It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will life be like in 2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
This is intended to be a speculative thread. Nothing authoritative just informative and maybe a little predictive.

But what sort of new technologies are scheduled to be in production before 2012? What sort of medical advances are coming? What sort of political fallout is on its way before 2012? What sort of governmental changes are slated between now and 2012? Any new tv shows or movies coming? etc, etc....

Also, I would invite predictive posts on what life will be like in waking up in 2012 throughout the world.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I might have missed something recently, but why does the year have to be 2012? Why can't it be 2020 or 2054 or something like that? The way I see it, things in the world move so fast these days, there is no way to make a prediction of what is to come in the next few years. Four years is not a lot of time for things to happen, but then look at the whole "War on Terror" issue. This country has gotten itself into so much debt from that war, it is almost a guarantee to say that we will never get out of it. I do like the questions you posed, though. I hope this thread takes off soon as I am anxious to see what people think about this.

DTOX X

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
three alternative fantasy scenarios for late 2012:
1) we're trying to cope with the aftermath of WW3, having been hit with EMPs on both coasts, and multiple major cities having been nuked; we won't care they we hit them back BTW.
- limited electrical power; uncontamined food and water are scarce; many deaths; cops and ex-soldiers at work with rival gangs, all raping and pilaging the suburbs (they'll be too fearful to go into the inner cities that are left).
-70% unemployment; anti-biotics scarce; forget surgery unless you're super rich; many living in gated enclaves protected by private security forces; limited gasoline available; fuel oil shortages;
2) police state has progressed; martial law in effect due to apparent attacks by "terrorists". much surveillance; neighbors tattling on neighbors, often for simple revenge. 25% unemployment; flea markets everywhere; the $USD is at 40 on the index (down from 72 today, down from 120+ 3 yrs ago); the AMERO has been introduced at a rate of 1 Amero to 1.9 US dollars; the Down has dropped to 2000; many people wiped out; a black market economy has evolved a' la USSR in the 80's. Cops fighting American "insurgents" and protesters (protests will be completely illegal, as will speech or writing critical of the authorities).
Alternative 3): things are pretty much just like they are now; everyone expecting something to happen, but nothing does; more of the same; SDDS.
US still in Iraq and Afganistan; 12K dead; more cuts in VA funding. inflation running at 12-15%. Hillary has an approval rating of 5% but this is reported by the MSM as 50%. The inflation rate is reported at 2.5%, as it doesn't included energy or food (sound familiar). The average monthly social security check will buy groceries for one week; that's it. Cut backs in medical care disguised as cost containment/improved efficiency. Euthanasia is illegal but widely practiced, sometimes on oldsters at family request.
Cheers, Doctorwork

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Heck if I know I am not psychic. I can tell you that the only thing that is really going to happen and this is a fact in the year 2012 is that the myan calander will run out. Thats all I know will happen that year.

These videos explains some of the prophecies that are associated with 2012.

So there ya have it some info for ya. Sorry I can't be too much help on this issue as I don't buy that the world will end. Course I could be wrong. It's happened before.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Ok, I think everyone missed the point of the OP. What sort of Factual things are scheduled to occur in or by 2012

Not apocalypse conjecture people.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Ok well I now I know the fantasy scenarios and at least one factual thing about that year. I just saw before I logged on to thread again that there is a secured thread with all the 2012 details and such. I guess I missed it the first time(thinking it was an admin. update or something). I think the only real reason(s) for the whole 2012 thing is that:
1. The Myan Calander is coming to an end. People know that they were a very, very early civilization in Earth's history, so since their ancient calander is coming to an end, the world is as well.
2. 2012 will be the end of the 4-year presidential term, and (depending on who becomes president) we will be screwed.

I personally don't think that there are any facts of what is to come in 2012. As I stated before, society is moving too fast for us to predict anything coming in the future.

DTOX X

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
oh factual stuff thats happinin' in the year 2012,

Well the Summer Olympics are going on in London that year,

A presidential election will happen in this country.

I will be turning 37 at the end of that year. Um some of my batteries will have gone bad by then if I haven't used them. My track phone service ends, uh my drivers license expires, um Ill get married again (oh wait no thats when hell freezes over sorry)

Um wait, global events, Lets see well in June of 2012 Venus will transit across the disk of the sun, The city of Columbus will hold it's bicentennial events. Uh, May 20 - Annular Solar Eclipse, November 13 - Total Solar Eclipse, Um thats about all I got sorry.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Well, 2012 will be a marvelous time, with all kinds of technical wonders to be seen and experienced:

* Cars running partially by gas and partially using sophisticated electric motors!
* Mail and other personal messages delivered via telephone lines!
* Electronic devices in nearly every home that you can use to calculate taxes, watch motion pictures, and even play fantastical games!
* Orbiting artificial moons broadcasting lifelike newsreels and motion pictures that can be received with special devices in the home!
* Armies of remote-controlled robots doing battle in far-away lands!
* Stores filled with fresh produce from around the world!
* No more need to carry cumbersome money with all transactions done with a plastic card!
* Beams of light used to correct poor vision!
* Easy travel worldwide with large jet-powered aircraft!

Yes, I hope to live long enough to experience this incredible world and see its wonders for myself!

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

Sorry, maybe we are lacking a common definition to the terms "speculative," and "predictive."

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Let's see if I can be unemotionally coherent with my guessing. I will don my Arnold Schwarzenegger persona....RUN....GET TO THE CHAWPPPAH!!!

Okay seriously:

1. Dissident re-education camps will be implemented and fully operational and processing education for those who are having difficulty accepting NWO changes.

2. RFID technology will be voluntary. For denial or involuntary RFID participation- refer to #1

3. All children must be declared and approved or they will be recycled (probably organ harvested). For their parents- please refer to #1.

4. All weapons side effects suffers will receive free medical treatment for agreeing to #2 (all rules for #2 apply). This is not a discriminatory service it is for the poor as well as the "super-rich".

5. The NAU will be structured and broken down into regions based on all of the individual information collected on each "citizen" and be placed accordingly. These details about you or me specifically will be taught, understood and agreed to as defined in #1. This will ensure that #2 never breaks out behavioristically in an area which was not specifically designed and created to handle the containment of #2.

6. Each person will be found a use or they will be disposed of. This disposal will probably be achieved by loss of all new rights and privileges including categorization and this individual will be transported free of charge to a "free-for-all" zone where survival of the fittest is the only law. This area will be escape proof- yet the activities will be broadcast via a continuous feed to remind people in "close" positions of where they will end up if they do not tow the line. The elite will watch this feed as an amusing and continuing reality show- bets will be placed- all kinds of fun entertainment will be gleaned for them.

7. There will be no more police as a goal and by 2012 we will see the police slowly becoming "harvesters". They will become people garbage collectors and nothing more. They will be heavily medicated and thereby not aware of or in touch with their own moral discord. They will feel nothing about the job they do.

8. We will all be introduced to GOD and a new religion/spiritual practice will be taught in #1. No one who voluntarily submits for this education will be turned away and nor will any information be with-held as it has been in the past- learning from this egregious mistake- all will be revealed.

9. All people who fully comply will have privileges they never had access to in the past and this form of luxury living will become the goal and will not be denied to anyone.

10. There will be no more war and therefore no need for dissidents and protesters- anyone who fails #1 and #2 will be recycled to benefit everyone to the best possible use of what is left of and in them- This service is not for the ELITE- but for all human kind.

11. People will not be individuals. They will be an intricate part of a designated group and this group shall retain its collective importance. This will be learned and understood in #1.

12. Every group shall be required to assist in the clean up and progression process from #1 to #12. For this participation, everyone involved is promised life in accordance with acceptance and execution of 1-12. While luxury living accommodations are being built for each participant/group- "vacation vouchers" to already built luxury accommodations will be earn able to assist in continued motivation in the rebuilding of this better world (think areas in Dubai and the like). Communication within ones designated group will be encouraged as long as it is in line with 1-12. 1-12 is designed and created and implemented for achieving world peace and humans living in harmony together as one.

Doesn't this sound wonderful?

Change is difficult and often painful and in many cases lethal- however it is possible for everyone who truly wants to change and be an integral part of the process of change.

All you need to do is want it, accept it and be part of it. The compassion of the elite is evident in their creating and allowing this change as a voluntary. This is the ultimate proof of the "democratic" process and the freedom to chose.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by dk3000]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
The way I see it, the poles would be pretty much melted by then, or should I say melting alot faster than they are now. I heard that an ice shelf the size of Ireland just broke away from Antartica recently.The poles are melting alot faster than the gov wants people to know about. So, my prediction would be that global warming will be on the verge of catastrophe by then. Due to that, the weather will most likely get alot worse. I don't think the world will end, but I think alot of people will be very uncomfortable especially if they're used to the cushy comfort we have now. I know alot of people who'd freak out if they had to "camp" in 100 degree weather with no a/c or tv.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

Q: What will life be like in 2012?

A: Well everyone has their own flying car, entire meals come in pill form, and the Earth is run by DAMN DIRTY APES.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
We're here, in this year! And the world needs to be healed and set free and eveyone equal and living in joy. I don't see that yet.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Earth's population is at two billion and dropping. The aliens have come, and they are harvesting us. Most major cities have been wiped out. Disease and starvation are rampant. Worse, it turns out that Alex Jones was one of their agents. He made us think that the Japan Incident was the government's doing. If we hadn't tried to rise up... maybe we could have stopped them.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meshakhad
Earth's population is at two billion and dropping. The aliens have come, and they are harvesting us. Most major cities have been wiped out. Disease and starvation are rampant. Worse, it turns out that Alex Jones was one of their agents. He made us think that the Japan Incident was the government's doing. If we hadn't tried to rise up... maybe we could have stopped them.

what are you talking about? and why should I listen to a guy with a golden dildo as his avatar?

top topics

join