It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunnel into Area 51

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Just a crazy idea I had, but since GPR (Ground Penetrating Radar) is only effective at a depth of 80 feet subterranean, there is a very good chance that you could tunnel inside the perimeter of A51. Of course, you would have to ensure that you came out into an area with significant cover and concealment, from which you could launch recon operations to gather intel.

Opinions on feasibility?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I'd have to think the ground sensors would pickup any tunneling efforts. ?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Not if the tunneling process was initiated far enough outside the perimeter, carefully avoiding any possibility of activating the ground sensors. Once at the appropriate depth, there would be no chance of any vibration on the surface, if the operation was conducted by hand without machinery...

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I liked another idea that i heard better which wouldn't result in your incarceration. By using remote viewing.

For some reason or another the military sure believed that it worked, and poured lots of dollars into its research and deployment.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
i think the afrea 51 place has such advanced technology that the people there could easily dedect you even if you digged 500 meters under the earth since they already have large underground cities and stuff

[edit on 26-3-2008 by Dark_Ace]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
This is most easy way to get ticket to jail without trials: FEMA camps...

Go with high sophisticated machines near US base.

Just try it and tell us after 20 yrs in prison, was there some tunnels?

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
OK first lets assume youcould get past all the detectors and camo-guys.

if you started digging your tunnel from the perimeter which is several miles away (but lets just guess at 3 for now - im sure its more!)

you need a tunnel 3 feet by 3 feet to take a grown man and camera equipment

so you need to dig a 3x3 by 3mile tunnel.
which is about 142,000 cubic feet of dirt.

which would weigh about 8000 tons!!!

now lets assume you could somehow dig all that dirt out without using a machine...lets look at how long that would take!

Using the great escape as a reference, lets say you used similar techniques, they dug a 300ft (some what shy of the almost 16000 you would need here) in about 5 months...and it was only foot wide and there was more of them digging.

Also as the earth at Area51 is mainly sand you would need to make sure the sides of the tunnel are shored up against collapse.

So other than....
the extreme distance, lack of machines, the microphones they certainly have buried, the tech we dont know about, the camo-dudes, and the vast ammount of dirt displaced.. i think its a sound idea

heh

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Not to mention the heavy machinery that would be present, and the makeup of the soil doesn't necessarily lend to being dug up

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I said it before, Ill say it again.

Hi everyone, I just feel the need to point a few things out.

First,

2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of illegal activities; specifically mind-altering drugs, computer hacking, criminal hate, sexual relations with minors, and stock scams are strictly forbidden.

Attempting to perform any of the activities suggested in this thread is a crime.

Second,

Trying to spy on a known Top Secret government facility in a time of war could be construed as an act of treason. With the total disregard the current leadership of the country has for the constitution already, do you really want to go down that road?

You will get caught if you try anything like this. They have very high--tech monitoring devices for miles and miles around the base. They can pick up rabbits hopping around out there. They are always scanning for and sure as hell can triangulate a simple radio signal to find you as your controlling your blimp/plane/RC car.

What do you hope to see? Do you think we have captured alien spacecraft sitting on the other side of certain buildings that you can't see from public land? Maybe they forgot to build a roof on the alien hybrid center and you can get a view of that.....

You're not going to be able to see anything you cant already see on Google Earth. You can get better information by researching certain sites on the web as they have done things like camp outside the gates for a month or two and some of the sites even have taped conversations between planes and the tower out there. You get the added bonus of not risking prison time too.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by Lotiki]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
yah, good thought but they do have motion sensors and radar that do detect you from miles away. Why do you think that when you stand a mile from perimeter the guards are watching you?

top topics

join