It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Keep your fingers crossed for me

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Ug I have missed this place. My computer crashed a while ago, so I have not been able to get online unless I go to the library. Now it looks like I wont be comming to the library for a while either. I am having some kidney trouble and have been in and out of the hospital this past week. There is a big kink in the hose so to speak. I go in next week to schedule a surgery where they will remove that part and reattatch it to my kidney. I will be in the hospital for a few days, and they say to expect 4-6 weeks recovery. Personally, I am ready to get it done and over with. Im not so much afraid of the surgery, but all the things that can go wrong after with infection and all.

My kidney got so large that the emergency room Dr. thought they were going to have to remove it for sure. I am so glad that is not going to happen as im kind of attatched to it.
Im doing ok now, they have put a stint in and Im on pain killers and something for spasms (so forgive me if this sounds a lil loopy hehe). My husband has been so wonderfull taking charge of the household and our three kiddos. I would be lost with out him.

I am sure I will be ok, but if you all could keep your fingers crossed for us I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
-mrsdudara

Now, I think im going to attempt to catch up on the news here. Ive been going crazy watching the news knowing what im missing not being able to read the threads here.

JAK

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Fingers crossed and my best wishes sent mrsdudara.

Jak

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

We'll be thinking of you and you know we'll be here for you when you're back to 100%.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Best wishes to you and your family Mrs! Keep confident that there will be a speedy recovery from this.

Sounds like you have a wonderful husband, kudos to him for making sure things run smoothly so you can get the rest you need and get back on your feet.

We'll be hearing about how well everything went soon!

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

Gosh mrsdudara it sounds like you've been through a lot lately ... and it sure looks like you have a bit more that you still need to "get through". I'm sad that you have to endure so much. Nevertheless, it still must be reassuring that your husband is such a good support.

Best Wishes jmrsdudara for a complete and speedy recovery!

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
mrsdudara, you should post about this in the Prayer Circle, get some prayers going for you.... (see the link in my sig)

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Oh Mrs! We will be thinking of you and wishiing you well,

Get that hubby to let us know that you are doing ok!

If he can email i would always be happy to update the members on how you are,

Take real good care and we will for sure have our fingers and toes crossed for you,

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Yikes! You'll be in my thoughts too

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
You are back, good, have missed your posts.
Yes I will think of you.
I am sorry you have had such hard times. Life can be a bitch.
Blessed Be
WIS

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
My best wishes to you and your family.

I will keep you in my prayers.

Marilyn

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Best wishes for a speedy recovery mrsdudara.

Sending good vibes all the way from Oz to you and your family.

May your chosen god keep you safe

res

[edit on 27-3-2008 by resistancia]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Thank you all very much. I will find out Tuesday when my surgery will be. I am ready to get it done and over with. It is amazing how much better I feel with just the stint in. I feel almost hollow now. I didnt realize how often it bothered me until they relieved the pressure. Sitting on my arse until June will likely drive me crazy. BUT you know me, I firmly believe everything happens for a reason. Not having a computer around has been an odd sort of blessing. I have been wanting to write a book for a while, but never had the time. Kids are growing up, computer is gone, and i HAVE to sit on my butt.......looks like I might have time after all. Im excited really, I have already come up with the characters and their backgrounds. The story is already starting to take on a life of its own.

You all take care, and thanks again for all your kind words and thoughts.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
holy cow, its amazing how hard it is to maintain a positive additude about surgery when it gets closer to time. No reason to be afraid right? In the world of surgerys this is no biggy right? I keep telling myself that, but the idea of being cut open and cut and pasted back together again just doesnt sound as good as it did a couple of weeks ago. It sounds much better than the alternitive, but still the fear of not waking up after they knock me out is starting to grow the closer i get to cut and paste time. yikers. That is a silly thing to be worried about though right?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I understand exactly how you feel...I was in your situation myself several years ago. My anaesthetist picked up on my stress because he could not insert a drip into my veins before I went into the operating theatre. I told him I had a fear of something going wrong and was very nervous. He was so supportive, he gave me a sedative, held my hand and pecked me on the forhead, said he would see me soon and put me to sleep in the corridor. He was there when I woke.

You just have to have faith in your doctors and the support team on the day. Ask if they can give you something beforehand to calm you and maybe have a support person with you until they take you in.

I know that you will be fine
Res

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
that helps a lot. thank you. when they knocked me out the first time the ladies were so nice and they did give me something before they put me to sleep. The Dr. I saw Thursday ended up refering me to someone at a hospital that has more experience with this. It is a teaching hospital, so hopefully someone can learn from this too. I feel a little better knowing that the gentleman doing the procedure is well experienced and confident. I hope they can get me in soon. Anticipation is quite nervewrecking.

Thank you again, resistancia. Your reassurance helps a lot.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I had surgery a few years ago... nothing major, but I was still very nervous about it.

I said a prayer everday leading up to, it really calmed me down.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Wow, Im back. Thanks all of you for your kind thoughts and prayers. Im feeling a little better each day. I will have the stint taken out (finaly) June 9th. Not looking forward to that process, but I am looking forward to having the darn thing out. Its been exhausting. The Dr. is talking about doint the same thing to my other kidney. Im hoping I wont have to. But hay gotta do whatcha gotta do. Im just ready to get up and running. I got my internet back the day before surgery, and am actualy able to physically get to my computer now woo hoo!

Thanks again everyone for your kindness.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

Wow, I'm relieved to hear everything went well for you.

How did it go? Any problems? Did the recovery right after surgery go as you expected? It seems these days they have you in and out of the hospital in a couple days. (Whenever I've had surgery, I was always surprised at how bandaged up I was afterwards, and how uncomfortable, but that was many years ago.)

Is the stent removal an outpatient procedure, or do you have to go under again for that.

I think what happens in a case like this is that some people have a looped or twisted ureter from birth and after a while it can cause trouble.

Anyway, glad to hear you're back in more ways than one.

Hope you don't mind the few questions if so, just ignore that part. I've worked in the hospital for many years, and even worked on some cases like yours (support services).

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Wow, I just saw your thread, mrsdudara. You must have been in some pain ouch! Glad you are better and all went well. Keep getting better. Will still keep fingers crossed for speedy recovery.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
No, it wasnt what i expected. It was awefull. Im glad im fixed, but I pray to God that I dont have to do it again. Im still quite sore, but I feel a litle better every day. They said 2 weeks, and i just finished week one. I still have a little ways left to go, but the hard stuff is over.... I think.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join