It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If these guys believe that Pokemon exist....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Can anyone help me ? I'm looking for the Simpsons are real forum

seriously this is messed up

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Here is a dandy thread where they discuss if cow meat in the Pokemon universe tastes the same as cow meat in our universe, and wonder what a Pokemon would taste like...

z9.invisionfree.com...

I would think it's safe to assume they taste remarkably similar to their similar counterparts in this world. So Tauros meat would probably taste like bull (or maybe buffalo?), Miltank would be like hamburger, and so on...

And I wouldn't want to eat a Pokemon unless it was put down humanely. I don't think I could live with myself, otherwise.

ROTFLMFAO!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Well...the way i see it is this, being the conspiracy theorist that I am....

A three day old forum with over 5000 posts on it is either....

- An import from another board that went bust...
- A huge mickey-take
- A phishing expedition for IP addresses.

As for the comparison with UFO cases, its not the same. I don't see Pokemon being observed by airforce pilots, leaving ground traces, being videoed etc.

Just my observation. Make if it what you will

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by zero_cool1990

Yea! And digimon too

I used to watch both shows when I was younger but to actually believe that they are real..

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
Oh give them some credit guys, its clearly an RPG sort of site where they pretend to believe in pokemon being real.

Surely nobody is that deluded to think that they actually exist!

If it is, and these are the sorts of people that are allowed to vote in elections, i think it may point to what is wrong in our society today.

I'm with you -- I bet 99% of the people on that board are just having a little fun...even that YouTube video seemed very "tongue-in-cheek".

However, it's the 1% of the believers that I worry about (but then again, I sometimes come across people on ATS that seem to have no grip on reality.)

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Well really Pokemon?

Well I'll put my Yu-Gi-Oh monsters against them any day.

Bring it pikachu!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I love threads like this...It proves that crazy as I am, there are people out there that make even a deranged redneck like me look normal.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
LOL... If there just role playing, why try so hard to prove it?

They d have a point tho, digimon is fake
.. I'm just hoping know one believes and ruins a good record player

The funny this is a set a self record.. I managed to get banned from their site before a single post, ooww, I'm proud.
My name was 'MoreConvincingLessBanning' I found it hilariously that I got banned almost instantaneously without even posting... Okay that sounds bad saying it was a record, but my old record for forum banning was NOT getting banned ever lol.

EDIT: I never read any disclaimer when registering lol... It would probably help with their 'troll problem' a bit lol, not to mention kids tkaing it too seriously.

[edit on 3/25/2008 by Bumr055]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I dont know whats more frightening, the possiblity that sections of the US military and the US government are delusional or they arn't delusional?

Whats really frightening is not whether or not the military is delusional in their efforts to track, identify, and capture "pokemon", its the various "pokemon" cults that have sprung up brainwashing members with mindless prophecies about a "Apokelypse" in 2012.

These mindless cults spread like viruses. A mass delusion that alters society in general, enabling more and more people to be infected by silly ideas such Healing Pokeballs, channeling Pokemon, and buying billions of dollars of delusional material, like the recent " What the Pika!? Down the Pokemon Hole"

I personally think we should be asking not if the Pokemon are real, but whether "they" are really Pokemon. When was the last time a delusion induced Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and scared the crap out of animals? Some people argue its Digimon, Pikmin, Neopets or even Tamagotchi. I personally think its none of them. These are mostly the creations of Japanese designers, except for Neopets, that are marketed towards children for the sole purpose of profit. They sell books, games, etc.

Even more annoying are non objective skeptics who see no further than their own noses. People who make anomalous phenomena seem rediculous by comparing it to Japanese pop culture being imported into the US.

Then again though the silly cults seem to be just as good at trivializing and making something sound completely bonkers.

Really though in the end, its probably best that way. Whether its dissonance from our selves or memetic propaganda being spread, its probably better that we not understand or acknowledge lest it lead to mass panic and mental breakdown throughout society.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Well, I'm pretty sure that forum won't go anywhere.
Look at one of the admin's response to a new member.

New Member:

I'm so glad I've finally found some people who aren't stupid and actually know that pokemon exist. I mean **** everyone knew it a couple years ago but then it stopped being cool so they pretended it wasn't real. Dumbasses, fashion doesn't equal reality. So here I am hello, **** YEAH

Admin:

I don't like your additude, Seaking. You spout so many swears, you're loud and annoying, and you're using those catchphrases from Gamefaqs. Gamefaqs raids us, you're one of them. Good day.

And, he closed the thread

z9.invisionfree.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Hyzera

Atleas the got to post something
How do they know that 'MoreConvincingLessBanning' wasn't there to do some convincing.. I would have played along if a knew it was an RPG
I mighta whipped something up in PS... Something seems a bit too genuine about some of the posters though.

EDIT: It appears that was " Member No.: 322" Maybe he locked his thread because he's part of skull an bones

[edit on 3/25/2008 by Bumr055]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Beliving in pokemons is wierd but could be explained...

But beliving in this is really wierd, it cant be explained even by continuous usage of heaviest drugs known to man...

Just look: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by zero_cool1990

Look no further:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I've been in forums long enough to be able to tell when people are being sarcastic and disengenuinely over-serious. Everything in this forum seems like that, one giant joke.

My guess is that it's a small forum someone seriously made that got overtaken by 4chan or ebaums. They'be been known for stuff much more elaborate and widespread than this.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Whoops! Wrong thread!

[edit on 25-3-2008 by Palasheea]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hyzera
Admin:

I don't like your additude, Seaking. You spout so many swears, you're loud and annoying, and you're using those catchphrases from Gamefaqs. Gamefaqs raids us, you're one of them. Good day.

And, he closed the thread

z9.invisionfree.com...

Take a look at another post by the same admin...

Seriously you WoW____. You couldn't think of anything better than "Lol brawl?" This is just _______ stupid. I'm breaking my own damn rules here with the _______ swearing. I can't believe I used to be one of you ____. You're a mockery to stoop this low and bash on someones beliefs. God damn, go suck Illidans ____.

You can fill in the blanks, Don't want to get banned here.
Link

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Then again the chupacabra may just be a dimensional entity that somehow figured out (or was dumped here) how to get from their world to ours.

hey,hey,hey,heyheeeey leave chup out of this, hes an alien that was left/ abandoned here by the grays hes not an interdimensional being

JK

When 2000 people in Mexico city claim to have seen the same pikachu at the same time then i will hold my hands up and say "just maybe"

amen to that!!!

seriously though that is retarded but the worst part some are definitely being serious this girl, Alyssa told my friend Janine, who told me that she "supposedly" had a real Pokemon. she apparently got it from some guy in a hood that covered his face (a little cliche dontcha think?) that drove up to her and gave a big egg and then its hatched and there was an evee in it and then later it supposedly evolved into a flareon but to do that you would need a fire stone 0_o and soo any way it knows ember and supposedly burned a tree in her back yard

lol the scientist that "teleported" that soooooooooooo freaking funny i felt like a was being throw about at the top of the stairs and a got knocked out and then i was at the bottom of the stairs? seriously he obviously fell
durrr

oh and that pic with pikachu attracting lightning it looks like a lighting storm with a pik cut and pasted on to the mountain how can anyone think its real???

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by chupacabraboy

lol the scientist that "teleported" that soooooooooooo freaking funny i felt like a was being throw about at the top of the stairs and a got knocked out and then i was at the bottom of the stairs? seriously he obviously fell
durrr

I would love to have seen his experiment on video, lol.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

they still havn't figured out that this is a giant troll...that they have filled our day with joy and epic lawlz.

You pokepeople should be feel proud! you've brightened the day of many members of the OT, your the main character in an epic legend born right here on these boards.
Crazy people and trolls fighting for entertainment...isn't that the biggest gift of all?

Okay, so the RPG thing seems right here... Then that rude admin replys(in the same manner the person that got their thread closed)

God damn. They still think we're _______ doing this for fun.

We're god damn 100% Totally legit! Just because you haven't experianced witnessing a pokemon doesn't mean you're right!

Are they actually going to this extent to role play... were talking about an admin here.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
YES, most here are no better than those Pokeman Clerks. ATS is "Nat Paper" and a waste of time.

Originally posted by dodgygeeza
This discussion forum is dedicated to people who actually believe that Pokemon exist

z9.invisionfree.com...

Having looked through some of the threads, it strikes me that alot of the threads are very similar to alien threads (claiming to have picture evidence, been abducted by pokemon etc - one of them claiming to have the "key to the door" like Sleeper, the year 2012, enlightenment etc)

Does this mean that we're no better than these guys? It seems to me their delusion is playing out exactly like some of the things in this forum.

Just a thought.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by dodgygeeza]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join