It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pilot sues Boeing over F-15 crash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

ST. LOUIS - A pilot for the Missouri Air National Guard is suing Boeing Corp. over the crash of an F-15C Eagle he was flying on a training mission.

Maj. Stephen Stilwell says he suffered serious injuries when he ejected as the aircraft broke in half over southern Missouri

Thought this might happen ever since it was shown to be a manufacturing defect.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Oh for f**k.

Any chance people are gonna recognise sh!t happens and get on with life?

I swear - the best place for a lawyer is at the bottom of a f**king lake with concrete strapped to their ankles.

[edit on 25/3/08 by kilcoo316]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Another perspective from Instapinch:

Still, it seems kinda…I dunno…weird?…to sue someone for something like this. I always kinda looked it as an assumption of risk to squeeze my soft, pinkish and pasty-white bod into a jet filled with 20,000 of jet fuel and have 6 high explosive missiles strapped on and THEN hook up to a steam catapult on a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier - but I suppose that’s just me. If I were an Air Force puke, then mebbe I’d be a bit more skeptical about the steed I’d climb in to ride. I mean, anyone who has to flare to land…

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I think it's a good idea.....

Then every Iraqi could sue George Bush for the damage he's done!

How come it doesn't work that way!

The Winged Wombat

MBF

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kilcoo316

I swear - the best place for a lawyer is at the bottom of a f**king lake with concrete strapped to their ankles.

[edit on 25/3/08 by kilcoo316]

I don't know how stupid you could be for that statement. The concrete should strapped around their neck. It could be a shallow lake and we don't want to waste concrete.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I'll agree this is pretty sad since these are risks that the pilots know they take and because they take these risks they have the privilege of flying some the most high performance planes in the world.

Now Boeing still needs to be responsible to the USAF for their mistake and compensation given to the USAF should be passed down in some way to the pilot involved and if this doesn't happen.... well then its not surprising the pilot feels like he has to resort to legal action.

Sometimes its the only way American companies give the person on the end the time of day. Its the unfortunate reality of the defense business american mind set.

[edit on 27-3-2008 by Canada_EH]

new topics

top topics

join