It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poverty does indeed have a cure

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by eradown
reply to post by bobafett1972

I happen to like satire. Satire if it is good involves frustrating problems for which there are no easy solutions. The root of satire is usually something malicious. I'm sorry you have mistaken me for a book burner.

Tomato, nuclear warhead?
Nah, I was just having some fun, no offense intended.
I do not think anyone on this board could be put in to that catagory.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Well, if it were up to me, I'd say...

Something a bit heavier perhaps?

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Anyone still hungry? Anyone...anyone? Bueller...Bueller?

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
Perhaps I chose the wrong time of day to post, so I will try now to bring this back to the forefront of attention this once.

Regardless of your opinions, please don't forget to flag, lest such considerations be made unnoticed.

You don't actually believe what was written in that blatant satire was meant to be taken as truth?

This is a very well studied satire; most high school Literature classes will have gone over it. The only thing that should be taken seriously from that piece is the exact opposite what was written.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Unless you put this in context of some current event, this shouldn't have been posted on these boards. Look, this might be appropriate for BelowTopSecret. Whatever reaction you were trying to induce from the members of this board is best left for the petty and frivolous dialogue found on that other board.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join