It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq how has it changed your family.......a tribute

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
All of us on ATS talk about the war and what it means to our country. I want to take the time to talk about how it has changed our lives....Has this war taken someone close to you?

Let me start. my cousin Nick was 19 years old and one of the greatest kids ever....here is what happened:

Trained on anti-tank and multipurpose assault weapons, Anderson was manning a machine gun in the turret of a Humvee when it rolled over. Attempts to resuscitate him failed....

Date Of Passing
Friday, November 12, 2004

I hope his soul can rest......anyone else have a story? We owe it to our family...to our soliders. Thanks for any response.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by Jeff Riff]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
One way we have been affected: My wife's cousin who was her closest friend growing up, was on his 3rd tour (away from his wife and 3 kids), when his convoy was hit by an IED. He is now mostly deaf and has permanent brain damage.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing your story.. surely there must be other members on ATS that have personal stories.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I'm Canadian, so I don't personally know anyone who has fought in Iraq, but I'm sure there must be a ton of people on ATS who know someone who died there.

You might want to remember, though, that that kind of thing is really personal, and not everyone might feel comfortable posting it here, especially if it is a recent event.

new topics

top topics

join