It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If these guys believe that Pokemon exist....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
This is all tongue in cheek stuff.

The administrators and contributors of that site are mostly trolls themselves, set up to fool some other troll group no doubt.

There are the two websites pokeclipse and digiclipse and they have set up (by the same people) two fake message boards and set them against each other.

I'm sure one member will post the link to the other troll group, have an influx of traffic and mass bannings then turn around and claim pwnage that they, in fact, trolled the trolls.

Trust me.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
the whole Pokemon thing is different.. that is more likely to be a global children hypnosis or some experiments set on children

In 1997, an episode of the cartoon Pokémon allegedly induced seizures and other ailments in thousands of Japanese children. Though popularly attributed to photosensitive epilepsy, the episode has many of the hallmarks of mass hysteria.

Doctors said that children "went into a trance-like state, similar to hypnosis, complaining of shortness of breath, nausea, and bad vision . . ." (Snyder 1997). According to the Yomiuri Shimbun newspaper, "Victim's families reported that children passed out during the broadcast, went into convulsions, and vomited" (Yomiuri Shimbun 1997b).

article and another

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Enrikez

If this is truly set up by one company... I would REALLY worry about their intentions. Look at the information that is being shared... WOW

Parents never understand, I'd move out but I'd have to pay rent, and I wouldn't have any money left to spend on Pokemon cards/games or Pokechow that my 16 year old brother sells me.

Uhm?! Pokechow?... I want some!
... Could this be a conspiracy to get more people on prescription drugs? The OP(of the link I posted) Said he was prescribed PILLS because he believes what he does... Kinda, veryy creepy.

EDIT: Come to think of it.. I bet they were 'plocibo' or sugar pills... He said it stopped his visions, and that would give alot of information to his doctor.

[edit on 3/25/2008 by Bumr055]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The joke is on you for believing they believe.

RPG is something that is not new. Think of Dungeons and Dragons, but anime style.

There are many boards all over the internet where people roleplay. I bet you half of them claiming to be girls are really boys, and possibly vice versa.

talk about people taking things too seriously!!!

I am sure they would have a riot of a laugh if they knew people were peeking in and thought they lived in this belief. Wake up, you are adults, and you should realize that kids play and have imaginations.

I am Sesshomaru and I use my Tokijin on you!!!1!!!1!!elev!n! Now I use my Tenseiga and revive you all! Be careful or I will use my light whip on you or transform into my demon form!

Seriously, people do this stuff for fun. The more serious they take it on the dedicated board, the more fun it is for them. I can promise you they wouldn't come here and say Pokemonz R 4realz!1!

I am a member of anime forums, and they have sub-forums for RPG for the people who like to do it. They still even call each other by brother or sister outside of the RPG, but they don't believe they are really blood. It is continued affection. No, they don't think they can shoot majic out of their fingers or whatever else their character can do.

Thanks for amusing me at how reactionary you all were. Please, relax. Maybe play a video game or watch an anime. Try to stimulate your imagination. Remember a time as a child playing cops and robbers, or cowboys and indians, or with little cars and figurines. Don't lose touch with that fun-loving purity and innocence. There is nothing wrong with relaxing and letting your hair down. Some people re-enact the civil war, some medeivel times ... I am actually boring compared to all of these, since I don't rpg or do any of it, but I can still understand it. People who cosplay don't think they ARE the characters, but for the comiccon (comic convention) they are the character for fun.

:roflamao:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bumr055
reply to post by IchiNiSan

I just took a look at that thread.. He used a program to sniff data(on a network playing a pokamon game) apparently then got a picture of the landscape... Am I just not getting why this anything significant?

I actually had a great laugh watching that thread, and John Lear's Moon pictures came in mind immediately. I mean what is the big difference between these delusional boys seeing in a creepy fuzzy picture a Pikachu and some supposedly mature adults seeing man-built structures in a fuzzy Moon picture? seriously, again, what is the difference in seeing tunnel/railroad systems or faces on Mars pictures and a Pikachu in that creep-me-out-of-hell picture? It seems like people see what they wanna see, no matter how old you are.

I do agree with Santa Claus that ATS is full of a variety of sceptical people who will tear a poster apart who claims to have visitted Alpha Centauri numerous times, but then, there will be always some supporters who believes that guy, hmmm, wasn't there a boy in that creepy website who just came back from Pokeworld?

It is mostly likely a sick joke who some kids felt for and has messed up their minds now in both sites. Whatever the intention, most important is that I agree with the OP that in reality these kinds of websites (ATS alike) are not that much different from a creepy website which most of the users are true believers in the existence of Pokemons to some extend.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Mew>Greys.

haha. This thread gave me the laugh I needed to start my day.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Have a star

Simply for making me laugh out loud for the first time today

On a serious note, i think its a fair point thats raised and when i see some of those threads i do instantly think of some posts on here where people communicate with alien overlords in dreams or by telepathy, or my personal favourite, channeling
(not having a pop folks, just one of the most extremely "far fetched" things in my very humble opinion!)

I think the main difference is that there are people on here who have had genuine experiences, or witnessed something that can be photographed, videod or be subject to multiple witnesses.

When 2000 people in mexico city claim to have seen the same pikachu at the same time then i will hold my hands up and say "just maybe"

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Pokemon existing? Depends on if you give stock to dimensional realities. If there are infinite alternate realities, something easily could have changed to produce a world with similar physical laws to ours, but with animals that have such a differing genetic code and with scientists producing vastly unique technologies that Pokemon COULD exist. Are they here abducting people?
I can't really wrap my mind around that, but I firmly believe that TV and movies are honestly crude windows into alternate realities represented by cartoons and actors who have no idea that what they are performing has a mirror world where that storyline is someone's life. Remember, suffering in a dream is still suffering.

Invasion of the body snatchers or War of the Worlds would be far less entertaining if you were the poor shmoes trying to escape your possessed psychotic entity consumed neighbors who only value you as part of their collective. Too many people just brush this off and pay it no heed, but even in a movie or cartoon, those people are feeling emotions and are suffering, and many laugh it off as simply media.

Reality is far more complex than we realize, and soon Earth may be in possession of dimensional rifting technologies that allow us to step between worlds, and well I would recommend never going to such a place and poking a Pikachu with a sharp stick. As for here? I am not even going to bat an eye to thinking of Pokemon jumping dimensions and abducting me. Then again the chupacabra may just be a dimensional entity that somehow figured out (or was dumped here) how to get from their world to ours. This is conjecture, but think about that possibility, play with it and have fun, meeting the X Men or Superman would be cool, but not the implications of all the nasty things that would love to dominate this reality, or you might just want Lex Luthor over for dinner, whatever.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Starred and flagged. Love how this is exactly the same weird stuff that we see on ATS all day, except its related about toys for kids! Maybe it could open up eyes to some people!

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceCase017

Thanks for missing the point by a mile. Im highlighting various similar threads that are frequently made here on ATS.

Yes I understand what roleplaying is but I don't think in this case it is. Try looking at some of the threads on that website please. Some of that stuff doesn't fall in to the category of roleplaying.......

A large percentage of their members are probably messing about but there are the ones that really are convinced (it seems)

[edit on 25-3-2008 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

No fair, I want to get abducted by peekachu(poor attempt at spelling:lol

[edit on 3/25/2008 by Bumr055]

I would rather be abducted by a really weak pokemon, not something like Pikachu that could shock you to death.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Im really laughing right now.

I do believe they exist, but in some other universe. Because universes are infinate in the multiverse. But, really. A tire rim and a record player?

Besides, pokemon were made up by this one dude somewhere. Its not like they are on this planet or will ever be on this planet. Then again, infiate posibilities. But probability says, no.

I liked that guys idea on grabbing images from the ds internet. But all nintendos connect to the same servers. Those images looked like ones from a pokemon coloseum game.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by shiman]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
This is actually extremely distressing to me in that it highlights the sort of disconnection that so many young people (children and teens) seem to be feeling in the world today, and the strange ways they seek to reach out to others. While a child obsessed with pokemon may seem like a harmless thing, I feel it can easily be linked to more destructive delusional behaviors, for example girls involved in "anorexia support groups" where they encourage others to lose more weight, people involved in suicide pacts/visiting pro-suicide websites, maybe even roaming bands of teens who kick other people to death for a five pound bet. I remember having a friend in high school who was absolutely convinced that she was a super-sayan or whatever from one of these TV shows. Later she became convinced she was a vampire and nearly jumped one of our mutual friends in an attempt to drink her blood. Today she is a happy and healthy adult with a beautiful baby, but had she not had the proper support, (which it seems many of these children lack--one talked about even their teachers making fun of them for their beliefs), she could very well have ended up lost in an extremely dangerous set of delusions. While I am all for children having rich fantasy lives, there reaches a point where it is too much.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

EDIT: This HAS to be a joke... Or they are all just having fun pretending to believe(or most)...
Like look at this(laugh out loud) apparently a 'scientist' on the forum went and bought some hubcaps and magnets.. attached it to a record player and stood on it and was teleported(I don't think ill be trying this with my turntable)
LINK

Did you read the full post though?
Especially this part:

Originally posted by Vitriol After spinning around a few times I felt the sensation of being thrown across the room. I crashed down heavily and with the world spinning around me I sat up. I had indeed been transported across to the other plate. Emboldened by this success I placed one of the plates at the bottom of my stairs and one at the top. Standing on the top plate I was again "thrown off"; this time the sensation was of falling and being bashed around to the point of being knocked out, but when I came to I was indeed at the base of the stairs by the other plate.

"One plate at the bottom of my stairs, one at the top" I stood on top of the top, got thrown off and voila, I woke up downstairs.

I think you can take some of those posts with a grain of salt lol, it seems to be obvious he's referring to falling down the stairs

[edit on 25/3/08 by -0mega-]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The funny thing is.. You might as well claim that teeth fairies are flying the ufos we see in the sky..or the eastern bunnies.. Because there is no evidence to one way or the other. So basicly the Pokemon believers are in the same line with alien believers.Im sure they have "eyewitness testimonies" also. XD Theres no difference what so ever. It´s hilarious. X)

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Enrikez

I agree with Enrikez here. And it seems like an excellent way to make a huge amount of money. People visiting that forum are very likely to click on the google ads near the page header.

Marketing geniuses.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

i know what you mean, people pick on me all the time just because i believe in pokemon.

i used to get beat up almost every day, and even teachers made fun of me sad.gif

but i know everything will be alright in the end, some day we will go to the pokemon world, and all the bad things will stop.

man o man...thats just funny.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by Dr.Greenthumb]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
perhaps aliens take on the form of whatever you want to see...
people on here want or expect to see greys...
people on there want to see pokemon?
lol just a thought.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I can't believe I was not aware of this

This has been going on under our noses all along!!! How could I have missed this!!!

Now I find out they are abducting and eating children

Source of the photo.

Hide your children, lock the door and be very afraid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

my vote goes with extra dimensional entities(or energies) which take whatever form you perceive them to have.

I have also read that Pokemon is a modernized version of Hinduism, and the funny thing is, in hinduism, Krishna says straight up to Arjuna in the Bhagavad-Gita, "I only appear how you want me to appear"

Also, on another note, there are theories that in 2012 everything becomes possible and whatever version of reality you think will be after 2012, will actually be the one you end up in. If thats true, maybe these kids are on to something, or perhaps the designers. I mean, how many Christian children love Pokemon more than Jesus? They probably understand the Hindu cosmology far more than their own Judaic tradition.

This might sound kind of lame, but when I saw the first image I started crying. I was just overwhelmed with emotion, something that's only happened to me a few times before. This is an absolutely incredible find, and I honestly am no longer afraid to tell the world about this reality that has been found, because there is now undeniable proof.
Wow, just wow, thats moving.

[edit on 3/25/2008 by psychedeliack]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join