It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosives near Capitol go undetected for weeks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Explosives near Capitol go undetected for weeks

www.cnn.com

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Authorities revealed Tuesday that a man carrying a loaded shotgun was arrested in January near the U.S. Capitol, and explosives left in his truck nearby went undetected for three weeks. ...Now U.S. Capitol Police are investigating how their bomb squad missed the bomb....
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I too would like to know how they missed this bomb!!!!

They checked it all out and didn't see any bomb only for them to find one 3 weeks later when they came back with a search warrent!!!!

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Yes and 3.5 ounces of shampoo is more dangerous than 3 ounces of shampoo on an airplane...They can detect a weapon of mass fragrance and aloe vera. Hey if you're not a terrorist then you have nothing to worry about..We're looking for people with beards and dry flaky scalps. So keep shaven and moisturize and there won't be a problem...

Hey what's that? Looks like a bomb!

Oh no that's just a cd player..We never get bombs here...

Grab him he's got a shampoo bottle with color guard!!!

[edit on 26-3-2008 by projectvxn]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Yeah I know exactly what you are talking about. Weird.

Terrance Gainer, the Senate sergeant-at-arms, told The Washington Post the device in Gorbey's truck, which was parked about two blocks from the Capitol, "could have caused serious injuries," if detonated

link

What is going on here? Are they trying to get us hurt?

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I don't think these guys are trying to be stupid. I just think they have all the wrong priorities, in all the wrong orders. Thank the DHS for that.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Whats really going on is more "conditioning". If the police didn't have to wait three weeks to get a search warrant then they would have found the "bomb" that same day and no one would be at risk. This is just planting the seeds for what is to come. You have to crawl before you run.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
Whats really going on is more "conditioning". If the police didn't have to wait three weeks to get a search warrant then they would have found the "bomb" that same day and no one would be at risk. This is just planting the seeds for what is to come. You have to crawl before you run.

You are absolutely correct. And I have to be honest that was my first gut feeling on this kind of stuff...It always is..But there is always that side of me that says "Maybe it was just a fluke. And honest accident." I really do try to give the benefit of the doubt as often as I possibly count...But as I look back on the events that led to this, and the subsequent action of the government, and it's various branches, I have come to realize that the control network is far more subtle than what I'd like to think...And I just can't wrap my head around it...Could it really be as simple as control? Could it really only be driven by greed? Is there no shred of logic that drives what these people do?

I always come up empty when I ask myself these questions...And that always feels like a deep cut. Like something just flashed out of existence for me, something I needed. Something I used to call freedom.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Shar

I went to post this article a little while ago, but my ATS search found:

Man With Weapons, Explosives Arrested near Supreme Court; Bomb Squad Called

I read that thread and I then turned skeptic on the same article i found (and you linked to) as it said the vehicle was not found for weeks. The original thread is only 24hours old, it was a breaking story and they talk about the bomb vehicle towards the end of the that linked thread.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I dont know how is the police training in US...

In my police training the rule of engagement nr 1:

Its easy, its 1+1

"You get the suspect, be ready for another. You find something, try find something other." Everything, always goes with rule 1+1.

And This rule saves many lifes.

In my eyes they just forget the basic rules. They get the "man", and start heading for earned donuts...

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Honestly, the level of incompetency related to national security in the past year is astonishing. If it's not on purpose, the results are the same.
Just what we know of: Missing nukes, incorrectly delivered missile triggers and now this incident at the capitol. Add to it the never-ending horror stories of torture and abuse coming out of Iraq and I would say that the inmates are definitely running the asylum.

Do we have some sort of mental fatigue as a result of the constant state of alert and relentless war?

People wake up! This administration does not care about its constitutional duties, only their psychotic, war-mongering, rights-crushing agenda. Prime example: failing to secure the southern border.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
If you believe that a) they had to wait for a search warrant or b) it took three weeks to find the bomb then you/we should just take what they give us.

They had probable cause to search the vehicle. I would venture to say that the truck was dismantled within hours of it's seizure. Heck, a traffic cop doesn't need a search warrant to search your vehicle if there's probable cause. The Capitol Police had probable cause and they searched the vehicle.

If there was a bomb in the truck, they would have found it immediately.

They either found it immediately and waited to see how they could prosecute this guy under the "Patriot Act" or they planted it to see how they could prosecute this guy under the "Patriot Act." Either way this guy will be one of the first "domestic terrorists" that's going to go away for a long time.

I'm not saying that the guy should go unpunished, just that I don't believe that the explosives charges are valid, as reported.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
kelbtalfenek,

I agree. That's why I posted this. I too felt something is fishy here. 3 weeks is a long time to not find something this bad. Makes me wonder if they put them there to go off themselves at a later date but someone else found them who was not part of this plot, or they just wanted them to go off!!!

I feel there are some who wants to hurt us.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Future Bush speech:

"Police forces defending our nation from agents of evil terror recently uncovered a terror plot to instill terror in the American people using evil terrorism. This evil terrorist plot went undetected for three terrifying weeks of evil. We must prevent this evil terrorist threat from harming our country. Because the forces of good had to wait for a warrant, our great nation was almost terrorized by this evil terrorism. This is proof that warrants are evil. My new Patriot Act 3 is a necessary measure of peace and goodness that is required to stop the evil terrorists from conducting their evil terrorism. Under this new law, we will no longer have to wait for evil terrorist warrants to be issued. Our forces of good will only be victorious over the terrorist threat if we don't have to wait for the evil warrants. From this day forward, we will no longer use evil warrants when searching for the terrorist threat. God bless the good truthful America, the land of Jesus under God."

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Congressman Says Capitol Police 'Screwed Up' Handling Truck Containing Bomb.

The top Republican on the House panel that oversees the security of the Capitol says "there was obviously a screw up" in how U.S. Capitol Police handled the impoundment of a truck later found to contain a crude explosive device.....

The truck was towed and stored at the Government Printing Office garage, located just a few blocks from the Capitol and the bustling Union Station......

"You just can't say it was a screw-up and move on," Lungren said. "Someone has to be held accountable."

I agree with this statement!!! This was such a very dangerous situation, someone does need to be held accountable." However, I would think it should be the first people who checked it and said it was fine.

www.foxnews.com...

forgot to add link.

[edit on 27-3-2008 by Shar]

top topics

join