It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If these guys believe that Pokemon exist....

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Well, I have lurked on ATS for a long time now and occasionally have been tempted to join and reply but resisted for one reason or another. Much like a previous poster in this thread I couldn't resist this time.

You can believe it or not but the fact remains that there are people out there that do believe that pokemon exist. There are also a few that believe that they can acquire powers that are used in Dragonball Z and other anime. Beyond that there is a huge (and growing community of other-kin (google it). If you think believing in pokemon is odd you really should compare that to other-kin.

In short I have two points my first is that a belief in Pokemon being real is no different at all than a belief in any other unsubstantiated claim. Hard core rationalists would put the belief in the same box with ALL world religions, mysticism and spirituality. The fact that it is a cartoon only makes it less palatable to some and moreso to others.

This feeds into my second point. It's a cartoon. With an very deep backstory and world. Hundreds of creatures and characters. Pokemon exist to represent concepts as well as forces in the cosmology. I think most of us here can agree that any sufficiently detailed work of fiction can't help but have a certain amount of underlying cultural/archtypical themes. How do you differential when an indigenous tribal shaman calls to Erzulie or prays to Mary to alleviate the drought and the belief that summoning your water pokemon will make it rain?

Kids are swamped with a glut of information on the internet and in the media. They aren't as adept at sorting it all as adults. Look at their little lives and beliefs as a small version of a greater whole. It wasnt long ago when much of the world believed in a spirit in every tree and storm. In a protecting angel to help and fight for you.

As a side note, the forum you are looking at was swamped and invaded on the 22nd by two seperate other groups that have fun finding places like that on the internet and trolling them. Hence the HUGE influx of posts and post count on that day and after.

Thanks for reading my opinion and I am happy to be formally involved here.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Wow. Those people have really awakened me.

I was a Pokatheist before but they have opened my eyes to the Pokelight. I shall turn back from the dark path of the Digimon, I reject the teachings of the Neopets. My sould forever lies in the Pokeworld.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Heh, for those ATS'ers about to rock, we... well you
were there, you know what you said.
But I digress.... in this dress.

To foil this thread, maybe we should use the Scooby-Doo
ending, yer know... diddle-doo, diddle-doo, diddle-doo.

Humph! and I'd have got away with it if wasn't for you
pesky kids.

It's time Al.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Even though there were a few immature remarks in this thread, I felt like I needed to bump this and add my personal view on this.

I think that Christianity and Pokemon can be combined into one. If we assume that Arceus has created the universe, we can assume that he is God. Maybe it is the same god as being talked about in the bible, maybe not. However, in the case that he is (which is pretty likely), we have one question to ask ourselves: Who was Jesus Christ? Since we can assume Arceus is Sterile, Jesus can't be his own son- it must've been a metaphor. Jesus was probably someone close to Arceus.

That can only mean one thing.

Jesus knows Pokemon. Maybe that is why he was crucified- maybe he tried to show the Romans what Pokemon were like? In that case- why are the Pokemon never mentioned in the bible? Because they scared people. Back then, the Romans didn't realize how wonderful Pokemon really are. So they turned them into human beings when they wrote down the story of Jesus Christ. My conclusion:
The disciples were Pokemon.

If we conclude this from the Bible, you can see it's easy to combine Christianity and Pokemon.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!! my whole life now makes sence. I think maybe my wife is a pokemon, or mayb my son is. Thank the lord I have found this wonderful pearl of wisdom. I can now die a happy, educated, man.

(note sarcasim)

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
did they save PeeeKoooCHOOOOO yet? from the Russian ADHD medicine testing>?

Or is he still on level 3 with the Seredded Anal probes?

Pokemon would be more real as a form of Genetic engineering then a alternate realm..... I could believe them to be created more so then they already exsisting.... think about that as a weapon....

Pokeballs are lil nano incubators, an when they hatch they feast apon the souls of kids ( IE trainers ) they need to be collected by all so they can live off the human kids. an steal all their bellybutton lint to complete their mass weapon of mass disruction that bush was looking for instead the russians have it inside pokeworld....

Man an I thought watching Quantum Leap was confusing..... was a great damn show thoe.... AL Im ready to leap!

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Whats the point of this thread, are you implying or trying to 'lump' everyone together and tie us all into the same people that believe pokemon exists irl?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by battlestargalactica
Whats the point of this thread, are you implying or trying to 'lump' everyone together and tie us all into the same people that believe pokemon exists irl?

LOL, even I, the most beloved sceptic on ATS would agree the comparison is unjustified. UFOs are real, are aliens real? We don't know, but their existance is definetelly a possibility. Strong possibility.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Has any one here played any rpg type game at all ? You really get into the game. Pokemon is a rpg type game. I played the first one that came out for the game boy color. beat it too.. tho not with all the Pokemon. but this is for the ds. now if your playing this and after a point you get really into the game and have alot of time invested into it. what if the programmers put things into the game to give the players messages from the digital side to mess with the people. it could be a time release hack so people would start getting these "messages" around the same time but only if you have played it for so long.

This would really mess with people.
There is a game omicron the nomad soul. The game starts up and a guy jumps
through a portal and says that the game is just a gate way to his world and if
you help him and go through the porthole your soul will go with him to his world.
if you die in his world you die in yours. so bla bla bla your playing the game and
running around and then a demon jumps out and grabs your character and then looks at the screen and starts talking to you saying that you think this is a game. some other things, its been awhile but my point is how many games that
people play give the player interaction outside the normal boarders of game play ? this would add allot of more realism to the game that what is there in the first place.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Interesting thing to bring up chibihogoshino. The game mentions that it can bring a soul through to the world of pokemon. The foundation for the games mechanics are eastern elemental earth air fire water leaf(wood) and there is quite a bit of repetition of names or chanting (pika!pika!)

So while I dont believe that the pokemon are hiding under my bed whats to say the excessive exposure to core mystical ideas combined with chanting of names and long meditative hours of study hasn't helped a few of these people access different levels of consciousness? Primitive undirected techno-shamanism? Passing the magic mirror to the realm of the Loa? Entering a hyperdimensional zero point to converse with the elves there? In fact I believe we do have quite a few posts in other sections talking about Indigo children...

Some believe that 'aliens' are extra dimensional entities. That as the world changes so do they. If they were elves and Sylphs in the middle ages and greys and nordics in the past hundred years whats to say they aren't being influenced by millions of youthful impressionable minds and starting to appear in those forms as well.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Nah guys Peekachu is real, he lives in Toon Town with Roger Rabbit.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I figured I should bump this with an update.

It was a massive troll.

z9.invisionfree.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Very awesome. I must admit my willingness to believe that people will believe anything got the best of me on this one.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tibris
I figured I should bump this with an update.

It was a massive troll.

z9.invisionfree.com...

That thread was so full of immaturity it was almost unreadable. Damn confusing! lol

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Thanks guys for keeping it going.
I reallly know what the saying means now...
never leave a comrade behind.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I thought it was common knowledge 99.9% of ats is just far out, borderline delusional stuff with 0.1% grain of truth to some posts.

There are some really good threads here but they are rare tbh.

A lot of stuff here does not even follow a noticable flow of logic

PS.I believed in pokemoon too!

for about 16 seconds when I first saw something about them as a kid

Can we make a threat about the most annoying type sof threads on ats, could be a laugh.

"can you see a cow in a cloud too?" type of posts, pattern recognition stuff.

"can you see an alien in the 4 pixels out of an image that I blew up to 512x512 and then saved as a maximum compressed jpeg file too?"

for starters but there sure is more

Nice find though, everyone should take a look at that page and take a lesson or 2 from it.

[edit on 28/3/2008 by David2012]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
It wouldn't suprise me if they do exist. I've experienced interdimentional beings who can transform into whatever shape they please.
It's amazing how many people didn't understand the first line of this thread.

[edit on 28/3/08 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
What amazes me is that this thread is still going on....

Well I guess if people buy all the crap the bible and koran spew out, why should I be suprised about this pokemon garbage. Seriously these people have got to be mentally ill, or just attention whores.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwatcher

Well I guess if people buy all the crap the bible and koran spew out, why should I be suprised about this pokemon garbage. Seriously these people have got to be mentally ill, or just attention whores.

And it amazes me how many comments come on this thread who have obviously not read this threads comments. Nobody is believing this in this thread!? And yesterday we found out that the owners of the forum just announced that they were faking everything all along.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwatcher

Well if you want to take the topic in that direction I suppose we can. If biological forms evolve then why cant mental or spiritual constructs? Looking at the history of "spirituality" or even just thought, you can see an evolution of sorts.

Doesn't this thread cut to the core of what conspiracy theory as a concept itself is all about? Mans desire to explain through any means connections that he forms based on random input from an otherwise chaotic world outside his skull? HTe fact that the 'pokemon' world is so complex makes it appealing for minds looking for answers and not to say it ranks the same as anything else but UFO's and galactic empires and reptilian blood-drinking overlords subverting masonry to establish a NWO appeal to some people for the same reason.

The difference? I have seen plausible images of UFO's. I have heard plausible testimony from reliable people concerning more 'mainstream' theories. I will give the benefit of the doubt to pokemon type theories and even if they are wrong or hoax's and i learn nothing new about extraterrestrial creatures and how they behave, I learn about something just important.

I learn about terrestrial creatures and what makes them tick.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
All I know is when I make that final leap (the next leap) home
Im' gonna take off my shoes and socks then walk around
on the rug barefoot, and make fists with my toes.
Yes sir, better than a shower and a hot cup of coffee.

And that Ziggy got a freaking lot to answer for...
Al was in Beverly Hills Cop II... did you know that?
And Jamie Lee Curtis did the narration at the beginning
of Escape From New York.

Oh Boy.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join