It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If these guys believe that Pokemon exist....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I dont get it, really I just dont get pokemon at all, I have watched the show a bazillion times, as well as many of the movies about the same and I just dont get it.

Maybe it is because I am a girl, Im not THAT old, they were just appearing when i was in middle school or maybe early high school, I think.

We have had to institute a ban on pokemon cartoons and movies at our house.
My mild mannered well behaved child first put his head through a screen door being Bulbacheekasaur or some such other crap. Then he bit another kid while "battling" at recess. He didnt bite hard or out of aggression they were playing pokemon, but still he bit someone!!!

I also have an issue with him going on and on and on about pokemon and me not having a freakin clue what he is talking about...it might sound mean but its just quite possibly the most annoying thing around these days for boys age 6 and up or so.

Deeper than that though it seems to be almost addictive, and it seems to cause obssesive need to collect and talk about and on and on all things pokemon while promoting a senseless violent and utterly non intelligent show and mindset. The get one ticket a day at school for being good helpers, listeners etc, and sometimes an extra one of they do something awesome like clean all the paintbrushes or vacuum or help another kid out who is having a hard time of it.
He will save up to buy a single pokemon card which costs 10 tickets. That can sometimes take close to three weeks...because as a 7 yr old boy quiet and attentive arent his strong points!
for 4 tickets he could have a hot wheels, for 8 he could have a cool dinosaur or action figure but he will spend 10 on a piece of paper you cant really do anything with

He still has those damn expensive cards, and always wants to "play" but the problem with that is he is making up the game and the powers and the rules. Therefore it makes no sense and he always wins and I honestly would really rather spend an hour or two playing anything but that, or possibly watching the grass grow.
I try to talk him into go-fish, or a building something or to go outside and do stuff instead, but do occassionaly get sucked into a long and ongoing game of nonsense words and Fire Attack! Electric Attack! Evolve!!
WHAT DOES IT EVEN MEAN.....that is the problem actually it is totally meaningless unless you spend hours involved in the whole "realm" of pokemon.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I haven't read all the pages, but It didn't take me a long time to see that this pokemon site is a fake site, probably made so everyone clicks on the adds on the forum. Notice 95% of the members joined the 22nd of this month, and like posted 1200 messages in 3 days.
And now ATS is promoting his fake website ...

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   
My teacher says that Pokemon is basically Cock fighting. But instead of roosters you got those baby dinosaurs and cats.

he thinks it's traditionally implemented in children to fight their animals against another just to beat his friend.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Wow! Bigwhammy... is that real?
I mean I'm only 42 yrs old and though I collect the
Pokeman cards etc. I had never for once thought
they were real.

I suppose it all makes sense now, Ufo's are real 'cos
people have pictures and videos of 'em, Pikachoo and
friends exist because it's on YouTube and of course,
nobody on ATS lies.

I finally found the Holy Grail... the chalice of truth,
Thank you fellow ATS'ers.

There's... er, I don't mean to intrude, there's also Godzilla
to think about, where does it hide when it's not on the
tel-e-vision?
I'm waiting for someone to step forward and tell me Sly
Stallone and Arnie Swart... Arnie Swazt... Terminator is real.
Sheesh! kids today with their hair and clothes... and of course,
that darn Rock-and-Roll.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This thread still going? Maybe the energizer bunny is real and it keeps it going..and going.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Well I for one am interested in where these
Pokemon creatures live, I mean somebody
here... somebody who may have filmed
Pikachoos in their natural habitat, can now
present ATS'ers with the real info.

I'm looking forward to the day when I
see that Slipknot have REAL faces, when
Lee Oswald is admonished for just liking
Cuba suger and when we can safely say
'thank goodness there's a monster in Loch
Ness, the tourist trade was terrible there
until it swam up the Caledonian canal.

Oh and praise be to the guys who made the
canal as well... erm yeah thanks.

[edit on 26-3-2008 by IronMan]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
No, extraterrestrial life is far more greater of a belief than a stupid cult classic from the 90's which I would like to forget as much as possible as the next man. In this case there is a division between real and not real, science and stupidity, and real people and losers. For one thing I don't think they have seen a Poke'mon before or anyone has in any place, but people have seen either a ground walker or a UFO in their lifetime. You may be curious as to what a ground walker is, it simply is a extraterrestrial who has left his ship either from a crash or a scouting mission. To get back to the point, Poke'mon in real form is not a real phenomenon and UFOs are. These people just have to grow up and see that these things are a figment of their imaginations and are drawings on a piece of paper. It is just silly to think about them. UFOs and ET's are definitely real compared to anything I have seen yet out of normal bounds. I myself have witnessed a ground walker lurking in my backyard around my garbage cans as I was about 6ft away from it. The funny thing is we were both scared of each other and well he made the first move and ran like an Olympian runner jumping over each fence precisely until out of view. You see this is an example of an okay belief and I think we doing a good thing here discussing them, its not a bad thing at all.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Ok that has gone too far. Ive been lurking here for a good half year and this made me join. I think theres a couple scenarios that this fits.
1- They made it to trick people like us.
2- The original created wanted to make people believe there is a world.
3- They actually believe everything.

The think that sets us apart from them is that they have 0 evidence. We have many pictures, videos, and even top secret stuff related to ET's. I believe that they are younger kids. Like somebody said earlier, If they want to believe its real they will.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Oh Lord have mercy!! apparently Slipknot
DO have faces and are just regular guys,
earning a wage and entertaining the lost...
well I never. Hmmm, actually I HAVE never...
well that's another tale.

So it seems by browsing the postings here,
that Pokemon creatures don't really exist and
it was just some succesful marketing and
re-hashing of a old theme on card collecting that
made it a world-wide phenomena.
Well I never! (I won't go there again)

So that leaves me with captured Grays on YouTube
and fuzzy dancing lights on here.
Sheesh at this rate, somebody's gonna say aliens
ain't real soon!

[edit on 26-3-2008 by IronMan]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
This thread still going? Maybe the energizer bunny is real and it keeps it going..and going.

Why do you keep posting in this thread, you keep complaining that there are replies here, but your actually adding to the replies lol. Hypocrite?

No offence, I just found it funny, hehe.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

People believe in god and that's okay, in ghosts and aliens and thats okay, but we can't believe in Pokemon?! It's not fair at all!
(Source: Pokeclipse)

Some folks are too ignorant to accept the truth. They're so far into their own bed of illusions which they've made by living in a fantasy world of their own for too long that they can no longer have any grasp on reality and are unable to cope with the existence of the actual truths which make up the fundamentals of the universe and its workings.

They're just deluded. They don't know that they're only slowing us down on our quest to transcend the physical and enter a greater reality. It's almost sad.
(Source: Pokeclipse)

The IRONY

This topic turns out to be more fun that I expected. Just look at this thread, and what kind of responses are attracted. Some funny jokes, and other with fierce reactions, like requests for lock-downs, trying to explain that ATS is all scientific etc, seriously the similarities are much closer than one might think. Hey don't get me wrong, I don't think ATS is full of delusional people like the Pokeclipse members, this do make me even more skeptical about the outright claims by people in ATS

And while we are at it anyhow, let's play a game, it's called, "Find the differences":

GAME:

This is nonsense. Are ATS members all 12 years old? this thread has 13 flags and so many reply's. I mean come on this is a joke right? how does this relate to anything UFO or Aliens. Come on guys. We all know Pokemon is a cartoon right?

Yes. it's a bunch of losers who think Pokemon are real. And someone is trying to compare those losers to us because we believe in aliens.

There's a difference. I've met with aliens..and not with cartoon characters...there's no single evidence or pictures or videos about pokemon.

saying that, the Mods should lock this thread just for being silly.

Look in this thread of Pokeclipse:
z9.invisionfree.com...

You guys find yourselves very cool, right? Well, better this way. You can play a lot here, i don't care. Just leave us alone.

We don't need you trolling our foruns. You may not beleieve, but soon, we're going to the digimon world, you'll see it. And then, we'll be laughing at you.

Digimons are real, you believe it or not.

Requesting ban!

In child's fiction. What are you, eight? Pokemon are the way of the future and have always been. Always will be. Give up your facade and meet your destiny as a pokemon master before it's too late.

Ps. My apologies if anyone feel offended by this post, but it is just too hilarious and stunning to see the similarities.

[edit on 26/3/08 by IchiNiSan]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
lol! That site is pretty disturbing. But as someone else said, they seem to be pretty young.. let's hope they grow out of it! Dodgy stuff indeed.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Dude, what is your problem? This thread is not supporting that pokemon exist!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
AAAAH! According to this thread, it's the Russians and there's a poke portal in Venice, Italy. That site is hilarious, I might just join to screw around with them a little bit lol.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I simply cannot believe that this thread has been allowed to continue this far. It has absolutely NOTHING to do with UFOs or Aliens, and is in fact detracting from the discussion of relevant topics in THIS forum.

In reality, this entire thread reads as nothing more than a 'personal attack' on every single poster at ATS all at once. It's antithetical to the site's design and purpose.

Seriously, does ANYONE actually think there is some sort of valid comparison to be made here? This pokeclipse site is a fake. It's not even a real discussion board. That was enunciated on in page 1 of this thread. It's an ad site, built to get people to see ads, and capitalizing on the popularity of a kids show in order to do it. It's sick in and of itself, but to have it invade ATS, a place where IGNORANCE is supposed to be DENIED...

I'm astounded.

No offense to the OP, I'm sure you had the best of intentions with asking your original question comparing ATS members to these fake online personas masquerading as a real children's forum. But the question has been answered several times by several dedicated ATS users who come here to debate Aliens and UFOs. There is no comparison between a real apple and a plastic apple.

Will someone please deny this ignorance from being bumped again?

-WFA

p.s. I'm personally VERY SORRY for bumping this thread as a byproduct of my post here. I just couldn't take seeing it anymore, and HAD to comment.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by WitnessFromAfar

BUMP.

Oops sorry, I thought this was in the right section. If pokemon exists, they may actually be aliens, I.E not from this world. Sorry, but as silly as this subject may seem, I don't see ANY harm in having a discussion about it.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Really? Cause I've done actual field work in a case that actually pertains to a real documented unidentified flying object, but instead of having other ATS members engage in debate about this real UFO case, we're all here talking about Pokemon. Oops, no sorry, we're all here talking about a FAKE site that is using Pokemon as a merchandising engine.

But yeah, no harm at all. Not to the site's purpose or anything. Nope, you're totally right, how could I have been so naive? You're right, this is totally relevent to UFOs and Aliens. Maybe if we're lucky this thread will keep us from debating the real reasons we're all here for another week!

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by WitnessFromAfar

Isn't this a discussion forum?

And no it WASN'T a personal attack against anyone, I was only pointing out similarities - I personally believe in aliens so don't jump to conclusions.

Anyway, I think this thread has run its course as obviously people are starting to get angry.

Please can a mod end the thread.

[edit on 26-3-2008 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

People believe in god and that's okay, in ghosts and aliens and thats okay, but we can't believe in Pokemon?! It's not fair at all!

Just out of curiosity, with a heaped teaspoon of salt!

Is it only me that feels this person may have a point? It may be fun and games to laugh and ridicule but it should boil down to this persons beliefs (presuming the individual is posting sincerely). I mean to me the Bible is far fetched, yet it is seen as acceptable to believe. Perhaps my point is in the wrong context, yet I don't see how it can be justified to laugh at one persons beliefs and not another.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
One day, when ancient knowledge is released, you will all know the secret.

"WHATEVER YOU CAN THINK OF, IS REAL."

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join