations is ALMOST up for theft, should the state not prosecute?

If someone ALMOST killed someone, should they be considered guilt free because the person didn't die?

I see a lot of people asking "What's the use of impeachment?" who often forget that America was founded upon certain ideals, and sending a Symbolic message that even if you are CLOSE to out of office, you must still pay for what you've done would ring loud that some of our ideals have not, in fact, eroded into dung.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I totally agree with you and as I mentioned I'd personally love to see him impeached.

The issue for me is what I hinted at in my post, that courts, the public, the media or whoever else will run the exact line of "What's the point?". What's the point of wasting time and money on this? Let him go! That sorta thing.

It's not my own opinion and I don't support it, but I could see it being reality easily enough.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
The main problem here is that the people responsible for carrying out the impeachment proceedings are just as dirty, complicit and corrupt as the people they would be responsible for impeaching.

It isn't going to happen. The corruption is too deep.

The only people who care, no longer have the power to do anything about it.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Interesting note: not one mention of Bill Clinton's impeachment.

Put aside your political beliefs and lay out what the charges would be and what the evidence might be. I'm not baiting you into some sort of 9-11 conspiracy charge of back and forth.....I just want to read your ideas on how you would like to see that play out.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
A impeachment means that they won't recieve president benefits. Also allow them to be taken to court. But it have to be proving that the President was miss using the goverment for their own gains.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SlightlyAbovePar

There's at least 935 reasons for impeachment; lets begin with those:

...the Bush administration led the nation to war on the basis of erroneous information that it methodically propagated and that culminated in military action against Iraq on March 19, 2003. Not surprisingly, the officials with the most opportunities to make speeches, grant media interviews, and otherwise frame the public debate also made the most false statements, according to this first-ever analysis of the entire body of prewar rhetoric.

President Bush, for example, made 232 false statements about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and another 28 false statements about Iraq's links to Al Qaeda. Secretary of State Powell had the second-highest total in the two-year period, with 244 false statements about weapons of mass destruction in Iraq and 10 about Iraq's links to Al Qaeda. Rumsfeld and Fleischer each made 109 false statements, followed by Wolfowitz (with 85), Rice (with 56), Cheney (with 48), and McClellan (with 14).

The massive database at the heart of this project juxtaposes what President Bush and these seven top officials were saying for public consumption against what was known, or should have been known, on a day-to-day basis. This fully searchable database includes the public statements, drawn from both primary sources (such as official transcripts) and secondary sources (chiefly major news organizations) over the two years beginning on September 11, 2001. It also interlaces relevant information from more than 25 government reports, books, articles, speeches, and interviews.
The Center for Public Integrity | The War Card | Orchestrated Deception on the Path to War

And then we can proceed to what they've pulled since then in the last five years.

And then we can go back to what they did - and/or didn't do - leading up to Black Tuesday.

And lets not stop there; lets take down all the robber barons and international bankers while we're at it.

Should the human race mobilize in one direction, no force in hell, heaven or earth could ever stop us.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This is just a meaningless resolution that holds absolutely no weight. They have no jurisdiction to enforce it. They know this. It's nothing more than a feel-good measure, an attempt to create an illusion that they are actually doing something. And they know people will buy it, forgetting for a moment that there are more important things to be dealt with than meaingless resolutions.

And before any of the idiots can start whining, this is not a pro or con statement about Bush/Cheney.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Okay, okay =)

Seriously, no attempt to bait you into a fight, truly.

I want to stay out of anything relating to my personal beliefs because I would be seen as a "derailer" and this isn't my thread. I may not agree with some opinions expressed here but that doesn't mean we are enemies.

I am interested in your opinions and beliefs and that's an honest position, not a trick.

[edit on 26-3-2008 by SlightlyAbovePar]

top topics

join