It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A ghost in the house

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Hello ATS, i need some help with a unwanted ghost in the house. Any ideas on how to help "John" find the light would be welcomed. We had things thrown at us in the house. The bed in our room shakes, which is below the attic. A figure of a man has been seen. I did find it kinda funny when my cell phone got tossed at me.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Hey there,

1, have you tried talking to it?
As this is something that can sometimes help,

How long has this been a problem?
Have you tryed to find out who he could be? House history ect..
Is it all around the house or just certain rooms?
Does it seem to go after anyone in the family more so that others?

Just a few questions to help us figure out the possible type you have.

[edit on 26-3-2008 by asala]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Yes, they have done history of the house. The attic an our room just below it and the staircase. Our bed shakes from time to time. Things have been thrown at different people in the house. We have heard footsteps in the attic. Mark has yelled at "john". He'll move his bayanet back to where it normally is if moved. From what i was told the house was built in 1900 or around there. The family before us didn't have these problems. I have had strange feelings like something was watching me. Uneasy feelings in our room. Its made it's self known to all of us an at least one of the dogs in the house.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Do you have any pictures or video documented of the phenomenon yet?

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Look for any "alternative" publications in coffee shops and spas in your area. Find a good Reiki Practitioner/Master. I am one but don't live in your neck in the woods. Reiki is the healing use of Light. It is not meant solely for healing the body of a human. I use it in my house, other's houses, places of work, everywhere. Point being, a good Reiki Practitioner can create a rift or portal of Light for your entity to walk into. Keep in mind that it is still the Entity's choice as to whether or not they choose to enter. Ideally, if you can find someone who does really good EVP captures (I do that too), you could "converse" with this Entity and get a sense of what is going on with it and when it would be appropriate to create a portal. Typically it involves the anniversary of death. That is when a typical Entity if there is such a thing, is most susceptible to this kind of suggestion. It also depends on whether or not you have a "real time" responsive haunting or it's just residual past energy "stuck" in your home. Both can be healed.

I know this may sound speculative, maybe even crazy. I won't tell you that this is the only way. It is a way. It is also a way that has worked very well for me in the past.

Cheers,

Erik

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
First some questions...

How did you come to call this spirit/ghost "John"? Is there a reason you believe this is the spirit of a man?

Can you go into more detail about the history of your house?

How long have you lived there?

How long has this been happening to your family?

Would you be willing to give us a more detailed account of the things that have happened to you in your house?

Now as far as how to get rid of this unwanted spirit...

I agree with asala. Talk to "John". It is your house and its up to you who is allowed in your house. Talk to "John" in a stern but non-threatening voice. Let him know that it is unacceptable that he throws things and shakes the bed etc...Tell "John" that he has over stayed his welcome and its time for him to move on.

Mabye even tell "John" to go in to the light, mabye tell him what it will be like if he goes into the light ( or atleast what you believe it will be like)

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I would get every corner of your house blessed. What better person to show them peace then a holyman. Contact your local church, temple, or whatever to see if you can get some advice or help. Don't trust any holyman that asks for payment of course, most of these places ask you donate which i recommend. Maybe you can get a priest to come sprinkle holy water and bless each of the rooms. I heard that burning sage and placing crystal in rooms help ward away spirits, this holds true in some new age pratices. I believe there is true to this method because in my culture, Chinese, we believe baga mirrors blessed can be placed over doorways to ward away evil spirits.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nemox42
I would get every corner of your house blessed. What better person to show them peace then a holyman. Contact your local church, temple, or whatever to see if you can get some advice or help. Don't trust any holyman that asks for payment of course, most of these places ask you donate which i recommend. Maybe you can get a priest to come sprinkle holy water and bless each of the rooms. I heard that burning sage and placing crystal in rooms help ward away spirits, this holds true in some new age pratices. I believe there is true to this method because in my culture, Chinese, we believe baga mirrors blessed can be placed over doorways to ward away evil spirits.

Now adays the church would probably be willing to bless your house, but thats about it. Most mainstream religions generally dont do any kind of exorcism any more. Having said that,If you can get a priest out to your house to bless it, I say go for it, it cant hurt.

As far as burning sage or placing crystal around the house, Ive tried that and havent had much luck with it personally. lol, when I burned the sage my house smelled a little like weed

My advice is to talk to the spirit in the way I described in my last post. Do it in a way that you feel comforatble and safe. If you dont feel comforatble doing it alone, have a close friend or family member with you. Like I said in my last post, It's your house and YOU get to choose who is allowed in it.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I've just moved in about a month or so. John was the man who built the house. He was a veteran. And died in the Holyoke Soldiers Home. I don't mind the comic miscieft. I do know its been happening for some time.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by purpleneonofdoom
I've just moved in about a month or so. John was the man who built the house. He was a veteran. And died in the Holyoke Soldiers Home. I don't mind the comic miscieft. I do know its been happening for some time.

AH, I see. very interesting. I hope you decide to try talking to john in the manner I mentioned in my two previous posts. It should help to get rid of any unwanted spirit/ghost.If you do, please let us know how it goes and what happens.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by purpleneonofdoom

Something Im kind of curious about here. You said this activity has been happening for quite some time. You just moved in about 1 month ago, and the previous owners didnt experience anything like it. Was the house unoccupied for a long time before you moved in or am I missing something?

it just seems that if you just moved in 1 month ago, yet this has been going on for a long time, the previous owners would have seen something... unless mabye the owners didnt live in the house mabye?

[edit on 28-3-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Thankyou everyone who has posted. John hasn't made himself know in some weeks now. Its a great feeling of not having things thrown at you and so on. Great advice, and whats left to do is close this thread. Thankyou again

[edit on 12-5-2008 by purpleneonofdoom]

new topics

top topics

join