It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Singapore grounds a second A380

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
BBC

Singapore Airlines has grounded a second Airbus A380 super-jumbo because of a fuel pump problem.

The carrier said the move delayed passengers bound for Sydney on Monday who had to switch to smaller planes.

Just teething problems or something to keep an eye on? the "premature failure" of a fuel pump this early into the aircrafts lifespan must surely be a little worrying?

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
It's a brave airline to take a new aircraft type, because the early production aircraft always throw up unsuspected problems.

Eventually such problems do get ironed out.

Yes I'd call it teething, but not reassuring either.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
This airplane has had teething problems from the start, as im sure all do, its a little worrying that it seems to have happened to two at the same time, but they rely on this kind of thing in testing im confused as to why this was not detected during that stage of development.

Would this have caused major problems during flight ? or do they have a lot of redundancy built into this system? i always said to my wife that i will wait for several million other people to fly on it first to get all the kinks out and it seems i was right.

Going to watch and see what develops.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
interesting its the fuel pumps - been quite a few issues with fuel pumps on many aircraft recently; i would suspect they are being more vigilant since the BA trip 7 came down with fuel issues.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
interesting its the fuel pumps - been quite a few issues with fuel pumps on many aircraft recently; i would suspect they are being more vigilant since the BA trip 7 came down with fuel issues.

Same supplier for the pumps (A380 and 777)? It is pretty early for a fuel pump to have failed, but it does happen.

top topics

join