It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will we have a military draft in the USA? Will we have Iran war?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I know for a fact if the US invades Iran, we will have a draft.

I talked to a few people today and, according to their opinions, we MAY have a draft, that it MAY be sold under the guise of national defense and nationalism, but we probably will NOT have Iran War.

He said that Iran War will destroy both the US and Iran, and that the last thing Bush wants is to destroy the US. So, he thinks it's just MSM talk.

But I know that destroying the US and Iran war are Bilderberg agendas. However, Bilderberg is constantly postponing declaring that war, because of possible problems, like negative public reaction.

(Source: ENDGAME 1.5 bonus footage)

So, in your opinion, will we have Iran War? Conscription?

It's part of the Agenda, but there are problems with those actions.

What do you think?
So, do you

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
God I hope the draft is not reinstated.

Could you even imagine having to share a fox hole with your friendly neighborhood pacifist - America hatin' - terrorist sympathyzer?

Our troops deserve better than that.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   

and that the last thing Bush wants is to destroy the US.

All evidence to the contrary.....

I don't know if Bush will be able to start a war with Iran before he is out of office. I know Cheney is still out there trying his hardest, but I just think they will run out of time. If McCain takes office, I think it will open the door for a continued possibility of war with them, but as of now I am thinking the war won't happen.

The only candidate that is openly supporting the never ending war is McCain, not to say that Obama or Clinton aren't going to fall in line if they take office, but McCain is up front about it. So, if we can ( which I know we can't) believe what the politicians say, I think the only real chance of a draft would be if McCain takes office. So it looks like it will be a close call.

However, right now I just think McCain is too similar to Bush to win a real election. He did hire Rove though, so look for the mud to start flying and smear campaigns to be kicked into overdrive. We will see if the American public is willing to fall for it again.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I hope there is a draft. A draft would be a very good thing.

I'll let you folks chew over that for a bit, while I await the knee-jerk reactions.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by thetruth777

I talked to a few people today and, according to their opinions, we MAY have a draft, that it MAY be sold under the guise of national defense and nationalism, but we probably will NOT have Iran War.

With who you talked? With soldiers, economy, or just with ordinary friends?

It really makes a difference.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Regular friends. They are aware of Bush lying, don't like where we're heading, are semi-aware of 9/11, but do NOT know all the kinks of the NWO/secret societies.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by thetruth777
Regular friends. They...are semi-aware of 9/11...

What? Where they living in a cave on 9/11/01?

I didn't notice this before...

I know for a fact if the US invades Iran, we will have a draft.

How do you know this "for a fact?" What evidence do you have?

[edit on 26-3-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by thetruth777

Yep. I really place my friends with same type category... Semi-911 was funny!

Lets just put friends like this:

1st degree: Tubesters - Official Hollywood sheeps
2nd degree: Hysterizers - Believe everything, mainly propaganda
3rd degree: Followers - Believe something, but only to it
4th degree: Semipros - Have understanding, but dont believe them self
5th degree: Awares - Open minded, interested from all sides
6th degree: Thinkers - Search, listen, understand, and have own ideas

Or do we need more degrees of friendship? (
)

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
1st degree: Tubesters - Official Hollywood sheeps
2nd degree: Hysterizers - Believe everything, mainly propaganda
3rd degree: Followers - Believe something, but only to it
4th degree: Semipros - Have understanding, but dont believe them self
5th degree: Awares - Open minded, interested from all sides
6th degree: Thinkers - Search, listen, understand, and have own ideas

In other words:

1st degree: Don't agree with me, idiots.
2nd degree: Dismiss the propaganda I believe in. Still idiots.
3rd degree: Believe me a little bit, still idiots though.
4th degree: Listen to my rants, but ask me really hard questions.
5th degree: Listen to my rants; agree sometimes, or at least pretend to.
6th degree: Completely agree with me, and are as every bit as arrogant as I am! We could be each other's echos!

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

HAH, HAH!!!

Its where you put your self! I admire you if you right away see yourself as 6th degree friend...

I rank many friends above my self...

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
Its where you put your self! I admire you if you right away see yourself as 6th degree friend...

I put myself in the 7th category: The Amazing God.

I am sure that most people here see me as 1st degree, though.

However, we are getting dangerously off topic. Back to the draft...

I want to know how the OP knows "for a fact" there will be a draft if we invade Iran? I, for one, am all for a draft. I think it would be very good for the country.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

I want to know how the OP knows "for a fact" there will be a draft if we invade Iran? I, for one, am all for a draft. I think it would be very good for the country.

OHHHHH boy.

Here's one who listens to Big Brother too much!

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I'm also interested in how the OP knows for a fact that there will be a draft.

I'd also like to know how a war with Iran would destroy both Iran and the US. Will the US invite some Iranians over to wage war on US soil? Has Iran got new missiles with the required range to cause problems over on CONUS? Or does he mean "destroy" in an economic or social sense.

I don't see an war with Iran happening any time soon, as there would be no public support for one. Also it would be a bit senseless to engage troops in another war, while there are still problems with Iraq and Afghanistan. For all the might of the US armed forces, they would find it difficult to fight 3 wars on 3 fronts simultaneously. There may be enough troops to go around, but its all down to logistics and costs.

The only way I could see a war starting would be if Iran did something seriously stupid, like set off a nuke on US soil, or even Israel. However, the mad mullahs that control the country prefer to stay in power, and not be vaporised by the retaliatory bucket of sunshine they'd receive. Having said that, if that did happen I doubt the US would be going into Iran on their own.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Well, if a draft were instituted, I imagine that many more people would seriously be asking themselves why we're going to, or are at war, with anyone. It brings the war itself much farther into the regular Joe's home. Think about it. How many more would be concerned with any war's legitimacy or legality if they themselves may be involuntarily sent to fight (and/or die)?

More people asking more questions, but the answers remain the same. By this logic, it seems that instituting a draft would be one of the biggest mistakes the government could make, at least in terms of public support. IMO, it would instantly broaden the scope of the "Truth Movement" well beyond the events of September 11, 2001.

Hmm, another side effect of a draft, would likely be the membership base at ATS multiplying by a factor of 10, overnight!

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

Remember how they sold 9/11?

THE PUBLIC BOUGHT THE OFFICIAL EXPLANATION!!!

Don't you think they can likewise sell the need for a draft?

Adolf Bush: "We are losing the war. The only way to win the war and protect our nation from the grave danger the terrorists pose is instituting a draft. If we don't institute a draft, we run a grave threat to homeland security. You are either with us, or with the terrorists. Opposers military draft are proxy terrorists. This nation is in grave danger, and only a draft will protect us."

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Here's one who listens to Big Brother too much!

There's the knee-jerk reaction I was looking for!

However, someone else here is right on the money...

Originally posted by Unit541
Well, if a draft were instituted, I imagine that many more people would seriously be asking themselves why we're going to, or are at war, with anyone. It brings the war itself much farther into the regular Joe's home. Think about it. How many more would be concerned with any war's legitimacy or legality if they themselves may be involuntarily sent to fight (and/or die)?

Bingo.

One of the reasons Nixon wanted to get rid of the draft was because he knew that the peace-protesters weren't so much worried about peace, but rather about going off to war. The end of the draft helped deflate the anti-war movement.

With a standing, professional military, it is a lot easier for our leaders to send our country to war. There is no effect on society, outside of that small professional soldier class. If there was a draft, the affects of war would be much broader on society. People would be more ready to question our leaders on the war, and thus make it harder for them to wage war. Instead, we now have our Commanders-in-Chief (be they Bush or Clinton before him) seemingly sending our military on adventures at a whim, in what may be a subversion of our Constitution.

A huge standing military, as we have now, is a drain on national resources as well. Money that could be well spent elsewhere, or as I am no fan of most social programs, it could stay in the hands of the tax-payers in the first place.

I would advocate a much smaller US military, built around a core force that could be rapidly deployed in case of emergency. I would also advocate a return to the draft; every able-bodied male and female between the ages of 18 and 30 would be put through basic training, and each STATE would be responsible for the training. After that, you are given you basic weapon and uniform, and everybody is responsible for the upkeep of their equipment, until such time it is needed. In case of a crisis that required numbers outside of the core military, those who have been through basic training could be called up.

Of course, this is just a rough sketch. There are a vast number of other details that would have to be worked out. Nor is what I am saying an indictment of those serving in the US military as it stands.

Your knee-jerk reaction aside, Truth, how do you "know for a fact" the draft will be reinstated? You still haven't answered that question.

[edit on 26-3-2008 by SaviorComplex]

new topics

top topics

join