It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Cross Just Another Lie? (Revised)

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixProphet
reply to post by decievedperception

Thank you for your thoughts and your conviction!

I was surprised to see that someone pulled this out of my "put to rest" threads! Thank you for reviving it.

Hehe, very welcome.
Didn't know the thread was dead. I started reading and I've been learning lots and wanted to add what I've learned to be true.
I really like this topic a lot and I appreciate your thanking me and backing up my statement above...I hope this will still keep going.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Didn't know the thread was dead. I started reading and I've been learning lots and wanted to add what I've learned to be true.
I really like this topic a lot and I appreciate your thanking me and backing up my statement above...I hope this will still keep going.

Well thank you for opening it up again! It is funny here on ATS. Often you will see a thread come up that is a few years old! We all can go to anyone's profile to find interesting threads and open them up. I do it also.

I recognize how important it is for people to keep cherished beliefs. I did so also, until they no longer worked for me.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by MatrixProphet]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
No problem, like i said i think it should keep going and should be read.
I've never been on this site before this, but its keeping me busy tonight...any topics of religious beliefs where I think i can put in some great insight, im going to. To draw close to God is to learn and teach his word, his true word.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

Hi Matrix/

It went against Jewish law to pass a death sentence of crucifixion.

Why did it go against Jewish Law?
If you answer this question, then you will know and understand why it was cursed and considered the most horrible way to go!
You will also understand why they SOUGHT out to kill Him.

The Jewish Encyclopedia states under “Crucifixion” - “Among the modes of Capital Punishment known to the Jewish penal law, crucifixion is not found; the “hanging” of criminals “on a tree” mentioned in Deuteronomy 21:22, was resorted to in New testament times only after lapidating (stoning)."

Now, Why does it say TREE?
Do you know the meaning behind TREE?
The Tree is the knowledge of life... ''his body shall not remain all night upon the tree, but ye shall by all means bury it in that day; for every one that is hanged on a tree is cursed of God; and ye shall by no means defile the land which the Lord thy God gives thee for an inheritance.''Deuto 17)
Cursed by God?
That meaning was because of the falling away from God!
Adam and Eve eating of the Tree....so it became cursed.
Who was that,that could save mankind from the Curse of DEATH?
Jesus Christ!
So this is why He is called second Adam!
The Cross of Christ pre-figured the TREE...

what is The Cross

In Christian tradition, the tree of life has often been represented as the cross, and the cross as the tree of life.
In the church where we shall gather to worship on Sunday there is in the apse a beautiful mosaic of the transfiguration,
with the mountain depicted as a Paradise place: the trees, the plants, the flowers and the birds.
In the centre,
representing Christ,
is the cross, in the place of the tree of life.
The transfiguration offers a glimpse of the Paradise state to which we are returning.

Margeret Baker~Paradise LOST~

ICXN
helen

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

If you appreciated this thread you may enjoy this other one: Was Judas the Traitor a Good Guy While Paul was the Bad?

I apologize in advance if it disturbs you, but hopefully at least it will show where I am coming from. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by helen670

Much of what you are saying I have fully discussed in the thread - including using the exact same references you have. So I don't feel the necessity of repeating it. Thank you for your post!

Marion and others will most likely love to continue this with you.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixProphet

If you appreciated this thread you may enjoy this other one: Was Judas the Traitor a Good Guy While Paul was the Bad?

I apologize in advance if it disturbs you, but hopefully at least it will show where I am coming from. Thanks!

hmm interesting, though something i havnt yet thought about...id have to look into the subject a little more myself to be able to comment it.
I commented just now 3 posts on the topic of Hell here
www.abovetopsecret.com...
with the first post and the other 2 on the next page cause they wouldnt let me edit my other posts..only if interested...sure you have your own views though of course, could be the same. thanks

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

The link you gave me was back to this thread. Make sure and send me the right link and I will check it out.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
MatrixProphet
I'm so glad I found this...I was considering attempting a similar thread, and then held back as I felt I couldn't hold my own on this topic, and searched a little deaper, and here the work was done.
Cheers!

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join