It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

You know what my Granny always told me?

If you never lie, you never have to remember everything you say....

I try and never forget that.... Bless her soul....

Semper

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Hillary Rodham Clinton.... liar? yes.
Is she a politician? I thought I just answered that.

I know I will get some flak for this, but Obama is just as bad. If you melt him down and look at him without the glitter and hoopla he is a clone of Hillary. Obama and Clinton might as well be arguing over the color of the drapes. Do not even get me started on McCain.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Now, now, Hillary "I was named after Sir Edmund Hillary even though he didn't climb Mt. Everest until I was 5 years old" Rodham Clinton didn't lie. She "mis-remembered".

Why did she do it? To beef up her resume in foreign affairs:

"I know what war is like. I dodged sniper fire in Bosnia when I was over there negotiating the peace. Top that if you can, Mr. Obama who never did anything more important than wear native garb in Kenya"

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Blaming a politician for lying, is like blaming a dog for peeing on a lamp post.

They can't help it, it's their nature

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Just wanted to post this update for everyone to see...

"New" Bosnia Video

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Now that was HILARIOUS!!!!!

Done just goofy enough to make it appropriate...

Excellent

Semper

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

You know what my Granny always told me?

If you never lie, you never have to remember everything you say....

Billary's grandmother told her that if you always lie, you never have to worry about telling the truth.

I think we should have a contest about what the BIGGEST lie is that Hillary has told.

Here is my vote:
Hillary telling the press that she had no idea that Bill was having an affair.

My second place vote:
"Vince Foster committed suicide."

And a close third:
"I will spend all of my time as president doing what is right for the hard working people of this country."

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
The question I am having difficulty with is this... Why would she lie about something as inane as this?

I don't thinkn she KNOWINGLY lied... what she said was what she belived happen.

Do you think she is just a pathological liar? Caught up in the moment or attempting to garner sympathetic votes?

I do. I think she is a pathological Liar. I have seen some in my lifes, in thier head, they are changing what they experienced, just adding small details...

She took the story of what happen at Bosnia... and made it a little more intresting over time, adding new elements to the storey... until now, where what happen does not match what she said...

So mabye she didn't lie, in a sense, because you have to know what you are lieing about to lie.

IE, if i tell my teacher that my homework flew out the window on the bus, and thats the reason i don't have it, while fully knowing i didn't do it. That is an Outright lie.

IE, if i am recounting a story from my childhood, and mistakingly say that the car was Red, but it was Blue, that is a misrememebr...

IE, if i am at a party one night, with friends, and have a few drinks, then get a ride home with my friends, but the next day, when retelling the storey of last night party, all of a sudden i have drank 20 beers, did a 1 min Keg Stand, and then went home with the Doublemint Twins... well, that is just a pathological liar...

so, i dont know where hiliay lies(:lol
... but i am posative that we will see more examples that will help our decisian...

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

The question I am having difficulty with is this... Why would she lie about something as inane as this?

I have come to the conclusion that it is simply a lack of regard for the truth.

Clinton has never shown the least bit of shame for this blatant lie. She has publicly laughed it off as just an indicator of her humanity.

I guess when your general public persona is that of a reptile, anything that will lend credibility to one's being human, even a lie is a good thing.

[edit on 2008/3/31 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Because people will have respect for her and think that she can handle the presidency if she can handle "sniper fire". She was boosting her resume, so to speak. That's how I see it, anyway.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
That's about all it was...attempting to boost her resume. Plus a disregard for the truth that is, even after all this time, rather astonishing. I think she honestly believes no one will disbelieve her, or at least won't check her stories...

Astonishingly stupid of her, really.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
That's the whole point. Why 'blatantly' lie about something so disprovable?
Madness! She obviously isn't her own woman enough not to take bad advise from her handlers. Hillary in combat. ROFL. She couldn't be a GI Jane if she shaved her head. This latest 'misspeak' of hers is the final nail in her presidential coffin.
You are absolutely right Dinnstaar, Obama is no better. And wouldn't presume to advocate him either. Nuts off the same trees and bloodlines. He can't/won't be pinned down on the big issues. It's all fluff and puff.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by jpm1602]

[edit on 2-4-2008 by jpm1602]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join