It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Cusses Up A Storm

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Excerpts from his audio book reveals this man sure can cuss.

Granted, his book was written years ago but why would he get behind a microphone and record his abridged audio book just a few years after already having been elected to the Senate.

obamaaudio.mp3 - 1.78MB

Download clip

I know some people are not phased whatsoever by swearing, but other people are.

Wait till this makes it to YouTube.

Just wondering if this will affect him in any way and if so, will it help or hinder Obama?

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Sounds more to me like someone piecing together various clips and quips... similar to the one of Bush's State of the Union address parody.

$.02

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm sure it's pieced together but you have to admit, there is no denying the cuss words (be-e-e-e-ep).

Careful, he and others might get offended if anyone called his book a parody.

Probably best to compare against the actual writings of the book.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Yeah, let's not focus on real issues.
Let's worry about naughty words.

That wasn't directed to the OP or anything, I'm just tired of non-issues becoming issues.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

At least he's not like our bumbling idiot prez Bush... killing up a storm.

Remember the story... Sticks & Stones.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

After 20 years of indoctrination by Reverend Wright, is it really any surprise?

Thanks for the link ALX, I almost didn't see it.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
If true it might actually help him. People like to see their leaders as human:

In Canada, showing the middle finger is sometimes called the "Trudeau salute" (or "Salmon Arm salute") after Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau was alleged to have given the finger to protesters in Salmon Arm, British Columbia. Popular mythology holds that there is a photo of this incident, but none exists. He had also used the gesture in the Canadian House of Commons.

Yet he kept getting elected.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
One more reason to vote for him...he's a kindred spirit. I earned a girl scout merit badge in theraputic cursing. It works. It quite often keeps me from drop-kickin' idiots.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Level X

I know what you are getting at but you are missing the point. Sure he wrote the book years ago about a time when he was a teen, so I can understand all the cussing and stuff. But to get in front of a microphone years later and utter those cuss word as a US Senator says something, just can't put my finger on it.

There was a time when cussing was really looked down upon. When Clark Gable said the words "I don't give a damn" back in the late 30's, people were shocked. I know what one generation tolerates, the next will accept as the norm.

I've heard other clips and I honestly hear plenty of sincerity in Obama's word and I know he will gain more followers as a result but I also know others will be turned away by his swearing.

"United we stood, divided we are falling!"
For some reason I find myself telling myself this more and more each day.

Just sad how the moral decline of this country continues.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

It makes me laugh that people still associate cursing with moral turpitude. Is faith so tenuous that we dare not raise our voices for fear we will be cast down? Shallow.

It's always the ultra-religious and dogmatic types that seem to walk so uprightly in public and judge others harshly and yet are so devious and questionable in private.

Words are just air. Why should they bother or offend? Action on the other hand can hurt. Judge someone by their actions, public and private.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
If true it might actually help him. People like to see their leaders as human:

In Canada, showing the middle finger is sometimes called the "Trudeau salute"...

I also think this will help more than hinder him, but at the same time does this say something about our society in general?

I guess I've been desensitized as well because his cussing doesn't really bother me, just like that video of Guvna Dubya flippin the bird didn't bother me a few years back. But I do seem to remember many Libs suddenly acquiring morals over night when that video made the rounds.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Its time to cut the crappie here.

This poor excuse for a wolf in sheeps clothing is a Muslim. He was sworn into office on the Koran.

He embodies evil and can't hide it.

They will be known by what is inside them.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

It's always the ultra-religious and dogmatic types that seem to walk so uprightly in public and judge others harshly and yet are so devious and questionable in private.
I'm not ultra-religious or very dogmatic about anything, but I still find the use of foul language offensive. It demonstrates a lack of social etiquette and respect for others.

Words are just air. Why should they bother or offend? Action on the other hand can hurt. Judge someone by their actions, public and private.
Speaking is an action, and the words that you choose to convey your message tell a great deal about your character and your frame of mind. I guess I'm just old-fashioned though..

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

I agree that words are just words but words can still offend and words can still get you in trouble.
There was a time when if you said the wrong thing and offended your fellow man, your fellow man had every right to challenge you to a duel.

Ques: Would it be OK for a small child of yours to cuss like a drunken sailor?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I found the links that contain the audio clips in context.

Obama was cussing but he was merely paraphrasing what his best friend Ray had said in their teenage years.

It's from a radio talk show from earlier this week.

Clip 1

Clip 2

I think Obama will gain more followers than he will lose after listening to these clips.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
Its time to cut the crappie here.
This poor excuse for a wolf in sheeps clothing is a Muslim. He was sworn into office on the Koran.
He embodies evil and can't hide it.
They will be known by what is inside them.

No, he's not Muslim. He goes to a Christian church every Sunday and he wasn't raised in any particular faith. He was sworn in on his own Bible, not the Koran. You can find that disinfo debunked right here:

www.politifact.com...

Obama sworn in on his Bible

"An anonymous e-mail says Barack Obama took the oath of office for the U.S. Senate on a Koran, the holy book of Islam. We thought it would be odd if that were true, since Obama is a Christian. In fact, it is wrong.

The e-mail also spells the book's name "Kuran," though usually it is spelled Koran or Quran.

Two press reports from Obama's swearing-in ceremony in January 2005 mention specifically that Obama took the oath of office by placing his hand on his own copy of the Bible. The Barack Obama campaign also confirmed that it was a Bible and that the book belonged to Obama. Vice President Dick Cheney, in his role as president of the Senate, administered the oath.

After being raised outside of any particular faith tradition, Obama became a Christian in his mid 20s and is a member of Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago. (Obama gave what are arguably his most extended remarks on his faith at the "Call to Renewal" religious conference in 2006; read the speech here.)"

The Muslim disinfo is just pure propaganda, spun out of whole cloth. And anyway even IF he were Moslem, what difference does that make? Not all Moslems are terrorists...

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by HeadFirstForHalos
Yeah, let's not focus on real issues.
Let's worry about naughty words.

That wasn't directed to the OP or anything, I'm just tired of non-issues becoming issues.

I would have to agree with you on this one... I'm sure there is a lot more to that audio than what is presented.. Taking a small excerpt out of context doesn't really do much for me...

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Personally I have no problem with swear words or people using them. I just think that we use curse words when we dont have anything more powerful or intelligent to say to emphasize our point.
I used to swear a lot, but then I realised, I only swear when I dont know what to put in there that better explains my view, and so I figured, no one really knows what these swear words are supposed to mean when I use them in everyday conversation, plus I think it shows a lack of discipline on my part to use swear words after realizing how empty they are.

But being a senator, you should know there is a good percentage of people out there who are negatively affected by people swearing, or that it might come back to bite you in the butt.

Im just some 25 yr old who you would probably see as some punk or delinquent; and even I dont swear anymore for the sake of the humans around me that may be offended; and for the sake of better conveying my points in person.

what a man does and what a man says are two completely different horses, but what he says can shed a great deal on how he rides.

[edit on 3/27/2008 by psychedeliack]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by forestlady

I guess the youtube clip I saw was bogus. In the clip they show him use a Koran, and state is was borrowed from the DC Masonic lodge.

Can't trust those clips I suppose.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
reply to post by forestlady

I guess the youtube clip I saw was bogus. In the clip they show him use a Koran, and state is was borrowed from the DC Masonic lodge.

Can't trust those clips I suppose.

Oh dear God.
I just had a vision of that very thing, Obama being sworn in by non other than Jeremiah Wright.

here is a bird's eye view of the very locale

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join