It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If these guys believe that Pokemon exist....

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enrikez
This is all tongue in cheek stuff.

The administrators and contributors of that site are mostly trolls themselves, set up to fool some other troll group no doubt.

There are the two websites pokeclipse and digiclipse and they have set up (by the same people) two fake message boards and set them against each other.

I'm sure one member will post the link to the other troll group, have an influx of traffic and mass bannings then turn around and claim pwnage that they, in fact, trolled the trolls.

Trust me.

I just wanted to point out that I was right. I've been around the block and even been a part of a few trolling groups myself (only admitted on ATS). Next time, when I say 'trust me' please trust me.

Pokeclipse is in fact a community started by trollers, every last one. A few 'true believers' came in. These trollers were a conglomerate of some /v/s and a few /b/s. The origional intent was to build a healthy and active community, gain some legetimacy through post counts and manipulation of join dates. If picking up some legit members for 'lolz', 'added bonus'.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

This is all tongue in cheek stuff.

The administrators and contributors of that site are mostly trolls themselves, set up to fool some other troll group no doubt.

There are the two websites pokeclipse and digiclipse and they have set up (by the same people) two fake message boards and set them against each other.

I'm sure one member will post the link to the other troll group, have an influx of traffic and mass bannings then turn around and claim pwnage that they, in fact, trolled the trolls.

Trust me.

I just wanted to point out that I was right. I've been around the block and even been a part of a few trolling groups myself (only admitted on ATS). Next time, when I say 'trust me' please trust me.

Pokeclipse is in fact a community started by trollers, every last one. A few 'true believers' came in. These trollers were a conglomerate of some /v/s and a few /b/s. The origional intent was to build a healthy and active community, gain some legetimacy through post counts and manipulation of join dates. If picking up some legit members for 'lolz', 'added bonus'.

Well, I admit to having been played into believeing these people were totally nuts. There are some seriously crazy people around however so i'm not suprised that so many people took the bait

[edit on 5-4-2008 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
LMAO! I just went to that website. I think that UFO's have a little more merit than pokemon. UFO research has been going on for decades, close to a century. Pokemon research is, well....shutting my mouth for this one. Good find though. Very hilarious.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I would side with those that believe that this is some kind of elaborate internet joke or hoax (some message board members have pittoresque habits, I see that gamefaqs was mentioned and it is infamous for this kind of things, I would know: I spent quite a lot of time there in some of the most random and insane corners).

I would even go further and maybe postulate that it was tought as some sort of parody of religious and conspirationist boards (and even... ATS), hence the striking similarities with some of the discussions that may go down here. Indeed I do find that the joke has merits there but then again I am just a poor disinfo agent

[edit on 9-4-2008 by Laeke]

Edit for typos...

Oh. Well, the thing's been confirmed as some sort of Internet joke, obviously.
I would say this was a worthwhile effort.

[edit on 9-4-2008 by Laeke]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Pokemon Exist somewhere in this world we'll find em soon enough and Catch em all!!

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
If pokemanz was real it would be so awesome XD
i wanna be a pokemon trainnerrrr

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
After looking at this thread I decided to search and find if others tough the same about ATS and I found it in encyclopediadramatica.com/Above_Top_Secret
To some ATS is not much different than the people who believe in Pokémon.
They even have tips on how to troll us, check it out.
encyclopediadramatica.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
For us, Pokemon are very real. More real than you can ever imagine. We KNOW they are out there, and they know that we are here.

posted on Jan, 23 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bumr055

wow so you have ANY evidence? or is this complete speculation. pokemon? honestly.

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
A discussion forum about if Pokemon exist? Sounds like ATS for kids.

Second line

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
IM JOINING THAT FORUM!!!!!!!

I just looked through that forum for a little bit and it turns out its completely dead and it wasnt even seriously claiming that pokemon exist. It was just an inside joke among a bunch of pokemon fans.

[edit on 24-1-2010 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
If the Weekly World News had an online forum I would expect to see the same threads and discussions that are posted here. I see no difference between the Pokemon is real forum, the Flat Earth Society and ATS, they are all intended for entertainment.

Just an example - Illuminati rule to end this year, maybe even this week

This was recently posted on ATS but it sounds like something from TheOnion.com!

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
I'm sorry,but that site is just way too funny.

ROTF, I cant really breath, i cant!

posted on Jan, 24 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
that link was a good laugh indeed

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Just to clarify, that board was a huge trollin operation we had achieved. Nothing on that site was relevant or real, except for the people who thought it was. We first made the board to troll a digimon site that seemed to really believe the "digi-world" existed by means of the internet and the evolution of the computer. So yea, looks like the board expanded to ATS, don't know weither or not to feel proud or what. But alas, it was a joke site, nothing more. -

TDark

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I think it means there are some really blank & simple minds in the world who sit in front of their gaming devices way too much and need to get out of the house and do something else.

"Kidnapped" by Pokeman?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDark
Just to clarify, that board was a huge trollin operation we had achieved. Nothing on that site was relevant or real, except for the people who thought it was. We first made the board to troll a digimon site that seemed to really believe the "digi-world" existed by means of the internet and the evolution of the computer. So yea, looks like the board expanded to ATS, don't know weither or not to feel proud or what. But alas, it was a joke site, nothing more. -

TDark

"Nothing on that site was relevant or real, except for the people who thought it was."

Yes, well that's the scary part, isn't it? That some people thought it was real?

And for all you people that don't believe Pokemon are real, I just have to ask you the question I'm usually on the receiving end of (instead of the giving end like now):

Don't you have an open mind?

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Trolls or not, I wish Pokemon were real!

I'd love to have my own adorable Pikachu or Squirtel(sp?)!

Perhaps Team Rocket stole all the Pocket Monsters on the planet, and that's why theyr'e so hard to find.

posted on Jan, 25 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I wanted to be the best there ever was,to beat all the rest, that's my cause and for all those that don't believe ..my Mudkipz ..begs to differ..sometimes you have to believe really hard..even when everyone else says you are crazy..you just stick your fingers in your ears and shout NANANA and believe HARDER....and then ..and only then will you find your pokemon.

Mudkipz

[edit on 25-1-2010 by Itachimaru]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join