It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Less than 300 Air Marshalls on 28000 daily flights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Of the 28,000 commercial airline flights that take to the skies on an average day in the United States, fewer than 1 percent are protected by on-board, armed federal air marshals, a nationwide CNN investigation has found.

US Air Marshalls

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
According to this news it seems that 'someone' doesn't think that the planes are a priority anymore.

To me it's just another piece to the ever expanding puzzle of disinfo and misguidance being put out there by our esteemed leaders.

They keep stating how we are in such danger and dire need for protection from terrorists yet the only funding I really see going into effect is billions of dollars for the military presence overseas. So much for homeland security.

If indeed the administrations intentions were to fight terror I would think that securing more than 1% of our daily flights would be a top priority. Wait, there's no oil to be won in doing that. I guess that if indeed an air marshall were to stop a terrorist hijacking then it may mean less funding for an even bigger and newer war.

Just thought I would share this piece of news. Kind of sickens me when my kids and friends are constantly put in a state of fear by all of the terror talk and yet there are many things like this that point to the fact that the administration doesn't seem to truly believe the BS they are selling themselves.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Problem is with thousands of flights a day is physically impossible to
place air marshal on every flight. This is the all or nothing fallacy -
since we cant protect every flight means hijackers can always get through
we should not even try. Air marshals are assigned to flights based on
inteligence and defend the most likely targets - places like NY, Chicago,
LA, LAs Vegas, Miami. If the threat is considered serious several air
marshals will ride the flight. Add to that the volunteer militia on every
plane - because of 9/11 anyone trying to hijack plane gets a major league
beatdown....

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I hear you there. However, less than 1% seems to be a bit small when we consider the fact that we are quickly approaching the trillion dollar mark on this 'war on terror'.

Just 1% of that number would put marshalls on more than 60% of the daily flights. A much more comfortable level in this 'dire time of fear and terror!' (Sarcasm there. Sorry.)

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Quick Stats
# Airline Flts per day: 28,000

Airborne Right Now: 4988

Flights Protected by 2
Armed Pilots:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The principle is to inject uncertainty into the situation - hijackers will not
know if the plane they choose has air marshal or armed pilots on it.
While agree training and arming pilots, the pilot can only defend the
cockpit - can not control the cabin. Also the pilots are busy enough
trying to fly the plane and dont have time to watch the passengers
for any hijackers.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedman
The principle is to inject uncertainty into the situation - hijackers will not
know if the plane they choose has air marshal or armed pilots on it.

If the official account of 9/11 is any example, out of 4 planes, odds are you're going to be able to overtake at least 3 of them. Considering that's allegedly what happened on 9/11, what's changed today?

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Are we missing something here???

Of all the planes that fly DAILY, how many have been hijacked??? Hardly any!

The doctrine of having Air Marshalls is based on a false premise that four planes can be hijacked in a day and used as weapons. Garbage. Perhaps someone has some data on how many planes were hijacked over US soil before 911? As a percentage of all flights, it would barely rate as being noticable.

Air Marshalls were a knee-jerk reaction by the MSM and NWO to instill the fear that passengers needed to be policed, again, in a different way.

The MSM and NWO have created such a spin about terror and planes, that there's no need, EVER, for any more Air Marshalls. Anyone who ever tries anything on a plane will be smacked down by every passanger/crew capable of doing so. No flight will ever give in to the demands of a hijacker, as they won't want to end up allegedly smashing into a famous landmark.

Don't spend any more money on Air Marshalls, they're not needed, now that most plane passengers always have a 'what if' thought, when they board a plane. 'What if we get hijacked... I'll fight before I let them smash me up'.

Well done, MSM and NWO, you win again by expanding your police state with a slow breed of fear.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   

The doctrine of having Air Marshalls is based on a false premise that four planes can be hijacked in a day and used as weapons. Garbage. Perhaps someone has some data on how many planes were hijacked over US soil before 911? As a percentage of all flights, it would barely rate as being noticable.

Seem to have trouble distinguishing criminal conspiracy (9/11) vs
previous hijackings which were either carried out by nutjobs or
extortionists (DB Cooper). Since 9/11 have seen plot in UK broken
up which attempted to smuggle liquid explosives and bomb components
on planes to be assembled in flight - itself a refinement of Ramzi
Yousef plot. Terrorists for decades have targeted airlines for hostage
taking - on 9/11 added new dimension of using them as flying bombs.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   

If the official account of 9/11 is any example, out of 4 planes, odds are you're going to be able to overtake at least 3 of them. Considering that's allegedly what happened on 9/11, what's changed today?

Prior to 9/11 were no air marshals (actually less than 2 dozen), pilots
could not carry weapons, flight crew forbidden from taking any action
against hijackers, passengers the same. Theory was if hijacked dont
do anything to antagonize the hijackers - idea was plane be flown
to some airport and hijackers make demands. Police would negociate
with hijackers. 9/11 added new dimension - passengers were excess
if not in the way - object was the plane.

join