It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Murder Mystery Game for BTS (Discussion thread)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
...lol!
that sounds kinda fun...maybe I shall be the teacher, in the Library with a paddle!
No, I think I will settle being the nurse with the needle, in the operating room!
...hmmn, I dunno!

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Murder Mystery...... sounds like fun, count me in!

Just remember... I am willing to turn on you all in an instant! Muah ha ha ha!

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Again thanks for the replies...

See grim I am the killer, I do like your second idea. I dont know if the clues should be more personal, maybe info (threads, flags, etc) thats linked to that members (killer) profile page.

Ive changed my avatar and signature to get some advertising going across the boards. I ask anyone that visits chat, if they could promote this idea through discussion it would be appreciated. Ive also joined the twitter thing, so hope to bring up the subject with the people there.

Thanks again,

JQ.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I think certain flagged threads would be a bit too obvious. Started threads way to obvious since I haven't started a thread in months lol.

I think something IN the posts would be better since we all post pretty much daily I would say. Its not so obvious like flags or threads started. You can be much more versatile in your clues with posts too. You could say.

Imagine this. The killer gives you a clue. "I think I have a clue. You must have at least two I's in every sentence. I walked out in the park. People aren't going to like this. Everyone is against me." All sentences had two I's, even the original. If he gave a clue, there is a chance nobody would notice him because hes the one that gave it.

That or the killer give you a clue that isn't relevent. "oh I think I might have found a clue in this form!" sending you on a wild goose chase.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
little double post action going on here.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by grimreaper797]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
This looks like it could be fun. Will be keeping an eye out to see how it progresses. Besides I really need to sought out this minor problem of minus BTS points..

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Just keeping an eye on the thread to find out when we start... sorry I haven't offered any suggestions but I'm completely unoriginal and lack any semblence of creativity. heh!

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by grimreaper797

I think your making it a little too complicated. Perhaps a little more obvious signs than someone using a single letter twice in the same sentence could suffice.

I mean shesh man talk about looking for a needle in a haystack.

How about a post somewhere on the three boards with a certain smiley used within the text.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

15 player and 2-3 using the same smilely face? You would know who it is in about 15 minutes of everyone posting. Be the quickest online game ever played.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   

you could scan every thread on all three boards in 15 minutes? Dude you read FAST!

There are literally hundreds of posts on these boards every day. One two or three killer characters could hide clues. Finding the clues with a certain smiley attached would be very difficult. In fact don't you think that a game like this would need to be played out on all threads across all boards? No one would be able to find out right away if you hid the clues well enough. Don't ya think? Otherwise doing it your way would be too hard cause who would notice that a person used a single letter in each sentence twice? Unless there was a clue given within one thread to look for such an instance. Total anarchy would rein. Why do we want to break our brains for such a game? How about letting it be fun? Obviously we can't make it too easy for people to figure it out right? Don't get me wrong for really smart people that might be the level of challenge required.

I am not that smart though and want to play this game too. Do you have another idea? I might be able to think of one or two that would work in a single thread murder mystery but how about one on all three boards across all sorts of threads? That would make it difficult and yet your looking for something simple by the murderer, a modus operandi so speak. Breaking our brains looking for certain letters contained in each sentence twice would be like finding a needle in a haystack. You might be able to do it if you knew what you were looking for but what if you didn't? Clues should be a little more obvious and yet let the murderer loose and let them post wherever they like and not a single thread.

Like perhaps something with a little setup in mind. Unless you think that there is something that is blowing by me. Especially if we have a game master that parcels out clues given by the murderer. Subtle clues like, Go find a message written in a post. I think that would be difficult to do especially when you don't know what message is written in what post. Very fun stuff can be written in a post without letting people know what your writing about really. Everyone should have a chance at winning this game but all the while making it hard even for really smart members. Now given my example of using the entire website would give the murderer a chance for freedom. When everyone suspects everyone else. How easy would it be to post a message within a post without letting on you did so? I accept that for perhaps you and a few others doing it that way might seem too easy but for the rest of us to read over every post made by every suspect would be a task. Let alone the fact that everyone will be posting on different threads and having to hide the clue within the message and stay on topic in the thread they post in. Everyone could get into that. Trying to make it too difficult may just put people off. You perhaps could do it but someone like me would give up real quick. Personally the smiley idea done right would be hard to discover because smiley's are used so often everywhere and using a specific smiley in a post that really doesn't need a smiley.

I don't know about you but the rest of us want an intriguing game that is actually playable. Nine times out of ten the sponsored games here are so difficult and unannounced that it's almost pointless to play them. God one of the games even involved things from outside sites. Who thinks that way? and how do you start? Or perhaps those of us that missed out on the beginning missed some vital clue that would make everything make sense. Unbeknownst to the rest of us. Like perhaps hiding a clue as a sentence within a post would work. Don't you wonder why this post is going on for so long? Besides writing this kind of clue is so hard to think up the exact way to write it. Especially if we were using every thread across every board to hide the clue and still have to make the post be on topic? To much work. Obviously we should make it a little more simple. Obviously we need to make it playable for everyone. How long before this post ends? Also do you think there is a hidden message within it? Read it carefully to find out. Don't give it away we should see if your idea would work.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Did you really put a hidden message in your post.... if you did I cant work it out, I guess im not smart either.

My idea behind this game is to bring a bit of fun to BTS. Also a game like this could help new people meet / interact with existing members. Im still new here too and although I post stuff on a regular basis there are still loads of people here I dont know. So with that in mind I think it does need to appeal to the masses. Im also guessing that we wouldnt be allowed to play this across all three sites, as it would just cause chaos and may even offend other ATS members. So probably keep our ideas to BTS only.

I am gonna do some research into how the clues are given in actual murder mystery games and it might spark some ideas to how we can use them here. Then I will get back to everyone.

Grim even though your ideas may not be right for this type of game I do think you should develope them with a view to getting your own game up and running. Intrepid has a thread discussing BTS games so maybe post some ideas there as well. The more games / ideas we get going the more fun we have.

Keep the input coming guys.

Thanks,

JQ.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   

No but I could scan 15 members post since the game started in about 15 minutes.

Just go to their profile and look at their posts. Its not like every member on ATS is playing.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Have ya figured out my post yet? Has anyone else? This is a test of your idea there Grim.

When you figure it out let me know. If anyone (Except John Q I gave it away to him already.) Using your idea I will start a murder mystery here in this thread Here goes:

There is a killer in this thread. How can you find out who did it? Even the innocent looking has their dark side. Maybe they are the one you least suspect. Unless you know you might be next. Really hard to spot this murderer as they left no clues. Do you have any idea who this might be? Everyone a suspect and everyone a potential victim. Really hard to find out when you look at it this way isn't it? Especially when there is no body. Root out this killer before they strike again. I won't help you suffice to say. Sometimes the key is in the setup. Grant you there is already a clue given. I might have given this away. Very often things like this slip through your fingers if your not paying attention. Enemies of my friends are my enemies. Now did that sentence make any sense? Maybe the killer is closer to you than you think. Anyone could be the killer. You could be the killer and not even know it.

[edit on 3/29/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
There is a killer in this thread. How can you find out who did it? Even the innocent looking has their dark side. Maybe they are the one you least suspect. Unless you know you might be next. Really hard to spot this murderer as they left no clues. Do you have any idea who this might be? Everyone a suspect and everyone a potential victim. Really hard to find out when you look at it this way isn't it? Especially when there is no body. Root out this killer before they strike again. I won't help you suffice to say. Sometimes the key is in the setup. Grant you there is already a clue given. I might have given this away. Very often things like this slip through your fingers if your not paying attention. Enemies of my friends are my enemies. Now did that sentence make any sense? Maybe the killer is closer to you than you think. Anyone could be the killer. You could be the killer and not even know it.

THE MURDERER IS GIVENMAY.

Going to have to try much harder than that. I saw it within 15 seconds.

Your other post is in the same format but it was too long so I didnt bother past the first paragraph lol.

That is a very simple clue. One of the first things that stand out really.

If you make a murder mystery game without clues, its just a blind guessing game. I don't see too much fun in that.

[edit on 29-3-2008 by grimreaper797]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
something more along the lines of this would work:

whenever you See people walking down the Street and not caring about anything, you get annoyed. people are the cruelest of beings. Sometimes I feel like nobody cares. this is the worst of things. Somebody must do Something.

The clue is rather obvious in this but it was the first easy clue I could think of on short notice.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
now as for your little puzzle, I will counter with my own:

This is going to be interesting. Right now you are looking for a clue. Unbelievable as it may be, there is one. How you will find it, that is up to you. See the next sentence for what it is. 'I will let you down'. "Hardly" you say when asked if it sounds familiar. Sometimes though, you have to look deeper. As always, there is more than meets the eye. Common mistake to overlook the message in a message. Your looking for a secret message. Now will you find it? Now its time to look. Have fun. Out side the message is a message. Just the same, inside a message is another message.

now the question is, what line comes next?

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   

See thats the problem. I have no freaking idea. The only thing that comes to mind is perhaps is I will let you down. but thats not it.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Mr. Grim, I had no idea that the game was even on yet!
...so, how could I be the killer, so soon?
...nevermind!

[edit on 3/30/2008 by Givenmay]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Well my "puzzle" isn't for the murder mystery. Hidden text isn't what I was talking about. Patterns is what I was talking about. In my puzzle you need to know both the secret message and the obvious message to answer it.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
"whenever you See people walking down the Street and not caring about anything, you get annoyed. people are the cruelest of beings. Sometimes it is as though nobody cares. this is the worst of things. Somebody must do Something."

That has a pattern in it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join