It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I feel incredible, says pregnant man

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I feel incredible, says pregnant man

www.news.com.au

Oregon resident Thomas Beatie told the The Advocate that carrying a daughter for his wife, Nancy, and himself was an "incredible" experience.

Mr Beatie, born a woman, has had a chest reconstruction and testosterone therapy, but decided to keep his female reproductive organs.

When Nancy had to have a hysterectomy due to severe endometriosis 20 years ago, the couple started thinking about Thomas carrying their child.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

"Receptionists have laughed at us. Friends and family have been unsupportive; most of Nancy’s family doesn’t even know I’m transgender."

Mr Beatie said his identity as a male remained "constant" despite his growing stomach.

"...I am so lucky to have such a loving, supportive wife. I will be my daughter’s father, and Nancy will be her mother. We will be a family," he said.

This is just weird. There is a picture of him at the link. This person is legally a male giving birth to a child. What other ramifications will this have and i wonder whether this will impact the child psychologically in any way.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
That's mind boggling! Wow!

I read the article, and didn't see anything mentioned about 'how' he got pregnant? Invetero, but where did he/she get the sperm?

His insides are still female, or rather, reverted back to its normal state after 4 months of not taking his testosterone shots. Hmm....

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
OooooooooK.

I've gotta admit, I'm more than a bit confused. Are testosterone injections, and a dual mastectomy, all that's required to be declared "legally male"?

I've know a woman who's endured a dual mastectomy, and I've met some (who have naturally high levels of testosterone) whose 5 o'clock shadow could rival quite a few guys; I believe they'd all be offended if they were "legally declared" men.

If a man simply takes estrogen, to develop breasts, can he legally be declared a woman? What if he has natural "man-boobs"?

Sorry, I'm not looking to offend anyone here; I'm just seriously confused as to what the legal standard is when it comes to gender status. If the reproductive organs remain unchanged during gender reassignment procedures, how can it be declared a legal reassignment?

[edit on 3/25/08 by redmage]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Ha ha! I just saw this story on the news.

It's the same in all the headlines...."Man gets pregnant".

Sorry to inform you Miss, (and could someone please inform the MSM as well) but money can't buy you manhood.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaiser Sohse
money can't buy you manhood.

But one can try

Bush has been trying for almost 8 years with US taxpayers dollars

Mod Note: Please Stay on Topic– Review This Link.

[edit on 26-3-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The individual is not a man.

She is a woman who has altered her body to resemble a man.

I can't believe that anyone would be fooled by this.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Exactly, I was about to say the exact same thing. So I went ahead and starred you. But, yes this is indeed a female. Who was trying to become a man. We have them all the time now. Men trying to become women and women trying to become man.

It dosen't mean they are. It means they are trying and living that way.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
If you are a manifestation of bisexual fantasies, then you can reproduce with two organs simultaneously, correct? Or two and a half, so to speak.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
He is indeed a she, so therefore this is not a man carrying a baby but a woman that is a transgendered person carrying a baby.

However in the article it does point out Mr. Lee a man born a man that has been "impregnated via invetro fertilization"

From the above site:

In the years since the first "test tube baby" was born in 1978, physicians and scientists from RYT Hospital have been working to develop a viable technique for the successful impregnation of male individuals. Illustrated to the right is a recent radiographic image of Mr. Lee, the first human subject to attempt this procedure, which shows the healthy fetus developing in his abdominal cavity.

Why on earth some guy would actually want to do this is beyond me but here Mr. Lee is. He was born Mr. Lee and so he is the first male to become pregnant.

"Mr" Beatie however being born a female does not qualify because females have given birth sense eve. This is nothing to be excited about. However saying that I certainly hope "his" pregnancy goes well.

Mr. Lee on the other hand I worry about where the baby is going to try and come out when he is due!

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
It appears that the origional story has now changed, and they no longer make any reference to Beatie being "legally a man".

Still, does anyone know what the legal standard is, for a transgender individual, to claim the opposite sex?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by redmage

Why? You interested? Cuz I know a guy who knows a guy who is actually a girl in an ally in a city in a state who can do that for you. Half price. Quarter price if you don't mind used parts.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nyorai
Why?

Hmmmm, I thought I made it clear in my earlier post.

To sum it up a bit shorter...

I'm just seriously confused.

I've know a woman who's endured a dual mastectomy, and I know guys with "man-boobs"; I believe they'd all be quite offended to be legally declared the opposite gender.

Also, I do find it interesting that the story's been changed. They've dropped the "legal" aspect, included in the origional version, altogether.

You interested?

Nope, I'm quite satisfied with what I've got, and I wouldn't care for it to be smaller, larger, or inverted.

Cuz I know a guy who knows a guy who is actually a girl in an ally in a city in a state who can do that for you. Half price. Quarter price if you don't mind used parts.

You know him/her too!

What a small, small world it is.

[edit on 3/27/08 by redmage]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
ya.. uhh, if you are born a woman, you are a woman. No amount of makeup or surgery can change that, although you can fool plenty of people with physical appearance.

apc

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Why would any man want to get pregnant?
As if we don't get bad enough heartburn from devouring the occasional Manwich.

I feel sorry for the child. Born to two mothers who live in a land of delusion, one having severe psychological issues. If some man is able to add a leg to their chromosomes or some woman strip one off hers, I'll start calling him a her and her a him. Until then they're just nuts with mutilated... organs.

[edit on 27-3-2008 by apc]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Mr. Lee, RYT Hospital, and Dwayne Medical Center are figments of someone's imagination.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentShadow
i wonder whether this will impact the child psychologically in any way.

only when they sit down and watch Junior...

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Excellent find GradyPhilpott
Thanks for finding that for us. I don't want to put forth false information. This idea of a man being pregnant is just silly to the extreme. Pregnancy is not a fun time for a woman. Child birth CERTAINLY is nothing beautiful or magical.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I would have to disagree with you there...What!
I loved being pregnant, and childbirth is beautiful, I taped mine, and was doing my make-up 5 minutes before birth, with no drugs!

I loved it!

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Givenmay

I would have to disagree with you there...What!
I loved being pregnant, and childbirth is beautiful, I taped mine, and was doing my make-up 5 minutes before birth, with no drugs!

I loved it!

and men call women the weaker sex!

From what I saw when my son was born was nothing short of a horror movie! (and the doc said that my wife and son did great!) I was standing next to her going OMG OMG OMG
For those of you who have not witnessed this "miracle" yet, think Exorcist meets Aliens, with much more blood, gore, and ewy slimy stuff.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join