It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clear Daytime Footage: Triangle UFO? What is it?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Ok, this footage seems way too good to be true, so I am going under the assumption that it is not. But what is it? CGI? Plane? Blimp? I would love to hear your comments. There is no information available that I can find, no location, date, time etc. so that right there is enough to make me skeptical of it, but I wanted to share it nonethless. If it is authentic, it's a good one.

Thanks for watching.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Weird. Almost looks like some kind of RC kite, if those exist. Doubtful that this is anything "alien" but to me it is unidentified until someone can provide a reasonable explanation.

Good Find.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I'm leaning towards fake.. fake-ish. The dialog is clunky and stiff, like it is scripted. Though, some people do talk like that normally. The one thing that really stands out as being scripted is when the guy says "Whoah, whoah, whoah... where are you? Come on..." before the object is lost in the video.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Very strange. It was following a set path, then the person videoing it seems to move the camera as if the UFO moved - but it didnt. Then when the camera refocused, the UFO seemed to be appear much higher than it was previously.

It doesnt seem right to me for a few reasons. One, like I said above, the camera seems to move despite the UFO not, which to me suggests CGI. Also something like this would have had several witnesses, its THAT clear, but Ive not heard anything about this before...

Still an interesting video though.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Hmmm....good find. I'm not CGI expert, but it does look pretty legit to me. The object passes behind the spires and rooftop antennas. What captures my attention the most is how slow it's moving. Could this be some type of new surveillance drone? Seems odd if it was - most published specs show very airplane like shapes.

Again, good find. I'll be watching this for further developments.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
wow, I'm not surprised the guy sounds like he does. THat's how Id sound if I saw something like that flying through the air. I don't think it's fake, but alas, I'm not an expert at telling if possible UFO's are real or not. As a layperson, I'm gonna take a leap of faith and say that thats a UFO. Afterall, its an unidentified flying object. Now whether its a super secret plane that's not known to the public or one that is from another galaxy, I don't know, but it sure does look like a UFO to me.

I can't wait ot hear the opinions of others though. So go at it folks!!!

Tela

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
What also interests me is the lack of noise. No sonic booms or overhead flybys as with your typical cgi.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeingFollowed
Very strange. It was following a set path, then the person videoing it seems to move the camera as if the UFO moved - but it didnt. Then when the camera refocused, the UFO seemed to be appear much higher than it was previously.

You're right. It jumps from just above the roofline to way above the roofline in that little bit. Me, I think it's faked. 80% probability, I give it.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
People have to realize that in CGI nowadays it's pretty easy to take a handheld shot , motion track it. And put a 3D model in it.
A little masking here and there and done. I could do a lot of realistic ufo footage using cgi and put them online but i don't because i'm serious on the subject.
To be honest. This movie smells like cgi.
Like a previous poster. I don't trust their voices also. It's a little too much bad acting.

There's a lot of disinfo going on and i'm sure also with CGI movies.
Like the drones for example. I really don't understand why people are so fascinated by the drone sightings. Smells like CGI disinfo to discredit serious investigators.

That's my opinion.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeingFollowed
Then when the camera refocused, the UFO seemed to be appear much higher than it was previously.

Good catch beingfollowed. Not 100% reason to call it a fake, but that doesn't appear to be a 'normal' action. Why do all the really good ones have to turn out so questionable?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rotoplooker
The one thing that really stands out as being scripted is when the guy says "Whoah, whoah, whoah... where are you? Come on..." before the object is lost in the video.

Good catch.
That's really a dead giveaway that this is fake IMO.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This has been discussed a long while back. Can't find the excisting thread yet.

Most likely it was debunked.

Look at the footage where it flies over the antennas on the roof top. They lose footage and then regain it slightly above where it was originally at a different angle.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
At 0:18 the 'UFO' dissappears. The actor than shakes the camera around pretending to look for the object 'woah woah woah where are ya'. The UFO then appears to be a full 20 feet higher, and has somehow magically appeared behind the frame of view?

Nah. They flubbed this hoax pretty well and good.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Not much to add. The video looks very artificial. My gut feeling tells me this Is definitely a very poor attempt at a UFO hoax.

Why can't the author of the video keep his camera steady? I'd expect a bit of shaking but their's a couple of instances where the author seems to completely lose what he's recording for no apparent reason.

Why Is the footage so short? If I was that person I'd be running outside to record the object for as long as I could. Anybody In such a position would be thinking of the gains to be made of such brilliant footage.

Fake

[edit on 25uTuesday08/27/20 by paul76]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
If it were real, I would have voted for experimental aircraft. I've seen some pretty weird looking planes built and flown. There used to be that flew around the Valley here for a few years in broad daylight. It was a white triangle, and he used to fly it pretty high, so I'm sure a lot of people thought UFO since they couldn't see the rear-mounted propeller.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I appreciate everyone's comments, thanks. Not only does it "reappear" higher once it comes back in focus, but also appears to have "jumped back" as well. How great it would have been to have had such a clear daytime video.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I'm almost 100% certain that this is fake.

1.The clip is way too short to be believable. If you see a UFO, your not going to film a 30 second segment and then go on with your day.

2.The way the craft jumps altitude when he supposedly loses sight of it, even though he quite clearly doesn't.

3.The size and immediate oddness of the shape, altitude and complete lack of noise would have alerted people from all around.

Fake in my books.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Shall I add "FAKE" to the title for y'all? You all sound pretty convinced it CGI.

Hollar!
C
"

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail
Shall I add "FAKE" to the title for y'all?

Ah, that's not nice...I like the title...lol. How about this one..."Forum Mod Posts One Liner".
(I hope it's a mod with a sense of humor who is having a good day).

But all kidding aside, after scrutinizing over the 'odd movement' of the ufo, the way it all of a sudden dissappears, jumps up and back is questionable at the very least. As the op I would love for this to be a genuine sighting...again...too good to be true? I asked for comments on what others thought and it seems to be their general consensus (spelling?). But I would love to hear what you think.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
IF it's CGI then its damn good shot. But the shape is a bit of strange. A haven't seen UFO with that shape so far.
Looks like Star Trek badge to me

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join