It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Murder Mystery Game for BTS (Discussion thread)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
"whenever you See people walking down the Street and not caring about anything, you get annoyed. people are the cruelest of beings. Sometimes it is as though nobody cares. this is the worst of things. Somebody must do Something."

That has a pattern in it.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Givenmay

Sorry Givenmay I was using you as an example. What I did was hide the clue in what I wrote. If you took the first letter of what I wrote down and put it together it spelled out

THE MURDERER IS GIVENMAY.

It was just an example. Now I have to wrap my head around Grim's logic.

Of course Givenmay your looks are killer so I wouldn't count you out as being the murderer in this game.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by Givenmay

Sorry Givenmay I was using you as an example. What I did was hide the clue in what I wrote. If you took the first letter of what I wrote down and put it together it spelled out

THE MURDERER IS GIVENMAY.

It was just an example. Now I have to wrap my head around Grim's logic.

Of course Givenmay your looks are killer so I wouldn't count you out as being the murderer in this game.

Oh, I was drunk anyway so, I did'nt read everyones post!

I would'nt count myself out either!

Make sure that you guys don't start the game without me!

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I have a new approach to the clue problem and I will try to explain it the best I can.

The clues come from the characters name, each character will have a name, example: Mrs Richardson, job: Nurse, weapon: Gun, Motive: whatever, and then a written history about each character (though short history). I think we will need 15 characters in total although all might not be used at once. Probably a good idea is to have these characters laid out on a separate thread hopefully with the character avatars (as I think these we help the game) and then ATS members can just pick the character they want before the game starts.

Ok here we go.. at the beginning of each game the players pick their character, the host will then choose the killer via U2U. Also at the start of the game the host will send each player (not the killer) two letters of the killers character name (to help identify the killer) now these letters can be the same or different for each player. The host will also send each player 5 false letters as well. Its down to the host to keep track of who has what.

Each day 2 players have to request letters from another two players on the game thread. At this point the players that have been asked must give up 2 letters, one of the letters they give up must be part of the killers name the other could be one of the false letters (or you can give both real letters) because a player has to give up their letters they are at a disadvantage so they will have immunity from the killer for this round of the game.

If the requests arent made due to RW lives / time difference the host will make the requests from the players to keep the game flowing, I think as Grim said each player must post at least once a day. Once the requests have been made to the players the killer (via U2U to host) can kill a player (not the 2 immune players). So at the end of the first day going into day 2 we should have 4 letters on the board whether they help or not, plus your own (player) letters in your U2U and a dead player (nice huh) then the process repeats itself for day 2, this time the host will only issue one letter of the killers character name to each player, so after that we should have 8 requested letters on the board and another dead player. So it goes on.

Each player is allowed 2 guesses (maybe 1 havent decided) if they guess wrong both times then they are out of the game (the host will kill them off by writing it in the game) You can only use your false letters once on the game thread and its down to the host to keep track of this.
There can only be one winner either a player or the killer, once / if we get down to 2 / 3 players they lose all immunity in the game. Thats the rough / basic outline of the game so far.

So each day a player will add there part to the story / game plus letters if requested, also say if they have guessed wrong, for example:

Characters Name: Mrs Richardson
Letters: A, J
Guess: 1

Then write your part of the story / game.

I think we made need two hosts per game, one to tell the story and link things together, make player letter requests if needed. The other host is behind the scenes dealing with U2Us, keeping track of letters used etc.

Again once the basics of this game have been worked through we can add other objectives, character secrets etc.

Playing this way keeps the game within itself and gives more interaction between players. I guess there will be some cheating involved here, players may send U2Us to each other, but I dont think all 10 or 15 players would do this, as the game would just fail. But some cheating is encouraged as it adds to the fun.

Also playing this way, you could have less people taking part if needed and also the games might finish quicker. Again I dont see this as a problem as we all have other things to do and I think people may get bored if a game drags on. Maybe we could have number of short games playing at once with fewer people, I dont know.

Thats all for now, still stuff to work out, please post any comments (for or against), questions or ideas.

Thanks,

JQ.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Seems like this is gonna be a lot more hard than it is fun. How about a nice round or two of musical chairs?

**que's the stereo to achey-breaky-heart...

**everyone starts two step'n round the chairs...

dummmm dum dum dum!!! dum dum dUm DuM DUM DUM!!!!!

dddoooooooon't bweak meh heart! meh achey breaky heart! I juzzzzzzzz donnnn think it unduhstand! *dum dum dum...

**music stops**

Edit: OMG I got a seat! YAY!!!

[edit on 1-4-2008 by Bachelor]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join