It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama a distant cousin of Bush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Source

It has emerged that Barack Obama is a tenth cousin, once removed, of the man whose job he wants - George W Bush.
They are linked by Samuel Hinkley of Cape Cod, who died in 1662.

Mr Obama is also a distant cousin of the actor Brad Pitt while Hillary Clinton is related to Mr Pitt's girlfriend, Angelina Jolie.

The ties of the US Democratic rivals were established by a respected US genealogical organisation after three years' investigation.

Poor Brad and Angelina.. I guess we all have a few skeletons in our closet if one looks deep enough..

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
isn't this like 6 degrees of seperation and if we all looked really hard we'll all somehow ended up being related somehow??

not that I care for either Obama, Clinton or Bush, but in the grand scheme things I don't think their "family ties" matter one bit.

but if you tell me Obama and Hillary were skull and bones members too, then you might peak more interest out of me. still it's fascinating non the less

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
They might be, but I'll have to look a little deeper into that.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Yup - we are all related, one way or another. There's nothing to this article apart from appealing to people who give two hoots about celebrities.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
Yup - we are all related, one way or another. There's nothing to this article apart from appealing to people who give two hoots about celebrities.

Truth.

This is nonsense.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Sorry guys! I forgot, for a post to be interesting, it has to be about something way out there in left field like: "Hillary gave birth to a Bigfoot", or "McCain is the Anti-Christ".

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Well I certainly find it rather interesting.

To the people who say, "well of course, we're all related", does that mean that you too are related to the aforementioned people too?

Although I never really bought it when I first heard it, it does seem to back up the theory that everyone who ends up being in power are intertwined and have been almost preordained.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
not that I care for either Obama, Clinton or Bush, but in the grand scheme things I don't think their "family ties" matter one bit.

Funny you should mention that.

Isn't Rumsfeld a distant uncle of Justine Bateman?

sty

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
if "Samuel Hinkley of Cape Cod, who died in 1662" would have 3 kids , and every child would have 3 children then we should see about 172,147 tenth cousins of Bush . However , in the old times people used to have more than 3 children , so the real figure could be much higher..
). This calculation is based on Samuel Hinkley alone, not to count the first cousins of the wifes along the genealogic tree!

[edit on 26-3-2008 by sty]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
We're ALL related to Adam & Eve. This is not a one line post. Nor, is it a two line post.

new topics

top topics

join