It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gen Petraeus: Iran 'behind Green Zone attack'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Iran 'behind Green Zone

news.bbc.co.uk

The most senior US general in Iraq has said he has evidence that Iran was behind Sunday's bombardment of Baghdad's heavily fortified Green Zone.

Gen David Petraeus told the BBC he thought Tehran had trained, equipped and funded insurgents who fired the barrage of mortars and rockets.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-3-2008 by arclore]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Sorry if this is a duplicate post.

Could this be a false-flag precursor? or just part of the proxy-war that is already taking place?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-3-2008 by arclore]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Imo its a part of the ongoing proxy war, anyone crazy enough to believe in Gen. David Petraeus homebrewed evidence should get their head examined right away.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
The ramp up to the attack on Iran continues on schedule. Gen. Betray-us is as much a propaganda mouthpiece as he is a field commander. Can there be any doubt that the USA will attack Iran before Bush hit’s the road? The only question in my mind is how much Russia-China will put up with.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   

anyone crazy enough to believe in Gen. David Petraeus homebrewed evidence should get their head examined right away.

I've often stated my opposition to the occupation of Iraq, but it does not necessarily follow that Patreus is homebrewing evidence.

Iran's Parchin Missile Industries have been producing a number of unique weapons systems which are turning up in Iraq in large numbers.

weapons like the tandem HEAT RPG-7 rocket grenade, the Sageh anti personnel fragmenting warhead RPG-7 and the Nafez 500mm penetration anti tank RPG-7.

It is possible to identify the manufacturer of various warheads by forensic evaluation.

You say people need their heads examined for believing Patreus...

You would have to have your head in the sand not to realise that Iran is behind the latest uprising by the Maadhi Army.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

Or just think about the question 'who is to gain?' in this one. The only country that is to gain with an attack on the green zone that is easily tracked to weapons made by Iran is the US. I wouldn't put it beyond them that they got their hands on a batch of Iranian weapons and created the opportunity to shoot them inside the greenzone. The only thing Iran has to do is keep to their own business and they are doing that. Iran isn't stupid and they know that the position they are in is a fragile one. They already do more damage to the US by stopping to trade in Dollars, just like Iraq was planning before they got bombed into oblivion.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. We got fooled once. Let us not get spoonfed stories again by an entity that fed us crap before, first smell if it is not the final stage of a bowelmovement.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
The BBC seems to have a veiled opinion on the matter. Here is the last paragraph of the report:

Days earlier, Mr Bush marked the fifth anniversary of the invasion, saying that it had made the world a better place.

"And if you believe that..."

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Is this anything like when Iraq had "weapons of mass destruction?!"

Are we truly to believe everything they put out there? I mean really!

new topics

top topics

join