It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billions For Iraq War Squeezing Food Aid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Billions For Iraq War Squeezing Food Aid

www.reuters.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The cost of the Iraq war is squeezing funding for U.S. global food aid programs and threatens to exacerbate hunger just as soaring prices are hitting the world's poor, former U.S. presidential contender George McGovern said on Tuesday.

McGovern, a special envoy for the U.N. food aid agency, is pressing U.S. lawmakers to guarantee funds for child nutrition programs that are part of an agriculture bill making its way through Congress.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Silly McGovern! You should know where priorities are with this admin...It's certainly NOT on FEEDING people...It's on KILLING people. lol. There's no PROFIT in it for them and their Corp / M.I.C. pupeteers.

And hey, pretty soon, WE HERE are going to be in need of food assistance with the way things are sky-rocketing in price as well...But I won't hold my breath to that. Gotta keep those wars going!

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
This is just wonderful...I think they made a report on this a few years ago too. I can't remember who first reported the story, but Iraq HAS BEEN costing world humanitarian aid missions billions of dollars since the very beginning of the war. Many people in America and the rest of the world have suffered over this policy since the start.

Couple that with the dumbest policy of war time politics...Cutting taxes in the middle of one war while starting another. And then doing it again, and then allowing companies to ship the most important jobs overseas, or investing in foreign scientists, while under-educating our population at home. This has been a common thread woven into the heart of America for a long time. A few have tried to reverse it, and a few have failed or been shot.

All this culminates to one thing.... This country is # ed and we're taking the world with us...Just for the benefit of a few. How underdeveloped is that...We truly are being ruled by a bunch of retarded criminals...It's insane! The hardest part of all to swallow is that most people could care less, and many more each day just tune it out. They may actually win.

join