It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Mistakenly Sends Missile Parts To Taiwan!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Bush calls fuse delivery a mistake

Oh really?

Perhaps the US wants to arm Taiwan in case the Chinese military oversteps their bounds...I think that's more likely. We have missile defense sites aimed at Russia, I'm sure its the same way with China (and nukes).

President Bush, addressing an embarrassing flap that has strained U.S.-China relations, told Chinese President Hu Jintao on Wednesday that the shipment of nuclear missile fuses to Taiwan was a mistake.
The president's national security adviser, Stephen Hadley, said the matter came up when Bush called Hu.

"It came up very briefly," Hadley told reporters. "Basically, the president indicated that a mistake had been made. There was very little discussion about it."

The U.S. military's mistaken delivery to Taiwan of electrical fuses for an intercontinental ballistic missile has raised concerns over U.S.-China ties. It has also triggered a broad investigation into the security of Pentagon weapons.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

I think we already arm Taiwan. Don't we sell them their aircraft, etc?

Right now, there are some supply weenies in the USAF looking to get new jobs at "Pick N Pay" shoe store.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Yeah we are an ally of the Taiwanese. I don't think they had ballistic missiles with nuclear warheads, not until now anyway

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Oh, THAT kind of "arming". Nope, I doubt we give them nukes.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join