It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The truth about "Thief in the night" and the Great Harlot of Revelation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I am sick and tired of people quoting the Gospels about "you will not know the time I come. I will come like a theif in the night"! That is one line out of a very important passage. That passage explains the fact that if you are blind about what is happening around you, you will be caught by surprise by Christ's return but if you live your life with your eyes open, you will not be left in the dark. As the quote famously comes from 1 Thessalonians Chapter 5, lets review the whole passage:

1. But concerning the times and seasons, brethren, you have no need that I should write you.
2. For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a THIEF IN THE NIGHT.

-Notice that verse 2 mentions the famous line people continue to use as a reason to not worry about the anti-christ or end times. Lets read on further.....

3. For when they say, "Peace and safety!" then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And they shall not escape.
4. But you, brethren, ARE NOT IN DARKNESS, SO THAT THIS DAY SHOULD OVERTAKE YOU AS A THIEF.
5. You are all sons of LIGHT and sons of the DAY. WE are not of the night nor of darkness.
6. Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us WATCH AND BE SOBER.

-That sure sounds like Paul is telling us to watch for the signs though Christ will come as a thief in the night. The blind or sleeping will go on like nothing is happening while those of us who see things around us know that Christ's return is drawing near. "Thief in the night" refers to someone who doesn't realize what is happening and is surprised by what what happens when the tribulation starts and the social class starts to break down.

The lesson here is to read on to a whole passage instead of going back to one simple verse in the bible. I don't believe that we know who is the anti-christ and as many have already posted, "anti-christ" is a group of people who don't believe in Christ or who are practicing "False Christianity" such as catholicism or any protestant teachings that adopt sunday worship, easter, or christmas. The one true church, the one that was created by the apostles is the original Church of God which has been through a separation due to differences. United Church of God remains a church with the foundations of the early Church of God from 31 AD.

The beast of Revelation and Daniel comes not from the middle east. Why does someone say that?

Daniel 7 starting with verse 23 which is the interpretation of Daniels visions.

23. Thus he said: 'The fourth beast shall be a fourth kingdom on earth, which shall be different from all other kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, trample it and break it in pieces.
24. The ten horns are ten kings who shall arise from this kingdom. And another shall rise after them; He shall be different from the first ones, and shall subdue three kings.
25. He shall speak pompous words against the Most High, shall persecute the saints of the Most High, and shall intend to change times and law. Then the saints shall be given into his and for a time and times and half a time.

The fourth beast in Daniel 7 refers to the Roman Empire in the end times which will have one ultimate ruler along with 10 rulers among the region, 3 of which will be overthrown. This is easily the European Union and the beast of revelation is the one ultimate ruler. The EU is to hold presidential elections around the time of our own presidential elections. It will be one president ruling over the entire EU. Tony Blair is one of the candidates. Right now the EU has 27 nations making it up and either 17 will break away from the EU or some will merge together to create ten nations. Mystery Babylon or the New Babylon is Rome, the City on 7 hills. I will post the explanation of the EU and Rome next.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by Locoman8]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The explanation of Rome and the EU as the Beasts of Revelations....
The Great Harlot of Revelation refers to New Babylon or Rome. Rome is also known as the City on Seven Hills. Read the passages from Revelation 17:
1.Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and talked with me, saying to me, "Come, I will show you the judgment of the great harlot who sits on many waters,
2."with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication."
3.So he carried me away in the Spirit into the wilderness. And I saw a woman sitting on a SCARLET BEAST WHICH WAS FULL OF NAMES OF BLASPHEMY, HAVING SEVEN HEADS AND TEN HORNS.
-This speaks of Rome and the European Union. The seven heads is the city of Rome.... "the city on seven hills." The ten horns is the ten nations that will make up the EU.
4.The woman was arrayed in PURPLE AND SCARLET, AND ADORNED WITH GOLD AND PRECIOUS STONES AND PEARLS, HAVING IN HER HAND A GOLDEN CUP FULL OF ABOMINATIONS AND THE FILTHINESS OF HER FORNICATION.
-This speaks of the Catholic Church which is based in Rome at the Vatican. The garments stated here are the garments worn by the Pope.
5.And on her forehead a name was written: MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
6.I saw the woman, drunk with the blood of the saints and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus. And when I saw her, I marveled with great amazement.
-The early Roman Empire of Jesus' time was responsible for the imprisonment and persecution of the apostles and desciples of Christ as they were spreading the message of Christ. Rome is drunk with the blood of the saints and martyrs of Jesus.
7.But the angel said to me, "Why did you marvel? I will tell you the mystery of the woman and of the beast that carries her, which has the seven heads and the ten horns.
8."The beast that you saw was, and is not, and will ascend out of the bottomless pit and go to perdition. And those who dwell on the earth will marvel, whose names are not written in the Book of Life from the foundation of the world, when they see the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
9."Here is the mind which has wisdom: The seven heads are SEVEN MOUNTAINS ON WHICH THE WOMAN SITS.
-That explains that the Harlot is the city of Rome which sits on seven hills.
10."There are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, and the other has not yet come. And when he comes, he must continue a short time.
-This explains the 7 revivals of the Roman Empire. 5 passed... 6 was Hitler and the 7th is the EU.
11."The beast that was, and is not, is himself also the eighth, and is of the seven, and is going to perdition.
-Speaks of the anti-christ ruler of the 7th revival of the Roman Empire (EU).
12."The ten horns which you saw are ten kings who have received no kingdom as yet, but they receive authority for one hour as kings with the beast.
13."These are of one mind, and they will give their power and authority to the beast.
14."These will make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, for He is Lord of lords and King of kings; and those who are with Him are called, chosen, and faithful."
15.Then he said to me, "The waters which you saw, where the harlot sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations, and tounges.
16."And the ten horns which you saw on the beast, these will hate the harlot, make her desolate and naked, eat her flesh and burn her with fire.
17."For God has put it into their hearts to fulfill His purpose, to be of one mind, and to give their kindom to the beast, until the words of God are Fulfilled.
18."And the woman whom you saw is that great city which reigns over the kings of the earth.

Rome is that great city and the 10 horns are the 10 nations of the EU that will come about. The water is the rule of all nations that the Harlot city will control.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by Locoman8]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
And I thought I was the only one who might end up in an insane asylum behind people misquoting that verse!
I agree, the entire passage must be read to get the intended meaning.

What is baffling to me, tho, is how people can look at this crazy, sick place the world has become, totally confused about it or how to fix it, hear Prophetic Scripture which at least addresses these same unpleasant conditions of our societies, yet reject the study of Prophecy and continue on in confusion. Seems odd, yet the Prophecies also say that this is exactly how people will respond in the last days, tho they see with their own eyes the things which were written long, long ago.

I say whether those texts have a solid beginning or not, their descriptions of our world today are remarkably accurate. Guess that's why "Faith" is required . . .

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
How right you are. I've been on the Predictions board for about 3 weeks now and that one verse is always used by those who try to disprove any person who thinks we're living in the end-times. I finally had to put the whole thing on a separate thread to explain it. I also got tired of people disproving others by telling them the anti-christ would come from the middle east. It's easy to see that the EU is where he/she will come from and that Rome is the city mentioned in Revelation due to the link between Rome's nickname, "City on 7 hills" and the Harlot who sits on 7 mountains. I'm glad I have an ally in this message. Kudos to you.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I take the 'thief in the night'... and the 'Do not sleep as others...'

as a more literal meaning.

since the 2nd coming is centered/focused on Jerusalem (now completely in Israeli controlled territory)

the warnings are for all the other people in the world which are
somewhere around ~8 hours, before or after the period of mid-morning
to mid-afternoon Jerusalam Time.

believers are warned to stay awake when they would normally be sleeping for a reason,
so, every believer in the lands & populations west of the Mississippi River, USA
And every believer in the lands & islands east of Australia

are advised to stay awake,
in opposition to their natural inclination
to follow their circadian rhythm of sleeping in the night part of a day.

we can see on the wikipedia map of time zones that 90% of the world
is daily, in some sunny part of the day in relation to Jerusalem time...
en.wikipedia.com...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

? whats the capitol of the EU.. Brussels?
Rome does not even control the Vatican let alone the EU or the world...
so i'd suggest one look towards NYC (& wall street) or even London,
as the 'City' that leads the worlds kings & merchants astray,
and has all the blood of many peoples on their hands

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Brussels is indeed the headquarters of the EU but as stated before, the common link in the Harlot and the city of Rome is the fact that the Harlot sits atop 7 mountains and the city of Rome is nicknamed "The City on 7 Hills." There are still things to be worked out in the EU and that may find Brussels to be obsolete in the future for the capitol of the EU.

The United States and Great Britain along with most of northwest europe and other engish speaking countries (Australia, New Zieland, Canada, etc.) are considered the lost 10 tribes of Israel which tells me that the beast will come from East Europe, Asia, or Africa but none fit the way Europe does. Daniel's interpretation of the dream Nebacadnezzar had mentions the statue which speaks of the 4 empires the world will see before the Kingdom of God. The last of those empires is considered the Roman Empire which contains 7 revivals. We are in the midst of the 7th revival right now. It was known to be the last of the great empires. Weather Rome is the center of this revival or not, remains unseen but the religious beast of revelations....separate from the political beast, derives from Rome as the Roman Catholic Church led by the Pope. This will also be considered the "false messiah or false christ" in tribulation or the white horse of the four horsemen.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I remember reading Hal Lindsy's, "The Late, Great Planet Earth" back in the Seventies and being scared to death that the tribulation was nigh.
He got it wrong.

Why is your interpretation any more valid than Hal's? I think you're Loco Man.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
That's why they call me Locoman. The only thing I can say is that I'm not 100% on anything but from what I research and what I see happening in the world today along with fulfilled prophecy that has taken place, I feel the tribulation drawing near. As far as that other guy goes, I'd like to know what info he went by. I'm not predicting dates or anything. I just see things in the world happening that will only get worse and scripture is backing up this theory. I'm not the originator of this theory either.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I agree but is it The fourth beast (nation)? Or the Fourth Reich? Also you may want to note that there are about 10 countries who have given their countries security over to the US in exchange for military protection.

Babylon Mystery Religion is definitely the OTO (Ordo Templi Orientis) Don't believe me? Go poke around on the US Grande Lodge Website. In it you will find details about the order and it's influence on every religion.

Yes it all comes down to the Roman Empire, but the Roman empire is everywhere.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Ack...I had to use SirPaulMuaddib_2 ....instead of SirPaulMuaddib, because I'm sneaking this post in from work...and forgot my password.

Anyway fascinating...I was just going to start a thread on this very subject...

Let's proceed carefully...
I'm going to go at it raw, that is, I'm reading the verses and believing what it says, and not "cheating" by going to other sites for their explanation.

I'm going to be a tease, and give a little hint here....
Could there be more than one time spoken of here and elsewhere??

The main verses again.....
1 Thessalonians 5
1But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

2For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

4But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

5Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

6Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

7For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.

O.K....

Let's "re-read" and believe what it says, you'll be surprised at what really is being said.

2For yourselves know perfectly that THE DAY of the Lord SO COMETH as a thief in the night.

Ah...this is not talk about the Lord's Return! But THE DAY OF THE LORD. Here (we'll get to other verses that touch on this later), but again here, we're NOT talking about the Lord's return, but the DAY..that Day..it is the Day of the Lord that comes as a thief. Using day = year principle that prophecy buffs know about...we then know that THIS PASSAGE...is referring to the Day of the Lord, or the Last Year of the Tribulation Period.

Now notice...

3For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction COMETH UPON THEM, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

4But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that THAT DAY should overtake you as a thief.

The destruction coming is UPON THEM...that is the WORLD, upon the world yes, that FINAL YEAR does come like a thief (the final year, because remember for 2 1/2 years the Beast power will bring "PEACE" and "SAFETY" to the whole world, but in the last year the Beast power will be punished for that whole final year.).

In verse 4 we see that "THAT DAY" should not overtake YOU (YOU CHRISTIANS), but ONLY IF....only if you are watching, if you are spiritually awake and watching THEN it won't overtake you, but if you (a Christian) are NOT spiritually awake it will overtake you as well.

When one is sleeping, one's EYES ARE CLOSED! When your eyes are closed you CAN NOT WATCH, you must be awake TO WATCH!

Now notice....something very, very, interesting I hadn't noticed before! Being awake is not enough! You must be: awake-->watchful AND SOBER.

You must be sober, what is the opposite of being sober? Well, it's being drunk! (verse 7)

The bible defines "drunkeness" as the keeping of "false doctrines"! So to "sleep in the night" is to be in spiritual darkness, and to be drunk, is to be steeped in FALSE DOCTRINES!

When you are steeped in false doctrine, you can not see, because you don't know what you're supposed to be watching for.

O.K.

Mark 13:34-36 (King James Version)

34For the Son of Man is as a man taking a far journey, who left his house, and gave authority to his servants, and to every man his work, and commanded the porter to watch.

35Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house cometh, at even, or at midnight, or at the cockcrowing, or in the morning:

36Lest coming suddenly he find you sleeping.

[CONTINUED IN NEXT POST]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Now notice! This is fascinating...Notice what it's saying and what it's NOT saying. THIS IS A DIFFERENT TIME than that mentioned in Thessalonians!

It does NOT mention a day or an hour. BUT...but notice this...this passage DOES refer to the Second Coming! It is referring to "when the master of the house cometh"

And notice what it says...."YE KNOW NOT". Here's a little "secret", when the KJV bible uses "YE" instead of "YOU", "YE" is referring to more than one "you'...in other words... THE CHURCH.

It says here "ye know NOT WHEN"...but here's the key to understanding...EVEN THOUGH THE "WHEN" is UNKNOWN.... You can and should still be awake and watching.

It's like this...here's are the situations you can be

1) asleep, and when the thief comes, you will be UNPREPARED

2) awake...even though you DON'T KNOW THE HOUR (3 possible hours are implied in verse...MIDNIGHT HOUR, COCKCROWING HOUR or MORNING HOUR!)

You can be awake, and PREPARED, and in being prepared you will not be snared (prepared = spiritually prepared, in other words, you'll be living right)

Now let's notice this passage

Mark 13:31-33 (King James Version)
31Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
32But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

33Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.

Notice...this too is fascinating, because I haven't seen it before, NOTICE!!!!

It mentions BOTH a day AND an hour...but does NOT specify the day and hour of what!

But notice verse 33 : "YE KNOW NOT when the time is".....

So we will NOT know either *that day* OR *that hour's* time.

Well, let's cheat a little, we now know what "that day" is referring to, we know "that day" is referring to the "Day of the Lord". (from Thess.)

Now notice this! ANOTHER frame of timing is mentioned...

+ we now will identify "THAT HOUR" mention previously

Matthew 24

36But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

37But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Notice now! "AS THE DAYS".......so shall THE COMING of the Son of man be.

We dealt with "that day", but now we have "days", so let's proceed, it will tell you what these's "days" are

38For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

The "days" then, are the "days" the flood came, to take them all away...that is, they are 3 1/2 "days", that the world is "drowned" in a "flood". Remember, a "flood" is a type that represents an "army".

So these are the last 3 1/2 years, where the world is engulfed in WARS.

Now "that hour", that was mentioned in Mark 13:32 but not linked to the hour of what is now identified.

40Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

41Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

42Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

44Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

The hour is now identified with the coming of the Son of man. Or the Second Coming.

So notice, let's backtrack "that hour" is actually DUAL..(I'll get to that later)

[CONTINUED IN NEXT POST]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
So notice, let's backtrack "that hour" is actually DUAL..(I'll get to that later)

O.K. Let's list some facts about "that hour", that we know of

1) The hour is UNKNOWN.

(Matt 24:44 "for in such an hour as ye think not")

(Mark 13:32 "that hour knoweth no man")

(Mark 13:35 "For ye know not when the master of the house cometh")

(Luke 12:40 "The Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.")

2) THREE CANDIDATES for "that hour" are listed!

A) midnight

B) cockcrowing

C) morning

I want to point out something the hour is unknown EVEN TO THOSE WATCHING.

Now, here's the key (again), we are still to be awake AND watching AND sober, if we are, IT WILL NOT CATCH US LIKE A THIEF...with our "spiritual pants" down at our ankles!

We CAN KNOW it is near, at the very door. But we will NOT know the "hour" in a precise way, we will THINK we do (Matt 24:44 "for in such an hour as ye THINK NOT") , but it will not be correct.

The WHOLE POINT...is to be spiritually READY.

It again, to emphasize the point..

It's like the case with the thief in the night. One is asleep, he is not prepared (spiritually ready).

But another person, he decides, wait, I know he's coming tonight, but I don't know the EXACT HOUR. He stays up, he IS WATCHING, he's watching throughout the whole night, for "THAT HOUR", he is prepared, he is spiritually ready. The thief MAY come at ...midnight, or cockcrowing...or morning...

The point is : HE'S AWAKE, WATCHFUL AND SOBER.

HE'S READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Do you feel that it is coming now? Or starting? Or, do we still have time? I was recently "awoken" and even left my church because of it. I had been attending an Episcopal church. I still appreciate the Episcop[al faith - very liberal, open, and loving, but things all of a sudden seemed too complicated. I had started getting this feeling that things needed to be brought back to basics, starting with church and continuing with learning how to take care of ourselve, i.e. become self-sufficient.

I am now attending "church" with a group of people wwho feel the same way about how complicated the "structure" of church has become... so we now are attempting to experience Christ with eachother the way the apostles might have shortly after Jesus' death... before "structure" was introduced. It feels so right to me.

I've also been studying prophecy, but I am a novice. I hope that I can prepare myself and my family in time.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Locoman8
-This speaks of the Catholic Church which is based in Rome at the Vatican.

Another 'the Catholic Church is the Beast' post.
Just FYI - The Vatican and Vatican City are NOT on the 7 hills of Rome.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Another interesting 'hidden' characteristic of not knowing the day nor the hour is that Messianic Jews believe the Rapture will occur during the Jewish fall Feast of Rosh HaShana (also called the Feast of Trumpets, as well as other Jewish cultural titles), a celebration they also refer to as The Day That No Man Knows, which will occur at the blowing of the last trumpet (not related to the final Seventh Judgement Trumpet, which actually ushers in the final of the three Judgements in Revelation, the Seven Bowl Judgements).

As this Feast is a two-day celebration, and there are 24 time zones across the globe, it is still literally impossible to know exactly which day or which hour the return would be, even if somehow we could determine the exact year it would take place. I suspect the event might likely correspond with the Middle Eastern Jewish time zone, but I don't yet see how anyone could actually know this.

As the Christ was Jewish, and followed Jewish customs, to accurately discern the end-time Prophetic Sciptures' deeper meanings, one must study to some degree the Jewish Festivals, which the bible teaches that Jesus honored approximately 2000 years ago.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
What I am interested in learning more about is this passage right here.

"4.The woman was arrayed in PURPLE AND SCARLET, AND ADORNED WITH GOLD AND PRECIOUS STONES AND PEARLS, HAVING IN HER HAND A GOLDEN CUP FULL OF ABOMINATIONS AND THE FILTHINESS OF HER FORNICATION."

Notes about this passage.

It is about the "Scarlet woman"
The bibles description of the scarlet woman has many parallels to the Statue of Liberty, which is also said to be a personification of Isis.
Aleister Crowley the self proclaimed "Beast" had about 6 "scarlet women"

Aleister Crowley and Pauline Pierce took part in a secret sex ritual called "Como erotos lucidity" about nine months later Barbara Bush was suppposedly born to Pauline Pierce, ironically enough it was about the same time period of Crowley s death.

If you can solve this mystery you get a gold star!

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Just to add to what I was saying, sort of repeating...

Yes, it's true, that "hour" need not come like a thief in the night.
The reason it does not come (to the children of light) like a thief in the night is because they are UP ALL "NIGHT" WATCHING. In other words, they know by other signs, that it is very soon, but to pinpoint the "hour" (and by implication the day), does not seem to be possible.

So, let's say the 3 1/2 have begun. We can know when that happens, because we know the Two Witnesses will witness during that time. The whole world will be aware of them, they will be Global News!

It's interesting, but people don't realize this one aspect of their ministry (being visible WORLDWIDE). When the KJV bible was written, the translators looked at that verse in Revelation, that said THE WHOLE WORLD will look on their dead bodies. They thought, well...how could this be possible? They could see it meant everybody on planet earth, but they couldn't understand it, how it would be possible.

But then TV was invented. :-)

So this verse will be fulfilled EXACTLY LIKE IT STATES. There will be some global telecast, it will be on CNN, it will be on all news channels everywhere.The WHOLE WORLD WILL GAZE ON THEIR DEAD BODIES!

Just like scripture foretold.

Back to what I was say...this event will be one of the markers for the start of the 3 1/2 years. So now the question is this...can we say that at the last day, that Christ will come on that day, and in those hours??

From looking at all the verses, at this point I would say no. He will come maybe a day or two EARLY or maybe a day or two "LATE"....

One possibility (I honestly don't think so, but it's possible), that if we take a day = year principle, and apply that to an hour, we get about 15 days. So it's possible, may (again, I don't think so), that "The Hour" may span, or occur within 15 day, or at the end of 15 days.

MAYBE.

It will be the final test of faith for all true Christians living.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptionToChoose
Another interesting 'hidden' characteristic of not knowing the day nor the hour is that Messianic Jews believe the Rapture will occur during the Jewish fall Feast of Rosh HaShana (also called the Feast of Trumpets, as well as other Jewish cultural titles), a celebration they also refer to as The Day That No Man Knows, which will occur at the blowing of the last trumpet (not related to the final Seventh Judgement Trumpet, which actually ushers in the final of the three Judgements in Revelation, the Seven Bowl Judgements).

Yes, this is another aspect I was going to mention but ran out of time, in my original posts.

The reason the hour (in my opinion) is not given, and will not be known, is to not allow any type of "death bed repentance". God wants you to be ever ready and vigilant always. Not to party for x amount of years, and at the last minute "repent" the week before.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
SirPaul, I want to thank you for helping me along in this explanation. Some people just don't understand. I do want to correct you in a way though. You mentioned 2 1/2 years of peace before the final day (year) when God's wrath is poured out. It's true that the final day of the Lord is the final year of tribulation but the peace treaty between the EU and Israel will last for 3 1/2 years until the beast enters the temple and claims to be higher than God himself, thus the start of the final 3 1/2 years which is also the 1260 days the witnesses prophecy. They will be killed 3 1/2 days prior to the return of Christ as the dead carcases lay on the ground for the world to see. Everyone will celebrate as these two witnesses were causing plagues to come upon the non-christians. After 3 1/2 days, the two will be risen from the dead as the rapture takes place on the hour of the Lord's return. That's right.... the rapture is POST TRIBULATION!!! Tim Lahaye has it all wrong. Just read Matthew 24 verses 29 - 31.

29. "Immediately AFTER the TRIBULATION of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.
30. "THen the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
31. "And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together HIS ELECT from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other."

That was another misunderstanding I wanted to clarify. Scripture tells you that all who are living in that time will endure the tribulation. There's a fantasy idea about a Pre-Tribulation Rapture where faithful christians are to disappear out of the blue just before the tribulation happens, yet there is no scripture to back that theory up.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

I don't know a lot about the statue of Liberty or who Lady Liberty really is but I do know that the Harlot Woman in Revelation is not a literal woman. It simply explains the corrupt ways of the Roman Catholic Church and how the Roman Empire fornicated with the church by allowing church-rule as there was in the "Holy Roman Empire of the early 5th century AD. The garments explain the fancy robes and such worn by the Pope and the Cardinals of the Catholic Church. That passage is a dead giveaway for the Roman Catholic Church. Some on this thread have already criticized me for this but let's look at facts. We know that God does not like the worship of any other gods or holidays dedicated to any pagan god. Christ is also clear about not giving higher authority to a church leader so lets look at the facts about the Roman Catholics, and some of these apply to the Protestant churches that adopted some of these traditions.

1. Catholics replaced the 7th day worship of Saturday to the 1st day worship of Sunday which is the day the pagans worship the sun god.
2. Catholics replaced the christian passover with the pagan holiday of easter which celebrates the pagan god and goddess of fertility (which is where we get the easter bunny-sign of fertility of a male- and the easter egg -sign of fertility of a female-).
3. Catholics created the holiday of Christmas as the birthday of Christ but the true origins of Christmas come from a pagan holiday worshiping the rise of the sun god after 3 days of the sun being at it's lowest point in the sky. The winter solstice marks the first day of the lowest point of the sun in the sky which is why the winter solstice is the shortest day of the year, (Dec. 21). December 25 is when the sun starts to rise again in the sky letting the ancient egyptians know that spring harvest was just around the corner.
4. Catholics created a chain-of-command in their church which was in violation of Christ's teachings. The only authority figures in christianity are God and Christ... father and teacher. Pope is the highest authority in the catholic religion and Pope actually means "human representation of Christ." Cardinals are the high priests of the Catholics and a catholic priest is addressed as "father". Read what Jesus says about this.....

Matthew 23 verses 5 - 12

5. "But all their works they do to be seen by men. They make their phylacteries broad and enlarge the borders of their garments.
6. "They love the best places at feasts, the best seats in the synagogues,
7. "greetings in the marketplaces, and to be called by men, 'Rabbi, Rabbi.'

-Rabbi is the hebrew word for teacher.

8. "But you, do not be called 'Rabbi'; for One is your Teacher, the Christ, and you are all brethren.
9. "Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven.

-Remember priests are addressed as "Father".

10. "And do not be called teachers; for One is your Teacher, the Christ.
11. "But he who is greatest among you shall be your servant.

-Meaning, the preacher is there to serve us the information as the apostles did. We don't serve them.

12. "And whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.

This is why churches in the south call each other "brother" or "sister" even the preachers. There is no high authority other than God and Christ. Some potestants have kept this aspect holy but most have not kept the saturday worship or the passover feast and still celebrate easter and christmas as christian holy days even though they are pagan holidays. This is why I am convinced the Harlot atop the 10 mountains is the revived Roman Empire through the Roman Catholic Church. I may be wrong but it seems more convincing than the Statue of Liberty or the U.S.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join