It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My pick for worst film of all time!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The Star Wars movie with that annoying CGI character with dreadlocks.

Also because of those characters with the Chinese accent that spoke by simply flopping their long snouts.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakEasyOne
1972 The Thing With Two Heads:

Man, I was going to say Cloverfield due to the "shaky camerawork" and dreadful Hud who carried the camera around but that is ridiculous. :shk:

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
My least favorite movies of all time?

In no particular order: Crash, Hotel Rwanda, Schindler's List, and History of Violence - I watched each movie once and could not be paid to watch any of them again

[edit on 4/24/2008 by Unforgiven]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
No one has mentioned " Dumb and Dumber"? Don't tell me that y'all think that was good?

Roper

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The most over-rated movie of all time in my opinon is BORAT. The more people praised that crapfest and raved about it, the more I hated it. The movie itself was of course, ridiculously stupid... but that idiot who starred in it was so indescribably obnoxious that I was literally hoping he'd somehow die or get killed by the end of the movie... which was the only reason I could even stand to finish watching it.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roper

No one has mentioned " Dumb and Dumber"? Don't tell me that y'all think that was good?

Roper

Not only was it good, it's the best Comedy in the entire history of comedies. Nothing else even comes close. If you don't at least think it's in the all-time top 5 then your sense of humor is off by about five dozen light years.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Bachelor

I can't believe someone liked that movie. A six year old maybe. No one mature and no one who is a critical thinker.

Five dozen light years off! HA, I'm one of the funniest people around. and looks don't count.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Lets see. In no particular order some of worst movies I've seen:

The Grudge 2

The Hills Have Eyes II

The Wicker Man - the remake that came out a couple years ago.

Revolt of the Zombies

Rocky V

Batman & Robin

Paycheck

Darkness

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Pledge this

It some movie wit Paris Hilton. There is absolutely no point to the thing and its just another excuse for her to have sex lol.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Raising Arizona

Like being put under anaesthetic by an incompetent anaesthetist. At no time did any person in the movie audience laugh. Not once. Not one single even beginning of a laugh.

Battlefield Earth: A Saga of the Year 3000

Scientology with hair extensions. Even though I didn't watch it all, after about three minutes I felt as if I had.

Edit to add: I forgot Borat: the most forgettable rubbish I've ever seen.

[edit on 28-4-2008 by undermind]

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by funky monk

Speaking of Paris Hilton, that reminds me of "The Hottie and the Nottie." In its opening weekend the movie was shown in 111 theaters and grossed an average of $249 per theater. :shk:

The Hottie And The Nottie is a 2008 romantic comedy film starring Paris Hilton, Joel David Moore, and Christine Lakin. It was written by Heidi Ferrer (Dawson's Creek), and is the first full-length feature film directed by Tom Putnam. The film started shooting in January 2007 and debuted on February 8, 2008. Its box office opening was $9000 on opening day. The film grossed only $27,696 on its opening weekend, with each theater averaging $249. [color=786cd2]Wikipedia - The Hottie and the Nottie.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
The worst movie, in my opinion, that had a lot of buzz around it at the video store that I worked at a few years ago was Open Water.. I wish I could hit the rewind button on my life and get the time I wasted waiting for the amazement that was supposed to be that movie!!

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Hmm...

Cloverfield. Dark, Dark, blinding light from helicopter, retard Hud, dark, dark, finally see the monster. I mean for a good hour it looks like the military is attacking for no reason cause you never see the monster.

Attack of the Killer Condom. German anti gay film pretty much.

Meet the Spartans. Ok, I admit some of it made me laugh, the blatant commercials for Bud and gatorade but I liked 300 so Meet the Spartans was a let down.

Scary Movie 3-4. First one hilarious, second good, next two sucked, sorry.

Zombie Nation. Moves slower then cold molasses. The ending sucked.

But for those of you bashing Dumb and Dumber, that was one of the funniest movies of all time! Just so stupid it was funny. Some movies are just stupid, but this one was so stupid it was funny!

And Bridge to Teribitha, of course the child dies, it is part of the book and a moving moment for the other child.

Ok, not most hated movie? Pan's Labrynth.(Spelling?) Sorry, don't know Mexican and I don't feel like staring at tiny writing the whole time. A woman I was with at the time wanted to see it so I rented it. Of course I didn't plan on watching it but... Since she didnt know mexican either she read the subtitles the whole time.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Some of my most disliked

300 - after ten mins and a few scenes of violence it was too much got bored
Dead or Alive - 2 mins 30 seconds had it turned off
True Lies - dont ask
Charlies Angels (both) terrible on so many levels
The kingdom - more american propaganda
America Pie - all of them
Bachelor Party - shocking
Smokey and the bandit 3
Robocop 3
Scanner Darkly
Pulp Fiction - ITS CRAP ACCEPT IT!!!!

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
The worst movie I have ever watched... hummmm... I could give you two.

Cave : It was god damn awful! i was half asleep when it finished... -11/10. Stupid plot - stupid monster - why go down there in the first place!!!

Dracular 3000 : what a waste of my time... I didn't even want to see it but got given it by one of the people in the pub...
i dont think he likes me. Stupid stupid stupid.

Turned out the main lady was a pleasure robot... and after being all kick arse she turned into batting eyelashes and "well helloooo"

waste of my time.. but hey hooo it happens. I just cant believe they spend so much money on... well crap.

Oni x x

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
The worst movie I have ever seen was Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.
Big tomatoes rolling around killing people….LOL

peace

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I had a bit of a think about this and decided to go with Speed 2 that was an awful movie that killed the franchise they should have at least gotten a second sequel out of that lot . An honorary mention goes to Pearl Harbour and Alexander. The film Alexander was horrible miscast IMO.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
My personal worst is The Conqueror (1956) mainly due to the casting. Imagine if you will Ghengis Khan .... wait for it..... played by John Wayne!!

I own it on DVD now. I sorta collect BAD Movies.

A real close second that a friend of mine owns is The Return Of Captain Invincible. (1983) . Imagine if you will a movie about a superhero. One who has lost faith. It's a musical. (shudder)

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I'm not sure what to make of this movie by Crispen Glover. I wouldn't call it the worst of all time since I have not seen it, but I will call it by far the strangest.

Here is the link to the official website where are available trailers to watch. Be advised that the trailers contain brief nudity. As much as I can interpret, it does not violate section 1b of the Terms and Conditions, but if it does please remove the link and accept my apology.

What Is It? is a bewildering, unnerving, surreal, blackly comic film from the visionary mind of Crispin Glover that tells the inner and outer struggles of a young man facing villains and demons on multiple planes. IMDb

What Is It? is the name of a 2005 experimental film written, starring, funded and directed by Crispin Glover. It is described by IMDB as "The adventures of a young man whose principle[sic] interests are snails, salt, a pipe, and how to get home. As tormented by an hubristic, racist inner psyche." Wikipedia - What Is It?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I'm surprised I've not seen Doomsday mentioned

unbelievably UNBELIEVABLY bad movie

I particularly love how the road up to Glasgow is a nightmare scenario of burnt out cars and dead bodies etc, yet the road out of Glasgow, looks strangely like a gorgeous semi-arid californian landscape (although i think its actually filmed in SA)

utter junk

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join