It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's a CONS Piracy!!! Alien/UFO vs Real World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Ok, let's put it this way. As the last few years have shown, there is a trend
that unproven, unsubstanciated and complete fabrications ahve proven more popular for people to beleive, or to be interested in than real, actual "conspiracies".

Why is this, what is it that appeals to you UFOers, with no actual proof who go on faith (much like religious followers), that your hopes are real,
compared to actual with proof from the horses mouth government level conspiracy?

Is it the idea that one has no hope, in as that they cannot change anything so why bother, or is it more of a fantasy, wishfull thinking for a more exiteing life?

I honestly wonder, because I see such threads where UFO and Aliens are more important and conversant, than say things that are supported by government channels, where events and proven true. Such as MKULTRA and Operation Northwoods.

For all intensive purposes, why is this, why?

I have but only one conclusion:

Three strange things in the world:
loving war more than peace,
loving excess more than sufficiency, and
loving falsehood more than truth

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

People who believe in "UFOs" and "aliens" have been shunned for some time now. Only recently has believing in life outside of this planet become somewhat acceptable. It would be tough to deny extra-terrestrial life when there's billions of galaxies in our universe.

My belief lies in personal experience. I don't have to listen to others tell me how they saw some alien and couldn't get a picture of it, or how the government covers up UFO encounters.

I've seen with my own two eyes multiple UFOs and extra-terrestrials (I guess it depends on how you define that, could have been extra-dimensional).

I have proof, but only for my own self. I cannot show someone else what I've seen, only share my experience.

Is that proof enough? Or am I delusional and psychotic?

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Yes, Advisor, the answer is yes.

It's too much work to change anything. To just fantasize, it is much easier.
Besides people usually change when everything has gone pretty bad, since it's already obvious that they need to change, and not before.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
My contention is that most hardcore 'believers' are also 'experiencers'.

You cannot deny that which you see with your own eyes. I have been fortunate/unfortunate enough to have had two very close encounters in my lifetime. On one of these occasions, a close friend was present and we both lost about four hours of time.

I naturally feel compelled to find out more about the subject. What really intrigues me, however, is the internet UFO debunker/skeptic genre. If believers are so pathetic, then why waste time with denying their claims? Isn't that akin to frequenting forums for pokemon worshippers just to point out their misguided shortcomings?

Life is abundant throught the universe, and it seems to me that many skeptics have yet to find one of their own.

[edit on 3/26/08 by HaveSeen4Myself]

new topics

top topics

join