It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here It Comes: 'Brain Fingerprinting - A New Paragrim'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Fingerprinting, RFID Tags, GPS, Retina Scans, and I am sure to be forgeting some, all to be a thing of the past?
Hey as long as you can read someones mind.

RENSE

(Note - Read this very carefully and 'imagine the possibilities...' We are now at the doorstep of 'thought crime' and facing possible conviction and prison for simply having READ something that those in control do not approve of. -ed)

There is a new technology, that for the first time, allows us to measure scientifically if specific information is stored in a person's brain. Brain Fingerprinting� technology determines the presence or absence of specific information, such as terrorist training and associations. This exciting new technology can address the following critical elements in the fight against terrorism:

* Aid in determining who has participated in terrorist acts, directly or indirectly.
* Aid in identifying trained terrorists with the potential to commit future terrorist acts, even if they are in a "sleeper" cell and have not been active for years.
* Help to identify people who have knowledge or training in banking, finance or communications and who are associated with terrorist teams and acts.
* Help to determine if an individual is in a leadership role within a terrorist organization.

Next thing you know they will implant a camera somewhere on us, and see everything we do.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   
It's not fingerprinting exactly.

What it does do is accurately tell if a person's brain recognizes a picture or name. It is very hard to fake.

It is much more reliable than polygraphs.

As an investigative tool, it is extremely powerful. If they can catch some mo-fo who's trying to nuke Washington, I'm for it.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
but i wouldn't want it on everyone, just suspects, I definately wouldnt want to have something like that in me, even if i was a good citizen because i like to get up to mischeif sumtimes. neway wif no terrorism the world will be so dull and boring!

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I posted on this topic a couple days ago- and there wasn't much intetrest in that thread.
I think it is different for sure- check out the link I provided to Brain Fingerprinting Home.
I thought it was news, especially concerning the recent court decision.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh yeah Steibers Unknown Country did a story on this subject- after it was originally posted here. It was here first!

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Spooky sh(t and it should be outlawed. Those in authority have made so many laws that most of us break some everyday (at least with the gas pedal) . Talk about complete control of the population.

Unless they're going to brain fingerprint everyone & make all the information available to all of us it should be illegal. That would be the only way to have even ground.

Here's an Idea. We should force anyone running for public office to make their brain fingerprint available for all to see in order to decide if their trustworthy. Actually lets just include all public employees.

I havn't really read enough to know how it works, but I wonder how they tell the difference between what your going to do & what you saw at the movies or actually did.

Sounds too much like "Minority Report" to me.

[Edited on 23-2-2004 by outsider]

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Bumping this to add a report that the inventor of the system shares some of the concerns over it's usage in the wrong hands:

www.sundayherald.com...

�We assume that the people asking the questions are going to be noble and working for something that is good , but of course that is not always going to be the case,� Dr Jennifer Vendemia told the Sunday Herald.

�I stand to gain a great deal from it personally when it is completed, but I am very mindful of the uses it could be put to,� she said. �I have tried several times to get ethical investigations going into what we are doing here without success.�

�In the US particularly the suspect has the right to remain silent � this technology obviously changes that.�

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   
are there any other sources of information on this?

new topics

top topics

join