It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spy-in-the-sky drone sets sights on Miami

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Spy-in-the-sky drone sets sights on Miami

news.yahoo.com

MIAMI (Reuters) - Miami police could soon be the first in the United States to use cutting-edge, spy-in-the-sky technology to beef up their fight against crime.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
So it starts in Miami huh? I wonder if they truly are only going to use these things for SWAT situations and the like. I know these have great potential to do some good. I just worry to what extreme they will eventually be used on our home soil here in the US.
Side note---I wonder how many videos we will see of claims of UFO sightings when these start flying around. LOL

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Also reported on Reuters

[edit on 3/25/2008 by palehorse23]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Pretty interesting!

No worries about fuelling up the police helicopters; money wise. - I wonder if this will be cheaper? Then again...who's footing the bill for this baby? Probably us taxpayers eh?

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Maybe a well placed bullet from a high powered rifle would effect it.Next are the implants!!

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

It would be interesting to find out the specs on this baby. See what it can withstand. You would think they could be taken out without too much difficulty. But there has to be some kind of defense capability on these things.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I'm kind of glad this all starts in Miami. Some of those people there

need to wake up. I speak of family, of course.

Let the NWO get you first.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
This story actually came out a month ago.. Yahoo is slow catching it I guess. Covered here on ATS too....

Video: Miami police plans urban test of Honeywell's micro-UAV

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

Reuters too I guess. Maybe they just brought it out again because it will start real soon or something. Maybe people will start to question the greater motives, if any, that are behind things like this the more they are exposed to it.
thanks for including that thread. The video gives some specs and is a good watch. Actually being able to see it in action helps a great deal.

[edit on 3/25/2008 by palehorse23]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Oops. I posted this after Palehorse--Mods, plese close my thread when you have a moment.

THIS IS INSANE...Are we in the M.E. fighting a war, or in mainstream AMERICA?

Police Departments DEPLOYING SPY DRONES over our cities? What's next? 'TASER-DRONES'? lol

STARRED...FLAGGED...

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I truly feel like I should just cry!!!!!

Why? What did I do that I have to be spied on constantly!!!! I am so tired of being spied on and my every move watched. I can't even enjoy sunbathing in my backyard without the government watching!!!!!

We are not the enemy. We have been a Great Country for well over 200 years. What are they doing to us? WHY???????

top topics

join