It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If these guys believe that Pokemon exist....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
This discussion forum is dedicated to people who actually believe that Pokemon exist

z9.invisionfree.com...

Having looked through some of the threads, it strikes me that alot of the threads are very similar to alien threads (claiming to have picture evidence, been abducted by pokemon etc - one of them claiming to have the "key to the door" like Sleeper, the year 2012, enlightenment etc)

Does this mean that we're no better than these guys? It seems to me their delusion is playing out exactly like some of the things in this forum.

Just a thought.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
No fair, I want to get abducted by peekachu(poor attempt at spelling:lol

Must be some new drug... Or maybe just the good old drugs with some Asian subliminals.

Seems everyday someone finds a new way to poke at people who believe in other forms of life.

[edit on 3/25/2008 by Bumr055]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodgygeeza
This discussion forum is dedicated to people who actually believe that Pokemon exist

z9.invisionfree.com...

Having looked through some of the threads, it strikes me that alot of the threads are very similar to alien threads (claiming to have picture evidence, been abducted by pokemon etc - one of them claiming to have the "key to the door" like Sleeper, the year 2012, enlightenment etc)

Does this mean that we're no better than these guys? It seems to me their delusion is playing out exactly like some of the things in this forum.

Just a thought.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by dodgygeeza]

Oh my god, I really do not know what to say, I do want to say something. But words are not coming out of my mouth. Want to make lame jokes, but this could be serious, maybe these boys are less delusional than the people visitting these places....

Following thread is something close to a John Lear structure/cvilization-picture-on-the-moon-thread
z9.invisionfree.com...
"You see that pikachu too?"

Or thread names called "Pika and Pikachu - A conspiracy?, could the govn't be hiding something?" Everything is the government's consirpiracies, wow, where did i read that somewhere?

Or threads like " My experience in the pokemon world, "Shiny" Pokemon sighted" , which are no better than people claiming they have telepathic contacts with the Greys, this is sooooooo creepy.....

Or so-called dis-info infected threads like "Enough is enough" where true believers in a Pokemon world cry out loud that these disinfo agents should leave.

You even have topics about the scientific nature of this whole religion " My research into teleportation technologies"

Or talk about the end of world "the apocalypse and the pokemon world " aka 2012 or other doomsday's discussions...

No, this is very creepy....

When is "denying ignorance" becoming "being delusional" ????

Ps. Fortunately I lurk more often in these boards just out of curiosity
Yet, this is a very valid question and great find of the OP!

EDIT: Flagged it, because I sincerely and seriously would want to see how some of the ATS members will react to this topic. Simply ignore it, use it as a fun read, or seriously think about the question???? hmmm....

[edit on 25/3/08 by IchiNiSan]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by IchiNiSan

I just took a look at that thread.. He used a program to sniff data(on a network playing a pokamon game) apparently then got a picture of the landscape... Am I just not getting why this anything significant?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Ok so that link terrified me. It showed there are people out there with some serious issues.

However, the people on those forums tended to seem extremely young and not very observant. They wanted something to be real, so it was. I was the same way when I was 8.

The difference between this and that is that ATS is full of people just waiting to tear you apart. I like that. Don't have evidence? Forget about it, you're going to the sharks.

Very often people on here get away with murder, but this subject would dissolve into nothingness in a hurry.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I'm sorry,but that site is just way too funny.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

I think this could be a new form of expression and reality as a result of how different media forms and the level of impact they as an influnence have on individuals. Stay with me here.
MassMedia, "reality"TV, fantasy and sci-fiTV, Internet, Interactive Gaming tech, multi-player role gaming, Mobile Phones, Massive Advertising....24/7....through this saturation the individuals reality and self is lost within all of this, and thus the division between what is Real and these worlds of MassMedia, reality TV, fantasy, sci-fi TV,Internet, gaming etc are blurred and so spill and cross over into each other and then we see this hybrid reality of real/and techreal experiences interpreted by the individual as one experience......and so into places like ATS etc where we see individuals playing out these roles as true experience.
What do you guys think....a bit out there but not as out there as believing pokemon is real.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
These people must not have any common sense... If pokamon are real, then how the hell did the creators of the show get all this info?.. Something tells me they did scan packets from their DS.

Everyone on that forum talks about the pokamon being exactly how they are in the game (like believing that the ones that read minds would read minds in[real life??])

I'm starting to think that the creators of this game are up to something... Theses people are like a cult waiting to get sucked in to a god damn computer to hang out with there friends they create in the game.

Remember that south park episode.. chimpokimon? or something like that.. where everyone that watched it was brainwashed. This is starting to seem less like a joke and more like a serious problem.

EDIT: Take a look at this... I'm almost sure that whoever owns pokamon needs something coming to them... 'porygon'

Okay, so whats this message thing about.. can you send messages to other DS users on this game? Or is sending messages back in forth to the game just part of the fun... If I find out this game is built to send random messages to appear more real there IS somthing up.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
z9.invisionfree.com...

After much research, my next plan will to be somehow deconstruct the human molecular structure and convert myself into data packets to which will inject me into the universe. My only issue is the ideology that this will cause a destruction of both worlds, hence why I'm researching the biological and scientific workings of the Pokeuniverse.

Well, maybe my hypothesis is'nt that far of the mark, as this guy really wants to cross from his reality to the digital pokemon. I hope he makes a back up copy of those data packets.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
How do you get peekachu onto the bed?

Poke-m-on! Lol

Mikey

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
there's even some incredibly poor photoshopped images on youtube
www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Haha

God what is this world going to...

I mean i can believe in a battle above earth for our survival involving 122 Alien species. (THATS really FAR out there people)

BUT

Pokemon?

come on

Next thing you know, we are all assigned a "pokemon" and a tag. Thats something for you NWO believers

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Well I'm reading more threads and am probably going to be crazy by the end of today...

But at least the schools seem to be doing their part..

the school administration had me put in therapy for 5 years
too bad that didn't seem to work out, since he is still on the forum.

NWO, 9/11 nothing compares to the projects keeping secret of the cartoon people running around with bigfoot... Wait, is nessy on pokemon?

[url=http://z9.invisionfree.com/Pokeclipse/index.php?showtopic=394]>Here's the link

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
my son is 7, and understands pokemon are not real...... that is very absurd, and im quite speechless...... next time anyone tells me to be quiet about aliens/ufo 'nonsense', i shall direct them to that site!....... although it is easy to see why people get sucked into it, its another world to them i suppose, better than this world, and i guess its their fantasy life..... pokemon does have a spiritual essence to it (have seen all the movies!)..... maybe they connect to it in some way........ saying that, its still very very odd

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I own 3 Pikachu's and I'm a trainer.

[edit on 25-3-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Oh give them some credit guys, its clearly an RPG sort of site where they pretend to believe in pokemon being real.

Surely nobody is that deluded to think that they actually exist!

If it is, and these are the sorts of people that are allowed to vote in elections, i think it may point to what is wrong in our society today.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dodgygeeza

That looks like a bunch of young children (who shouldn't be on internet forums anyway
) with a few adults who are either very messed up, or just joking around with children's minds for entertainment, I guess.

I wouldn't take it too seriously.

[edit on 25/3/08 by enjoies05]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

You're being misled. Digimon s an elaborate hoax designed to sway those who would believe down the wrong path.

These guys really HATE digimon hahah.. WOW.
Thread
A thread made by someone that apparently 'has been' to the digital world...
These people seem very confused indeed.

EDIT: oh ya..

omg someone ban him
No opinions aloud... toobad, I might have joined.

EDIT: This HAS to be a joke... Or they are all just having fun pretending to believe(or most)...
Like look at this(laugh out loud) apparently a 'scientist' on the forum went and bought some hubcaps and magnets.. attached it to a record player and stood on it and was teleported(I don't think ill be trying this with my turntable)
LINK

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
People find comfort wherever they feel the most welcome. I'm sure a lot of these kids are just Pokemon fan club members and stumbled upon this site. (sort of the way many of us came upon ATS). However the subject matter is a little extreme, but I imagine many of them are ages 8-12. An 8 year old reading all these posts on the Pokemon world that "exists in another realm" is going to find it easier to believe than a grown adult.

Scary stuff, perhaps future ATS members though

[edit on 25-3-2008 by samureyed]

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
you take that back, ya hear! TAKE IT BACK!.

man, you say some of the meanest things around here, next thing you'll be saying the easter bunny and santa arent real either.

its all lies, it aint true i tell ya!

pokemon ARE real... /me runs off crying like a 7yr old

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join